StartIsBack 1.3.2

jalaffa

..explorer.exe on my Win8 Netbook crashes everytime I pin/unpin apps to my start menu when using the pre-cracked version....tried it with the original one, the crash doesn't occur..

Just tried that on the latest pre-cracked 1.32 - explorer.exe does not crash, here on Windows 8.

..thanks for the reply. At least I know that it only happens to me. :P I will just use the TR then.

• Replies 38
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..explorer.exe on my Win8 Netbook crashes everytime I pin/unpin apps to my start menu when using the pre-cracked version....tried it with the original one, the crash doesn't occur..

Just tried that on the latest pre-cracked 1.32 - explorer.exe does not crash, here on Windows 8.

..thanks for the reply. At least I know that it only happens to me. :P I will just use the TR then.

Must add that I've added it to the exclusion list of all my security systems, long ago - it's quite possible that in your case one of the modules of your security system might possibly be scanning it in real-time and causing the explorer.exe to crash. :think:

• Administrator

Confirmed. Explorer.exe crashed and restarted automatically (not the PC, the explorer).

• Administrator

@ all those who experienced a restart of explorer

Have you disabled UAC comprehensively?

yes or no.

Yes. All three methods. :P

I doubt we all would be using same protection / AV on or systems, so I rule that out too. ;)

OK, I noticed that restart of explorer on a slower core i3 - however, am not able to spot the same behavior on my faster core i7 when it happens (because the restart is occurring in a flash.)

No problemo with my legit SiB :dance:

Archived