Java Runtime Environment 7 Update 9

jalaffa

The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) provides the libraries, the Java Virtual Machine, and other components to run applets and applications written in the Java programming language. In addition, two key deployment technologies are part of the JRE: Java Plug-in, which enables applets to run in popular browsers; and Java Web Start, which deploys standalone applications over a network. Users should install the 32-bit version if they are using 32-bit browsers. If you use both 32-bit and 64-bit browser interchangeably, you need a Java Plug-in for each browser. Hence you will need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit Java respectively.

Download

• Replies 39
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks lot jalaffa for da a update

Thanks for the update! :) Why did they skip version 8? :huh:

Have no clue as to why.

While at it: Java wrote

We highly recommend users uninstall all older versions of Java from your system.

We highly recommend users uninstall all older versions of Java from your system.

thats usefull as i have been using update 7 (inspite of the security issue :unsure:)

thanks

6 was also updated to Update 37, so I believe that they mean remove all old versions of the version you are using. I have to stick with 6 because of incompatabilities with ZoneAlarm.

• Administrator

Is anyone using Firefox getting their Java (in plugins tab) disabled on each Firefox restart?

Is anyone using Firefox getting their Java (in plugins tab) disabled on each Firefox restart?

i am using firefox 16.0.1 with jre 7u7 on windows 7 x64 didnt encountered any problem

hope this is free from bugs :)

Hoping that a software is bug-free is like hoping that you won't die, eventually there still will be some bug :P. No software is bug-free, EVER. (Sorry for Capsing it...)

i am using firefox 16.0.1 with jre 7u7 on windows 7 x64 didnt encountered any problem

Same here. No problems what-so-ever with Firefox. Have Firefox 16.0.1 installed. Uninstalled 32- and 64-bit Java 7 Update 7 from my system before installing Java 7 Update 9. Did you uninstall previous Java first and then installed new version? I don't doubt you did, knowing how techie you are. :P

Hoping that a software is bug-free is like hoping that you won't die, eventually there still will be some bug :P. No software is bug-free, EVER. (Sorry for Capsing it...)

by bug i meant the security issue that arise in update 7, i was hoping that it might be fixed

• Administrator

Same here. No problems what-so-ever with Firefox. Have Firefox 16.0.1 installed. Uninstalled 32- and 64-bit Java 7 Update 7 from my system before installing Java 7 Update 9. Did you uninstall previous Java first and then installed new version? I don't doubt you did, knowing how techie you are. :P

Oddly. The issue is somehow automatically fixed now. Lets see if I encounter it again (for me disabling Java whenever not required).

by bug i meant the security issue that arise in update 7, i was hoping that it might be fixed

My bad. Really uncool of me to underestimate you like that subconsiously, -manu. :sorry: Didn't even look it was you... Didn't know of that bug. Hope it is fixed too :)

EDIT: What was the bug again?

Whatever happened to update 8 - are Developers skipping the ominous 8 after the great Windows 8 debacle? <_<

what debacle? in a couple of weeks, microsoft will announce having sold 100 million copies of the "greatest operating system ever created" :D

EDIT: What was the bug again?

in jre 7u7 a security hole allows unauthorised access to your system by other user

thet fixed it but few days later again a security issue arised

:cheers:

Try JavaRa :

Update the Java JRE at the click of a button. JavaRa is a simple tool that does a simple job: it removes old and redundant versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

Thank you for the update ! :)

A simple question : why do you still use Java Runtime Environment ?

A month a go I uninstalled it from my computers and didn`t notice any problem ... or any need of java

Posted Image

Archived