nsane.down and nsane.forums: speed

shought

nsane.down and nsane.forums: speed  

64 members have voted

1. 1. After the recent downtime, are nsane.down and nsane.forums faster or slower?

• Slower
    • The same
    • Faster
  2. 2. Compared to the average website you visit, is nsane.down faster or slower?

• Slower
    • The same
    • Faster
  3. 3. Compared to the average website you visit, is nsane.forums faster or slower?

• Slower
    • The same
    • Faster

Following the recent downtime there have been quite a few changes related to our hosting solutions and I'd like to know how these changes affect the user experience.

Please only take into account the dates from 01-10-2012 onward in answering the above questions.

Also note that this is not about the speediness of updates, but about the time it takes for the pages to load, posts to be made, etc.

• Replies 30
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Faster than before.

But sometimes i can only use SSH to visit, that's strange, cos not be blocked by GFW.

:cheers:

I really did not pay attention to the speed but it does seem faster at both. Also when transferring to a download it is definitely faster and more consistent.

Good work, loved it before even love it more now!!!!!!

Nsanedown and nsaneforums has the most nsane fastest update on the other average site i've ever seen :showoff:

Good to hear it's the same or faster for most. Some have indicated slower, if you really perceive some things to be considerably slower (do note: only take into account your visits from 01-10-2012 onward), please let me know (either in this thread or by PM).

Because we're using a CDN now I can't really rely on my own perception of how fast things are anymore, because where you are located in the world makes quite a difference.

Faster than before.

But sometimes i can only use SSH to visit, that's strange, cos not be blocked by GFW.

I suppose you're joking, right? :P (About the SSH.)

Good to hear it's the same or faster for most. Some have indicated slower, if you really perceive some things to be considerably slower (do note: only take into account your visits from 01-10-2012 onward), please let me know (either in this thread or by PM).

Because we're using a CDN now I can't really rely on my own perception of how fast things are anymore, because where you are located in the world makes quite a difference.

Faster than before.

I suppose you're joking, right? :P (About the SSH.)

Nop, sometimes i just can't visit directly, have to use ssh, that's so strange.

:huh:

I don't feel any difference :( Maybe it's my ISP related rather than nsane website performance. But hey, it's very nice to have CloudFlare as nsane backup system!

nsane .down and nsane.forums is always faster but now nsane is better than previous downtime :wub: :D

fast..fast loading this site than before even my isp reduce my quota bandwidth :dance2:

thanks in advance :thumbsup:

nsane .down and nsane.forums is faster working great

House_maniac

cloudflare is good but yes posting sometime is buggy also you will see sometime the buttons where you post take some times to load its because cloudflare caches everything also from what i remember cloudflare has some setting in its cp which boosts site even faster by using different percentage or methods of cache! correct me if im wrong i've used it several months ago!but so far its good and faster :)

• Administrator

Unique Users in the Past Day

:huh:

Where did everybody go ?!

The count resets when we restart some stuff on the server. That mostly happens when shought is optimizing/fixing stuff.

So far, so good! Runs a little faster than before. But this doesn't stop you from further improvements, right? Keep up the good work.

Everything seems to be the same to me.

That's great to hear as well, as long as it's not slower it means we gained security without compromising on speed, which would be nice.

If, for some, we managed to gain security whilst at the same time improving speed, this is even better :)

So far, so good! Runs a little faster than before. But this doesn't stop you from further improvements, right? Keep up the good work.

Of course not, we're always on the lookout to improve things ;)

Doesn't that also depend on the connection of your ISP speed anyway? I don't really think you can base it on what people say...

Doesn't that also depend on the connection of your ISP speed anyway? I don't really think you can base it on what people say...

There are a lot of factors that come into play.

But most of these factors will not have changed since we moved to a CDN network and installed new servers, so we can compare the situation before and after.

We can also compare our current performance to the average of the web (as perceived by our users), because the aforementioned factors will influence the average website as well as our website.

Hence there's no need to take these factors into account.

It's really mostly about 'perception' which is a subjective term any way you put it, but it is something we are interested in nevertheless (as in the end, perception is all that matters).

There are a lot of factors that come into play.

But most of these factors will not have changed since we moved to a CDN network and installed new servers, so we can compare the situation before and after.

We can also compare our current performance to the average of the web (as perceived by our users), because the aforementioned factors will influence the average website as well as our website.

Hence there's no need to take these factors into account.

It's really mostly about 'perception' which is a subjective term any way you put it, but it is something we are interested in nevertheless (as in the end, perception is all that matters).

So it's also based on the server speed of the site?

@Shought so I take it that that's the reason why browsing isn't much faster between something like 2mg and 10? Cos the speed of the server gets split up between everyone browsing the site? And it depends on the capacity of your server? Sorry for being n00by LOL but I'm just guessing facts... Am I right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived