StartIsBack 1.2.1

jalaffa

Fine release by CRD

start menu not blank after 30 days.

Unlike other releases CRD has only patched .dll files.

• Replies 33
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I went crack then went legit even going back crack doesn't help.

The stupid thing StartIsBack64.dll located in AppData/Local was stuck in. ReInstalling Uninstalling etc for single user or all users is still samething. Removing with Unlocker just kills whole explorer. Even Safe Mode crash due to explorer trying to load this StartIsBack64.dll file. No way out unless you put the StartIsBack64.dll file back where it initially installed in. I decided to just simply delete my local account after backup most of the data and move everything to new user account.

you need just backup and delete this keys and after restarting explorer dll's will not be loaded

if you wanna start again just apply them again to registry and restart explorer.

however probably too late now

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ab0b37ec-56f6-4a0e-a8fd-7a8bf7c2da96}][-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ab0b37ec-56f6-4a0e-a8fd-7a8bf7c2da97}][-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{c71c41f1-ddad-42dc-a8fc-f5bfc61df957}][-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{c71c41f1-ddad-42dc-a8fc-f5bfc61df958}]

for CRD release, heh, as i thought

http://www.nsaneforu...11/page__st__60

CRD has only patched dll files which is necessary to make it fully working. I have tested by forwarding time and deleting, changing StartPage3 key. Its working fine.

yes using the crd found it on wbb wanted to share it here but you guys are so fast :P crd one works fine lord spectre was skipping reply about his precracked on wbb guess he knew it doesnt work fine

Well I went crack then went legit even going back crack doesn't help.

The stupid thing StartIsBack64.dll located in AppData/Local was stuck in. ReInstalling Uninstalling etc for single user or all users is still samething. Removing with Unlocker just kills whole explorer. Even Safe Mode crash due to explorer trying to load this StartIsBack64.dll file. No way out unless you put the StartIsBack64.dll file back where it initially installed in. I decided to just simply delete my local account after backup most of the data and move everything to new user account.

you need just backup and delete this keys and after restarting explorer dll's will not be loaded

if you wanna start again just apply them again to registry and restart explorer.

however probably too late now

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ab0b37ec-56f6-4a0e-a8fd-7a8bf7c2da96}][-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{ab0b37ec-56f6-4a0e-a8fd-7a8bf7c2da97}][-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{c71c41f1-ddad-42dc-a8fc-f5bfc61df957}][-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{c71c41f1-ddad-42dc-a8fc-f5bfc61df958}]

http://www.nsaneforu...11/page__st__60

To be honest with you I forgot about looking for it in registry. But then again I usually avoid touching registry if I can help it. I will definitely keep this in mind when I try it again in distant future when I felt its stable. At moment I am using Start8.

Stupid question, when you say deleting keys. Do you mean the whole folder say {ab0b37ec-56f6-4a0e-a8fd-7a8bf7c2da96}

or just what is inside {ab0b37ec-56f6-4a0e-a8fd-7a8bf7c2da96}

Slightly OT question anyone noticed in StartIsBack faq

How my computer is identified?

Your computer is uniquely identified by motherboard unique number and hard disk physical serial number OS is installed to.

I know crack users won't be affected but for legit users I still don't like having anything being identified. Anyway we can hide/change this info from any Machine ID activations?

yes, that "folder" in left pane in registry is the "Registry Key", in right pane we have several types of "Values" which belongs to the "Key" and "Data" which belongs to the "Value"

and delete keys means delete value also

if we delete this keys that will not affect system, you can't do nothing wrong deleting this keys, just Explorer will not load StartIsBack dll's (StartIsBack32.dll on 32-bit system or StartIsBack64.dll on 64-bit system)

• 2 weeks later...

StartIsBack 1.3
http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBack_setup.exe

Version 1.3
26 Dec 2012
Fix: MFU app list could contain duplicate item
Fix: Start orb could be moved by rogue programs
Fix: license activation for all users could fail on some systems
Fix: shortcuts created by Windows Installer didn't show 'Pin to Start Menu'
Hot corners are enabled for Modern apps only for monitor where they're open on
Newly installed programs are properly highlighted
Right-to-left Windows languages are now supported