StartIsBack 1.3.2

jalaffa

StartIsBack is a great way to relieve your (and your users) Windows 8 pain. StartIsBack returns Windows 8 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. StartIsBack radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free. StartIsBack is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure. Boot to desktop; Original fully-featured Windows 7 start menu; Desktop and Modern interfaces clearly separated; Make Start screen clutter-free; Totally native; Rich customization and configuration; And More to come! Think of it as a transition path which Microsoft should have made for Windows 8.

Download

• Replies 38
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tested Trial Reset with this new StartIsBack 1.3.2 and works !

Thanks again to @anuraag - good job !

I really hate this, bcz after use some programs, my start menu will be 1 meter long... :nono:

So i use start8.

It you mean on the first list that appears when you open start, then that depends on configuration. My Start Menu is still the same on Windows 7 after 2 years of use, and that's the start menu that this program puts on Windows 8, and I have a bunch of programs installed.

Cheers ;)

I tried that. To set to 10, and turn off show recently used programs,

but every used programs are appear in the list, too.

Too buggy for me, so prefer start8.

Cheers. :)

can someone post a link to download the trial reset? the link mentioned in the first post is not working for me...the download servers send a webpage everytime i try to download...

I tried that. To set to 10, and turn off show recently used programs,

but every used programs are appear in the list, too.

Too buggy for me, so prefer start8.

Cheers. :)

There is no option in StartIsBack to configure the number of recently used programs - what you have configured is Recent Items, which is different (Tihiy needs to change the name of that option.) :think:

..explorer.exe on my Win8 Netbook crashes everytime I pin/unpin apps to my start menu when using the pre-cracked version....tried it with the original one, the crash doesn't occur..

..explorer.exe on my Win8 Netbook crashes everytime I pin/unpin apps to my start menu when using the pre-cracked version....tried it with the original one, the crash doesn't occur..

Just tried that on the latest pre-cracked 1.32 - explorer.exe does not crash, here on Windows 8.

Archived