[Solved] Need help with data recovery from primary HDD

rudrax

Guys is there any way to recover data from a primary HDD without having OS installed in it..?

• Replies 70
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondershare LIveBoot could fit your need. :wub:

used once and successfully recovered my DATA-2

I need something that can be run from a USB flash drive..

Any BootCD can be made to similarly run from an USB.

Another option you could look at is; to remove your HDD from the laptop and hook it up to a different computer through an enclosure for the data restore.

Any BootCD can be made to similarly run from an USB.

Another option you could look at is; to remove your HDD from the laptop and hook it up to a different computer through an enclosure for the data restore.

I just got an old desktop PC, connected there my laptop's replaced HDD, ran HDD regenerator, found 2 bad sectors, repaired successfully.

Now, I have windows 7 FDD for formatting but that old PC has only 191 MB of RAM so didn't want to dream of installing windows 7 in there..then I managed a win XP old disc mounted in FDD, tried formatting with it, showed BOOTMGR missing :wtf: but I have heard that winXP uses NTLDR not BOOTMGR..I have updated my status expecting a donation of NTLDR (if that helps) :lol:

Now downloading the LiveUSB OpenBSD from speedy's link and waiting for the completion for 127 MB (The minimal version :lol:)

FDD = Floppy Disk Drive ?! There's no CD-ROM ?!

Flash Disk Drive

I have heard that winXP uses NTLDR not BOOTMGR..I have updated my status expecting a donation of NTLDR (if that helps)

XP Pro boot files donation:

Site: http://rghost.netCode: /42737445

Thanks man.. :)

I might have in my archive the (untouched) boot files for Windows XP Professional VLK:-

• x32-bit = SP3
  • x64-bit = SP2

Let me know if it matches your need.

I might have in my archive the (untouched) boot files for Windows XP Professional VLK:-
  • x32-bit = SP3
  • x64-bit = SP2

hell yes yes..gimme x32 ones..

Site: http://rghost.netCode: /42737445

When extracted, the ZIP archive gives only an empty folder containing nothing :(

Boot files are hidden - you need to enable "Show hidden files."

Oh yeah..they are also protected as Protected Op-sys too..gotta uncheck that one too..

Got error with those files:

file: BOOT/BCD

0xc000000f

• x32-bit = SP3
  • x64-bit = SP2

hell yes yes..gimme x32 ones..

http://www.mediafire.com/?ds3m1cbcuctagoo

Thank you but no thank you :P

Same error as post #18

May be (definitely) something is wrong with the old CD I have :lol:

if you want to fix the missing NTLDR, there's a menu in Hirens Boot CD specially to fix that problem. do you have one? actually I have windows XP SP3 too but I don't know where I can get that file.

if you want to fix the missing NTLDR, there's a menu in Hirens Boot CD specially to fix that problem. do you have one? actually I have windows XP SP3 too but I don't know where I can get that file.

No problem mate..I really appreciate your intention to help..I'm downloading LiveUSB OpenBSD..let's see what it does :rolleyes:

No problem mate..I really appreciate your intention to help..I'm downloading LiveUSB OpenBSD..let's see what it does :rolleyes:

well I just want to recommend you to have it if you don't have one yet. btw, it can make it running bootable from Flash Drive too. okay bro :)

well I just want to recommend you to have it if you don't have one yet. btw, it can make it running bootable from Flash Drive too. okay bro :)

What's its size?

What's its size?

well the last version, it's about 500MB.. :)

Archived