[SOLVED] Runtime error (Microsoft Visual C++)

shought

Click here for the runtime error message post.

-----Stuff below has been fixed-----

Since I've been spamming three threads about this I thought it'd be a great idea to make my own, to spam even more :)

I've got a problem(no kidding, but what you guys are thinking of is my mental illness and it's rude to mess with me because of that! :rolleyes: ). When I run UD it tells me there are some corrupted files on my drive and I need to check it, I, as obedient as I am, schedule chkdsk to run at next boot and immediately restart my PC. When it starts running it tells me a nice story about my HD and stuff, not really helping much, but it is filling up the screen(the guys over at MS like this kind of bs), then it tells me 'Cannot open volume for direct access'. My response(using the keyboard) was: Use a hammer, but of course it ignored my reply and went on doing it's own thing: nothing.

I already searched some places, but my search turned up with, well, about nothing.

I'm going to try the Recovery Console shit now, hoping that is gonna work...

• Replies 37
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nother problem, might not be related: My CDROM drive seems to be funky...

Check this out:

2f03qwx.png

You can see the tiny slider in the scroll bar right, imagine half the entries in this journal being this same error... That'd be madness, right, wrong, it's the truth...

The error code when I select Details is 'Bad block in device cdrom'

I've been in many places, done things, saw stuff, hasn't helped :rolleyes: (FYI: I already read through the first 20 pages Google came up with... :))

try a registry repair tool then

Hasn't done any good either...

ps for now I've dismantled my CD drive...

just disable the damn cd-rom drive then

Dismantled from MoBo :rolleyes:

Running chkdsk now, my best guess it that eBoostr was fucking up, because I used my RAM as cache for eBoostr and it messed up somehow. We'll see what happens when it finishes.

Clean the CD-ROM lense (but you have to open it... might void your warranty).

I used to clean others' CD/DVD-ROM lenses (and before you ask, yes, I inquire if they're willing to since it might void their warranty), aside from performing maintenance on their PC.

When the lense gets dirty, it reports a CD (in good working condition) as bad.

Edit:

Aside from the lense, check the cables (might be loose).

I see, well, if that's gonna void my warranty I'd better use my warranty to just get a new drive... I guess :rolleyes:

and you didn't do that from the start because?

and you didn't do that from the start because?

Why would I, the drive never malfunctioned... It's just that I see those(thousands, millions, who knows) errors popping up now lol!

Ok, fixed my corrupted files shit, now UD is acting up, first going to investigate myself :rolleyes:

Ok, what's new:

- Fixed all corrupted files shit(first time didn't do the whole trick).

- Analyzed my HD and so it seems it needed a defrag job.

- Clicked Tools > Options: RUNTIME ERROR

Screenshot of error:

ouv0n7.png

What now guys, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable are installed on my machine, still no luck.

go to a pc repair shop?

if it's still in warranty, then it should be np

also gratz on winning the x2 post of the week

:rolleyes:

go to a pc repair shop?

if it's still in warranty, then it should be np

also gratz on winning the x2 post of the week

:)

Nah, I'm going to ask for a replacement, don't want to have it repaired :rolleyes:

Upgrading is good. Sometimes it is a hardware problem. I am going to upgrade mine to a Quad Core soon! ;)

Upgrading is good. Sometimes it is a hardware problem. I am going to upgrade mine to a Quad Core soon! ;)

Nice!!! :P

Very rich person in teh house!!!

The error message(again):

ouv0n7.png

The file UDefrag.rpt is created after every occurrence of this error. It shows this:

7-12-2008 1:38:16 version 2.0.0.53

Exception code: E06D7363

Fault address: 7C812AEB 01:00011AEB C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll

Registers:

EAX:00CCD5A4

EBX:000D0790

ECX:00000000

EDX:00000000

ESI:00CCD634

EDI:00CCD634

CS:EIP:001B:7C812AEB

SS:ESP:0023:00CCD5A0 EBP:00CCD5F4

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00000206

Call stack:

Address Frame Logical addr Module

7C812AEB 00CCD5F4 0001:00011AEB C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll

004AA018 00CCD634 0001:000A9018 C:\Program Files\DiskTrix\UltimateDefrag2008\UDefrag.exe

004BDBEB 00CCD684 0001:000BCBEB C:\Program Files\DiskTrix\UltimateDefrag2008\UDefrag.exe

Does anyone have a clue?

Try uninstalling, then run a registry cleaner.

Then finally reinstall.

It's the same with my game.

Don't know why it happens though 50d72d2aa2c57b5e4ceb22c85044bc06.gif

The error message(again):

ouv0n7.png

The file UDefrag.rpt is created after every occurrence of this error. It shows this:

7-12-2008 1:38:16 version 2.0.0.53

Exception code: E06D7363

Fault address: 7C812AEB 01:00011AEB C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll

Registers:

EAX:00CCD5A4

EBX:000D0790

ECX:00000000

EDX:00000000

ESI:00CCD634

EDI:00CCD634

CS:EIP:001B:7C812AEB

SS:ESP:0023:00CCD5A0 EBP:00CCD5F4

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00000206

Call stack:

Address Frame Logical addr Module

7C812AEB 00CCD5F4 0001:00011AEB C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll

004AA018 00CCD634 0001:000A9018 C:\Program Files\DiskTrix\UltimateDefrag2008\UDefrag.exe

004BDBEB 00CCD684 0001:000BCBEB C:\Program Files\DiskTrix\UltimateDefrag2008\UDefrag.exe

Does anyone have a clue?

Just to confirm...same runtime error for me. I have not checked the rpt yet.

Looking for commonalities here... Do you disable services in Windows? Do you run any extras like cacheman etc? What AV, firewall etc?

Nice!!! :tooth:

Very rich person in teh house!!!

No, no, no, not rich. With the world economic downturn, it is now very cheap! :P

What better time to upgrade!

and @gest

shought is an expert, so disabling or enabling services is not the issue to him.

Hey shought,

Please solve your problem soon, need you to come out a new tutorial for the new Ultimate Defrag (if there is any!). ;) lol

Looking for commonalities here... Do you disable services in Windows? Do you run any extras like cacheman etc? What AV, firewall etc?

Yes, I have some services disabled, but only the ones I was perfectly sure of I didn't need. I'll go through the list again and see what happens if I turn them ALL on :mellow: Nope, not running Cacheman, but am using eBoostr(which caused chkdsk to malfunction). I'm now still 'using' it, but nothing is selected as cache memory, so in theory it doesn't do anything(will try to disable that service).

My AV is NOD32, my firewall COMODO and I've got Microsoft Visual C++ 2005/2008/2008 SP1(all Redistributable).

and @gest

shought is an expert, so disabling or enabling services is not the issue to him.

Thanks ;) But not an expert, still a home user :P

Yes, I have some services disabled, but only the ones I was perfectly sure of I didn't need. I'll go through the list again and see what happens if I turn them ALL on :mellow: Nope, not running Cacheman, but am using eBoostr(which caused chkdsk to malfunction). I'm now still 'using' it, but nothing is selected as cache memory, so in theory it doesn't do anything(will try to disable that service).

My AV is NOD32, my firewall COMODO and I've got Microsoft Visual C++ 2005/2008/2008 SP1(all Redistributable).

and @gest

Thanks ;) But not an expert, still a home user :P

Hmmm. No MS Visual C++ (no app/dev for me). Avira, ZA. nVidia or ATI? Me? nVidia with latest retail drivers off their website. I am still laying odds it is a Cacheman or eBooster issue. I am going to do a full restore omy initial settings with Cacheman to see if that helps.

Archived