[SOLVED] Runtime error (Microsoft Visual C++)

shought

Hmmm. No MS Visual C++ (no app/dev for me). Avira, ZA. nVidia or ATI? Me? nVidia with latest retail drivers off their website. I am still laying odds it is a Cacheman or eBooster issue. I am going to do a full restore omy initial settings with Cacheman to see if that helps.

NVIDIA here too, but that shouldn't be the problem. eBoostr did cause my problem with chkdsk, but it's hard to believe it's now causing UD to malfunction without it even 'doing' anything.

Someone should be able to tell us more about that error... I'm thinking of sending the guys over at UD an email, since it happens without the cracked version as well. (No, I won't give them a link to this thread ;))

• Replies 37
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you running Folder Lock, by any chance - I had a similar issue due to it.

In this case, I think Folder Lock is not the issue. I am using Folder Lock and using Ultimate Defrag together.

Boot time defrag runs great, and the rest is normal. No problem encountered.

Are you running Folder Lock, by any chance - I had a similar issue due to it.
Could it be Vista Transformation Pack? It changes your system files! (if you use it).

Not using Folder Lock and/or VTP(anymore).

I can also ensure you it's not a problem with the settings file, because I tried with my old settings, without any settings file and with the default settings file present. None worked.

This error only occurs when I first analyze and then try to open the Options, might be important, if I try to access the options before I analyzed it does work, but without the Boot Time module, because you need to analyze before that'll work. So my best guess is that there's some problem with the Boot Time module.

So far for the 'I guess' part. I'm 100% now, I tried to open the options whilst analyzing, no problem, I can wait for it to finish, switch tabs, but when I click the Boot Time tab it will give me the error again.

Now going to try the stuff with the services, didn't have time earlier.

Most likely software conflict, the problem is figuring out which.... ;) :mellow:

I only use the boot time module after the normal defrag configure with you previous tutorial. And it runs great.

And finally run the normal defrag again.

Mwuahahaha, me somehow solved it, but fucked up another thing :rolleyes:

The problem is that we both(I think) haven't got any pagefile, if you don't, UD will fail to enter this value into the Boot Time module configuration and therefore give an error. Now I made a pagefile of 256 MB and it does work, but now the normal defrag fails to work lol.

Whoops, correct that, again, it does work now <_< Hope this helps you guys out, if not I'll sure stick around to help you solve the problem.

Note: If you don't have hibefil.sys(for hibernation) it might give the same error.

w00ts!!!!

That must be such a great relief for you - all of us here would be glad you managed in the end.

ps:- Perhaps you could add this hint to your UltimateDefrag tutorial.

w00ts!!!!

That must be such a great relief for you - all of us here would be glad you managed in the end.

ps:- Perhaps you could add this hint to your UltimateDefrag tutorial.

Uhuh, going to write some additional information for the Boot Time defrag, but first I have to play around with it and fuck up some times :rolleyes: So don't expect it any time this week(yes, know it's already Sunday, but just gimme 7 days <_<).

Thanks for the help. Just a matter of ruling things out...

That's what it always is. Never failed me :rolleyes:

That's the thing I like about computers, you can just play around, change stuff, screw things up, but there's always(well, usually) a way to fix it <_<

Mwuahahaha, me somehow solved it, but fucked up another thing :cheers:

The problem is that we both(I think) haven't got any pagefile, if you don't, UD will fail to enter this value into the Boot Time module configuration and therefore give an error. Now I made a pagefile of 256 MB and it does work, but now the normal defrag fails to work lol.

Whoops, correct that, again, it does work now :cheers: Hope this helps you guys out, if not I'll sure stick around to help you solve the problem.

Note: If you don't have hibefil.sys(for hibernation) it might give the same error.

Gracias, that must be gratifying - you'll have a great sleep tonight.

I hope I will, cause atm I'm having a headache, again.

I did a Boot Time defrag a couple of hours ago and it was everything I wished for. You can select where you want the stuff to show up, just perfect. I'll start writing the update for my guide Tuesday, I guess.

Archived