dcs18

Personally, have already installed it successfully on a ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series.

On a Sony notebook?

. . . . . . . . on a desktop.

• Replies 691
  • Views 92.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not a big deal. Sony, Toshiba and panasonic are the notebook vendors that aren't supported by AMD. Let's see how it goes. I'll instal the driver tomorrow.

Sony, Toshiba and panasonic are the notebook vendors that aren't supported by AMD.

Am I missing something? :s

May be you are.

Edit: I have tried the beta driver and it's a negative. The miracle didn't happen. The installation only recognizes HDMI audio driver along with CCC. Express installation fails with an error and Custom installation shows only thosd two components to be installed - HDMI and CCC. No sign of display driver.

God bless microsoft for creating an AMD driver for my adapter WDDM v1.1 Engineering sample. Got that from windows update and it's all good now.

God bless microsoft for creating an AMD driver for my adapter WDDM v1.1 Engineering sample. Got that from windows update and it's all good now.

Glad your issue is resolved.

Hey, can you find WDDM v1.3 WHQL drivers?

Here is some information:

> Microsoft detects my HD 5145 as HD 4500 series and provides WDDM v1.1 driver for it which works well.

> Then I extracted the Hardware ID of my GPU and pasted it on google. It says that's a HD 5145, which is accurate. Dumb ass MSFT. So I concluded that my GPU really is HD 5145.

> I searched Microsoft Download Catalog for HD 5000 series. Got one which is WDDM v1.2. Downloaded that one to but after installation, the same HD 4500 WDDM v1.1 appears.

Grand conclusion - WDDM v1.1 is Windows 7 shit. Then why MSFT provides it for windows 8.1? They are out of their minds. Or they may not if there is a hardware centric compatibilty issue with WDDM versions.

Mine is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 (the 5000 series), Not ATI Radeon HD 5450/5470 (the 5400 series).

Hey, I think, windows has some policy for not allowing to instal unsigned drivers for some certain hardwares on mobile plateform. Do you think so?

By default, Windows prevents the installation of unsigned driver (not limited to the mobile hardware) - this is more strictly implemented in Windows 8+ due to an unprecedented, enhanced security.

Yet, desktop hardwares are easy to deal with. You can easily update the driver if the vendor have support for it. But in case of some laptop, the right is mirgrated to the sub-vendors which is crazy.

Alright, keep this things apart. Now, what's taking my attention is, from windows update I've downloaded and installed the opted HD 4500 series driver which has only WDDM v1.1 support - this worked fine. Then I manually searched the microsoft download catalog and found a driver for HD 5000 series which has the WDDM v1.2 support. Downloaded and installed that successfully but after installation it shows the same HD 4500 series WDDM v1.1. What kind of joke is it - non-veg?

Both of the engineering sample drivers were released in 2012 and they both have support for windows 8.1.

I'm going to download comodo firewall

Pro. Please provide me the exact subject's download link and cookwares (if necessary).

No, I have a bit data shortage right now. Will try that driver later.

Ok, you try the newer one. Till then I'll go with zone alarm. Which one are you trying, btw? :naughty:

I guess you are not kidding :dunno:

Edit: Wow, that's a tiny tool. I'll try this too along with you. Please share necessary tips in this regard.

Please share necessary tips in this regard.

Shall certainly share whenever you need the same. ;)

Shall certain share whenever you need the same. ;)
I don't know what I need in this regard. You will tell me how to setup things :spank:

Shall certain share whenever you need the same. ;)
I don't know what I need in this regard. You will tell me how to setup things :spank:

If WFC is so good with WF, than why MSFT isn't implementing that idea officially in WF? Why don't they just buy WFC already?

Hey how to export settings of windows 8 manager?

Archived