Dog Abuse and killing in China

Funnybunny

http://www.causes.com/actions/1665543-nobody-touch-the-dog-stop-dog-cruelty-and-tortures-in-china

I just have a few words to say..... I ABSOLUTELY HATE CHINA AND THEIR [cliip] AND [clip]PEOPLE! IF I COULD - I WOULD [clip] THEM THE SAME WAY THEY [clip] THESE FELLOW ANIMALS! [clips]? ARE THEY BORN WITHOUT HEARTS AND COMPASSION FOR OTHERS LIVES AND PAIN! THEY ARE [clip], AND I ACCTUALLY WISH THEM TO [clip]

Sign a petition to stop dog abuse in china :(

Staff Note --

You are free to opine your views but subject to these forum rules --

All interactions between community members (be it via posts, PM's or via the shoutbox) should be free from flaming, baiting, spam, profanities
and illegal / obscene material, and as a result should be positive, polite and constructive.

We intend to treat all of our members without discrimination due to race, color, age, sex, religion / creed, species, sexual orientation, marital status, political standing or disability. In keeping with these guidelines, we expect you as individuals, to stay true to these beliefs.

• Replies 31
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 days left

127,434People signed the petition

WE NEED

Please everyone SHARE THIS :( We need 1,000,000 :(

Just signed. It seems that people gotta have FB account to sign. Still aLOLtz to go.

funnybunny you don`t talk like that about a nation. this thread will soon be closed and probably deleted by a mod.

Yeah, the invitation needs to be worded so tantalizingly that even the Chinese should fall over each other in their hurry to sign the petition. :wub:

http://www.causes.com/actions/1665543-nobody-touch-the-dog-stop-dog-cruelty-and-tortures-in-china

I just have a few words to say..... I ABSOLUTELY HATE CHINA AND THEIR [cliip] AND [clip]PEOPLE! IF I COULD - I WOULD [clip] THEM THE SAME WAY THEY [clip] THESE FELLOW ANIMALS! [clips]? ARE THEY BORN WITHOUT HEARTS AND COMPASSION FOR OTHERS LIVES AND PAIN! THEY ARE [clip], AND I ACCTUALLY WISH THEM TO [clip]

I am Chinese. I love animals and will never subject any pet to torture or harm.

Please do not generalise people you are unfamiliar with nor have any face-to-face experience.

I too, frown upon Chinese customs and practices but you also have to understand you're probably raised under western morals which hugely differ from those of the eastern nations. What is shocking for us is an everyday and mundance occurence for them.

*EDIT* Also signed.

Last time I checked, Michael Vick wasn't Chinese. Please refrain from crass generalizations and disrespectful language against an entire community ;) And dog meat consumption isn't unfortunately limited to China only. It's happening in your pacified (Western) European backyard as well! :angry: LINK

Personally, I love dogs. Just lost 2 of my precious little furry friends in the last few months. Never thought it'd be so difficult emotionally :( RIP Lalu and Kalu. Hopefully, you guys are in a better place. Will meet again someday, I promise :mellow:

I really wish I had paid heed to all those warnings at the start of that video on that page on causes.com and not watched any further. :nono: I wish I had never seen any of that. I don't get shocked too easy. Living in a 3rd world country, we can't afford to unlike people from the pacified West. Too many shocking things happening in every corner every second even as I speak ;)

We see chickens and poultry being skinned alive out in the open on a daily basis and that is horrendous in itself. But what makes this even more intolerable is the dogs' unending devotion towards man. Every time a butcher approaches them, they probably willingly hand themselves over, :o hoping to find a friend who will love them, play with them and maybe mitigate their pain. That's all they ever want. :(

If you've never known dogs from close quarters, take it from somebody who does - EVERY single dog, purebred, stray or otherwise is like that. They have the power to love us unconditionally. They are the only creatures on planet earth that'll give us love just for the heck of it without wanting anything in return. They'll NEVER EVER take their frustration or anger at somebody else out on their owner/caregiver. They'll do anything and everything to get the slightest love from us humans. They certainly do not deserve to be treated this way. No creature does. :nono:

P.S. - I'm having difficulty typing right now. The face of that innocent, obedient, loyal, faithful best friend of man will haunt me forever. God bless his/her soul and so many other unfortunate ones like them. RIP buddy :(

Please do not generalise people you are unfamiliar with nor have any face-to-face experience.

I too, frown upon Chinese customs and practices but you also have to understand you're probably raised under western morals which hugely differ from those of the eastern nations. What is shocking for us is an everyday and mundance occurence for them.

*EDIT* Also signed.

I am also raised from eastern nation and i hate people here eating dog meat, as in our laws says dog meat is not considered as mans food but how can everyone understand the abuse and kind of killing dogs in china.. it is brutal and barbaric and should be banned and punish those who is responsible

*EDIT* Also signed.

I am also raised from eastern nation and i hate people here eating dog meat, as in our laws says dog meat is not considered as mans food but how can everyone understand the abuse and kind of killing dogs in china.. it is brutal and barbaric and should be banned and punish those who is responsible

That's fair enough.

The reason we don't eat dogs is because we domesticated them. If we domesticated chickens, then that would also be barbaric. Just like a hive mind.

Didn't dog meat become a staple dish in Korea because of famine? I'd rather be eating dog than become a cannibal.

*EDIT* Also signed.

That's fair enough.

The reason we don't eat dogs is because we domesticated them. If we domesticated chickens, then that would also be barbaric. Just like a hive mind.

Didn't dog meat become a staple dish in Korea because of famine? I'd rather be eating dog than become a cannibal.

well, there is a big difference between dogs and chicken, aside from domesticating, dogs are also considered as man's best friend, maybe you may want to consider a chicken as your best friend? and what would other people would think if you're walking down the street with a chicken on the top of your head . . . and last thing to consider is a chicken meat is far more delicious and don't have rabies so it is safe to eat ! ! !

Last time I checked, Michael Vick wasn't Chinese. Please refrain from crass generalizations and disrespectful language against an entire community ;) And dog meat consumption isn't unfortunately limited to China only. It's happening in your pacified (Western) European backyard as well! :angry: LINK

Personally, I love dogs. Just lost 2 of my precious little furry friends in the last few months. Never thought it'd be so difficult emotionally :( RIP Lalu and Kalu. Hopefully, you guys are in a better place. Will meet again someday, I promise :mellow:

I really wish I had paid heed to all those warnings at the start of that video on that page on causes.com and not watched any further. :nono: I wish I had never seen any of that. I don't get shocked too easy. Living in a 3rd world country, we can't afford to unlike people from the pacified West. Too many shocking things happening in every corner every second even as I speak ;)

We see chickens and poultry being skinned alive out in the open on a daily basis and that is horrendous in itself. But what makes this even more intolerable is the dogs' unending devotion towards man. Every time a butcher approaches them, they probably willingly hand themselves over, :o hoping to find a friend who will love them, play with them and maybe mitigate their pain. That's all they ever want. :(

If you've never known dogs from close quarters, take it from somebody who does - EVERY single dog, purebred, stray or otherwise is like that. They have the power to love us unconditionally. They are the only creatures on planet earth that'll give us love just for the heck of it without wanting anything in return. They'll NEVER EVER take their frustration or anger on somebody else out on their owner/caregiver. They'll do anything and everything to get the slightest love from us humans. They certainly do not deserve to be treated this way. No creature does. :nono:

P.S. - I'm having difficulty typing right now. The face of that innocent, obedient, loyal, faithful best friend of man will haunt me forever. God bless his/her soul and so many other unfortunate ones like them. RIP buddy :(

Almost made me cry ... :(

I wish i never seen that video on causes.com :sadwalk: :(

Hey, is there any way other the retarded FaceBook method - most of my friends want to sign the petition (they're put-off with the FaceBook re-direct - I know others may prefer that way . . . . . . . . . ) :dunno:

Yea, we in US and EU are full of shit, we give more money for dog shelters than for homeless(houseless) people.

We should NOT criticize other peoples culture and be such a hypocrites,

shame on us for trying to decide what is right and what is wrong from our limited perspective.

As someone above said I'd rather eat a dog meat than a human.

What is inhuman is obesity people behind their computers with full stomach and covered by social help criticizing people that have no food, have no water, have no social help, have no electricity and are literally dying from starvation.

I can, if you want me to, mention much worse cases of animal abuse in U.S., EU, India, Japan and many more that no one covered or made any kind of petition.

I advise you to try to fix problems in your communities and not to be mindless puppets of media.

I remember incident that occur in my town where dog attacked police officer and one was forced to shot him.

Many people that called themselves animal lovers protested and were signing petition for officer to be fired for killing the dog.

There were enough reasonable people to stop that madness and to clarify that life of human is more important than life of an animal and that officer was protecting his life. Dog was of a breed Dogo Argentono and very capable of killing adult man.

1100096.jpg

I don't see any usefulness of signing this petition.

Will this petition will make Chinese people to discard 4000 years old culture?

This to me seems like the one sign petition to reduce AIDS in the World, silly people.

Idiots.

Yea, we in US and EU are full of shit, we give more money for dog shelters than for homeless(houseless) people.

We should NOT criticize other peoples culture and be such a hypocrites,

shame on us for trying to decide what is right and what is wrong from our limited perspective.

As someone above said I'd rather eat a dog meat than a human.

What is inhuman is obesity people behind their computers with full stomach and covered by social help criticizing people that have no food, have no water, have no social help, have no electricity and are literally dying from starvation.

I can, if you want me to, mention much worse cases of animal abuse in U.S., EU, India, Japan and many more that no one covered or made any kind of petition.

I advise you to try to fix problems in your communities and not to be mindless puppets of media.

I remember incident that occur in my town where dog attacked police officer and one was forced to shot him.

Many people that called themselves animal lovers protested and were signing petition for officer to be fired for killing the dog.

There were enough reasonable people to stop that madness and to clarify that life of human is more important than life of an animal and that officer was protecting his life. Dog was of a breed Dogo Argentono and very capable of killing adult man.

1100096.jpg

I don't see any usefulness of signing this petition.

Will this petition will make Chinese people to discard 4000 years old culture?

This to me seems like the one sign petition to reduce AIDS in the World, silly people.

Idiots.

You support this ? "this is culture" ? Torturing an animal is culture , cooking it alive that's culture ? What the hell is wrong with you ?

Even if they eat dog meat , at least kill the animal instantly , don't torture the poor creature or cook it alive just imagine the pain... :(

If you ask me those people who do this , they're sick ... They are heartless , i would never hurt an animal like that :(

Dog also has feelings like a human , this is wrong what they're doing to these poor animals .

1100096.jpg

Idiots.

Your spoiler opened my eyes - what an idiot I was, thank you!!!

Just imagine if a Chino was busy eating a dying dog and the silly thing had the gumption to cough while passing through the Chinese esophagus and if he had to choke to death >>---> idiotic dog, how dare it!!!

Wow, what a revelation - a human life is indeed precious and above all, thank you again. :bow:

Methinks that things are getting too hot and heavy round these parts. ANY generalisation here will lead to someone saying something breeding hostility and hatred. When strong feelings are concerned, the energy that gets accumulated needs to gel released somehow, often by way of rage. Therefore, saying that all Chinese are beasts is a fallacy just as much as saying all dog lovers are wonderful people. One needn't be linked to the other. A person evil to a dog might be wonderful towards people - a racist and religious bigot may be a wonderful father... it goes on without end.

Culture is a complicated thing. In Africa, they mutilate female vaginas, and have been doing it for as long as they can fathom. Is that culture? Some would call it barbaric, some people in those very tribes might, but it changes nothing. European forces had colonies, and started the slave trade. Is that culture? Remember that the idea of slavery stemmed from the builders of the pyramids, and the likes of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle... the very foundation of all culture. From that standpoint, it is justified to say that nothing is culture - religion, human life, the lives of animals we slaughter for food... it will never change. Just like this petition (sadly) won't change anything either.

When thinking of Death in abstract terms, it is easiest to turn away, and try to divert your mind. to all contemplating the value of a dog's or a man's life, they are biased. By seeing this clip, they are victims to the human condition - where an individual death is always stronger than the general. I wonder, what would the dilemma be, if you saw a video of that done to a human being?

Hopefully, I didn't come off as preaching. It was not my intent. Neither was offending anything posted here, even the things that were offensive. The point I'm trying to get across is, there are merits to every culture, as well as serious compunctions, and every inch of human soil is drenched with blood. None of us are arbiters of taste, or the will of other men. What little we can do is try to cultivate within ourselves universal compassion. Towards the grieved, and the griever. Only then are we enlightened, and only then can we live, and let others live as well. Should you disagree, I will gladly admit you are right, and smarter than me. Absolute security in one's beliefs is a beautiful thing, but a very narrow path to follow.

Let me clarify myself:

It's our culture that mainly defines what's right and wrong along with common sens and laws that are based on culture and religion.

My way of thinking how to solve this problem:

There is way you can influence people, but that way is definitely not by criticizing and forcing them.

First increase standard so that no one is forced to eat dog food.

Second ensure proper education and show/tell/teach them dog is not good food and not good source of proteins.

Socialize them with dogs, make them create bonds and understand value of dog, value of life in general.

After that they will spread they cognition to community and their offspring.

That is the healthy way to influence people.

For Chinese people it's engraved in their history eating dogs.

From period when Genghis Khan besiege Chinese towns and when Chinese people including royalty after eating all food started eating dogs and cats and rats, and after that started eating human flesh to the age when Japan invaded China and same thing happened in a smaller scale.

Many people now are eating dog food in China because it's only meat they can afford.

In every culture you have pagan influence.

Because it is decided you should not eat cow or pig or dog in your culture and you are raised in a way that mention of eating dog will cause sickness is it okay to judge other peoples culture based on your cultural beliefs?

People believe in cows and monkeys as gods and what not, they eat ants, snakes, cats, dogs, or they don't eat pigs, cows or no meat at all, some don't eat even products from animals - all based on their believes, culture and religion. For vegan eating chicken is just as disgusting as it's eating dog for you.

For example in India : mukhyo dharmaH smr^tiShu vihito bhartr^shushruShANam hi

You have this incident that happened few months ago in India, but criticizing form distance is not solution to the problem.

In India that is bigger problem than eating dogs, I think.

I'm not stupid enough to say all people from India are like that or this because I know all people don't think same and don't act same.

Especially if I even can't find India on the map.

I give you one more example:

In my culture it's forbidden for any human to take another humans life, except in self-defense,

not in retaliation or revenge, not even if he takes life of someone close to you.

Then you have laws in many US countries where is legal death punishment/capital punishment.

Even if on every 100 people one is innocent is it, from human perspective, acceptable?

If I am criticizing your culture from horizon of my culture I do nothing more than judging your culture and all other cultures in general, to be really honest you need to look from neutral angle, which is for many people hard. They like the safety of their own views that aren't even theirs but were implanted by their parents, teachers, friends, society. Mainly people that first judge their own culture are being treated as outcast.

I have dog, German shepherd, I love my dog, and I am really sad when I see animals hurt and suffering, and I despise animal cruelty, but solution you are proposing or following is very cynical, as I said, that petition will not reach people it should reach, and that is THE big flaw in your solution.

Understanding the core of the problem and presenting genuine way of how to solve the problem, and not just saying stop eating dogs or give more rights to women or stop capital punishment - because it's never that simple, is the right way from my perspective.

Tip of the irony - PETA guy feeding his dogs with horse food.

Kill that disgusting useless horse that has no other raison d'etre but to be food of my cute doggy.

Meanwhile PETA guy is selflessly jerking polar bear because it's best and most natural way of creating offspring.

Meanwhile PETA guy decided it's important to help wounded lion but helping wounded giraffe is against nature and defected animals should be eaten.

Meanwhile

i-ate-a-guy-in-a-peta-shirt-yesterday-ne

Archived