Which version of Eset Antivirus/Smart Security do you use and why?

Ponting

70 members have voted

1. 1. What version do you use?Why do you prefer?

• Version 4
    • Version 5
    • Version 6
    • Others (mention what you use)

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone use version 4 of Eset antivirus instead of version 5 or maybe 6 rc?Why do you prefer version 4 over other versions?Do you use HIPS in version 5 or 6?What mode of HIPS do you use?Is version 5 as light and bug free as version 4 ?

eset vs. bitdefender , who's the winner ?

i use bitdefender right now.

I personally believe Eset v4 was more stable and reliable and performance and detection was much better than v5. I used version 4 for quite long time, I never had any problems apart from having small number of pop ups.

Whereas, v5 was bit unstable and bit high on ram and detection rate went down significantly. And most importantly, HIPS is way of the line in even detecting anything.

I used Eset 4 then Eset 5. But 2 months ago I've changed to use Kaspersky AV instead because it can handle and protect virus from usb better.

I already tested it's really good but i have to monthly suffer with license key.

• Administrator

I've had huge CPU spikes in ESET 5. Later, about a month after I stopped using it for the aforementioned spike, I felt that it was because I had kept ESET HIPS at fully Automatic. Since then I'm testing other AVs, planning to return back to ESET when the v6 final releases.

I've had huge CPU spikes in ESET 5. Later, about a month after I stopped using it for the aforementioned spike, I felt that it was because I had kept ESET HIPS at fully Automatic. Since then I'm testing other AVs, planning to return back to ESET when the v6 final releases.

I am with you there, I also had significant problems with v5 especially with HIPS module. And also I think since the version 5 came out the detection rate went down. It is not the same with Eset anymore. I really liked Eset (huge fan) but I had to move to other AV, now I am with Webroot.

1) ESET 6 final-vers. will be released 15.01.2013

2) I`m not using now ESET on my PC , but when I have to repair a low-end PC , I return it to the owner with ESET 6

3) The final vers.6 will have a much better firewall ( ~ 30-40% better) than vers.5

4) If ESET will manage to make HIPS usable in their products -> we will have an almost perfect AV

ESS v3 because it was installed in a snaphot of rollback rx` to which i reverted my system to a couple of weeks ago...

1) ESET 6 final-vers. will be released 15.01.2013

2) I`m not using now ESET on my PC , but when I have to repair a low-end PC , I return it to the owner with ESET 6

3) The final vers.6 will have a much better firewall ( ~ 30-40% better) than vers.5

4) If ESET will manage to make HIPS usable in their products -> we will have an almost perfect AV

Agreed, Eset really need to work on their HIPS module. Right now, it is quite unstable and cause system failure in mine if it is manual mode, and automatic mode is completely useless. I also believe they need little bit more work on their firewall, since it just sits there and do nothing.

I hope, v6 have much overall huge improvement, given customers more protection and reliability and also lower down the ram usage.

Eset AV v5 because my ISP give me the key to register it.

It must be the one and only "legal" software I own and it's not pirated :D

Do older versions work on Windows 7? I know I was using version 4.0.314 for quite sometime. Are there people using version 2?

Do older versions work on Windows 7? I know I was using version 4.0.314 for quite sometime. Are there people using version 2?

I really don`t believe that vers.2 can handle the 2012 malware -> I explain myself : a few months ago I changed ESET AV in a PC from vers.2 to vers.5 - and surprise ? (or no ?!?) version 5 found some threats that vers.2 missed ... (q.e.d.)

I really don`t believe that vers.2 can handle the 2012 malware -> I explain myself : a few months ago I changed ESET AV in a PC from vers.2 to vers.5 - and surprise ? (or no ?!?) version 5 found some threats that vers.2 missed ... (q.e.d.)

I thought that the version of the software didn't matter; I thought it had to do with the virus sigature database version.

when it comes to performance = eset

when it comes to false positive detection = bitdefender HAHAHAHA

What about false positive of Ikarus, Avira.

Hi All,

I am trying to install MiNodLogin but it asks for a password during installation, does anyone know the password for MiNodLogin 3.10.0.1 and also is it working to install new Eset passwords.

Thanks

Hi All,

I am trying to install MiNodLogin but it asks for a password during installation, does anyone know the password for MiNodLogin 3.10.0.1 and also is it working to install new Eset passwords.

Thanks

Check out Eset General Discussion. I am sure you will solution to your question or an alternative..

What about false positive of Ikarus, Avira.

well ikarus and avira is the top rated false positive provider haha

false positive top rated

1. ikarus

2. sophos

3. norton

4. bitdefender

Hi All,

Thanks

Check out Eset General Discussion. I am sure you will solution to your question or an alternative..

You need not have bothered to respond to my request, it is like me saying to your request to google for it.

Archived