Java Runtime Environment 7 Update 9

jalaffa

there are still some programs that require it to be installed. one of the custom programs i use for work won't work without java (but i have disconnected java from all of my browsers). also, java is required for tinkering with android phones

• Replies 39
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A simple question : why do you still use Java Runtime Environment ?

A month a go I uninstalled it from my computers and didn`t notice any problem ... or any need of java

I need it becauase my bank uses it.

i uninstalled jre 7u7 due to security issues

but had to reinstall it coz google chrome stopped translating pages

In fact, I download and then install both the architecture of JRE (x32-bit and x64-bit, as well.)

• Administrator

A month a go I uninstalled it from my computers and didn`t notice any problem ... or any need of java

Lots of sites use java. Bank sites in particular, a singular example would be pingtest.net. Hence, I install it and disable it.

On a side note, I'll disable that Google Update plugin, always looks shady to me, also, MS Office 2010 is far more better than 2007. :)

In fact, I download and then install both the architecture of JRE (x32-bit and x64-bit, as well.)

you only need x64 java if you're using an x64 browser on an x64 OS like waterfox and i think now opera has also released an x64 version. otherwise, x86 browsers like FF / Chrome *release* versions won't take advantage of x64 java

On a side note, I'll disable that Google Update plugin, always looks shady to me, also, MS Office 2010 is far more better than 2007. :)

i usually disable that google update plugin as well. i've never understood the point of having an updater extension for firefox when chrome has a perfectly functioning builtin autoupdate mechanism

you only need x64 java if you're using an x64 browser on an x64 OS like waterfox and i think now opera has also released an x64 version. otherwise, x86 browsers like FF / Chrome *release* versions won't take advantage of x64 java
I'm using both (32-bit and 64-bit) browsers. ;)

anyways, everybody knows the oracle people can't program worth shit given the numbers of bugs/issues/vulnerabilities. what everyone doesn't know is that they can't count worth shit either. apparently the update that went missing between 7 and 9, yes that would be 8 is going to be released after update 9 as update 10! go figure :D

Posted Image

source: http://jdk7.java.net/download.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived