Apple Iphone 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2

rancid

Apple Iphone 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Apple Iphone 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• Apple Iphone 5
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 2

When i saw wha'ts coming with iphone 5, i bought a galaxy s2 ;) Specs are between iphone4S and iphone5 but for half price of iphone5. And they have approximately the same size. I'm very very happy with galaxy S2.

And i don't want to be part of "apple noobs" I really hate their state of mind. They know nothing about electronic devices but they always tell you what is good and what is bad.

only itunes should keep you away from any apple device !!!

• Replies 30
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

only itunes should keep you away from any apple device !!!

Words of wisdom. ^^

Also, S2 is nice indeed. :)

I have S2 (Cyan 9 + Dorimanx kernel) and don't even think about change on the new one. BUT my next smartphone won't be a Samsung beacuse of Exynos (lack of documentation, closed platform really sucks). Maybe new Nexus or Sony Xperia (T looks great).

• Administrator

I have S2 (Cyan 9 + Dorimanx kernel) and don't even think about change on the new one. BUT my next smartphone won't be a Samsung beacuse of Exynos (lack of documentation, closed platform really sucks). Maybe new Nexus or Sony Xperia (T looks great).

Try CMOD 10 if you want Jelly Bean. Also, Jelly Bean is coming soon officially on S II (about November). JB is recommended over ICS.

You can have a look at HTC One if you want.

Yeah, I know about CM 10 on JB, but it's really pain in the ass with developing it beacuse of... exynos with no documentation. Project Butter doesn't work beacuse of that so for what I should switch from CM 9? New taskbar menu? Codeworkx (lead team hacksung dev) is so pissed of it that he just selled his SGS III and bought Xperia T. He will also leave SGS II. Lastly they are fighting months (sic!) with one very nasty bug with mem leak. Simple that's it - no big development, just more hacking exynos system. Sucks. I'm waiting with flashing CM 10 after Samsung realease official JB with sources which it'll propably bring some tiny help to the CM project...

• 1 month later...

Ok, time for some feedback on my post above.

After using the S3 as my main phone for nearly 3 months i've had to get rid of it :nono:

Here's a list of reasons why:

1) I find it too slow. I know it gets all kinds of great benchmark scores, but these mean nothing in terms of real world usage.

2) Android flexible? I think not, at least not without rooting it - from all the hype about customisability I expect to do things like remove stock apps without rooting it. The keyboard choices were nice, but apart from that the only thing I can see to customise is a load of childish, badly coded widgets.

3) Pentile display - bugs me hows grainy it looks.

4) Feels too fragile, and I don't like cases. I like to get my hands dirty without worrying about the phone in my pocket.

5) Battery - get about 14 hours with normal usage.

6) Sound quality - it's just not good.

7) S-Voice - wow, what a usless pile :shit: google now was better, but you cannot replace S-Voice without rooting.

8.) Scrolling physics - I tried every browser going, but couldn't find one that actually scrolled at a rate that felt right. The closest was opera, but that seemed faked as the scoll would sort of force itself to speed up at the end of travel.

Think that's it for now :)

Archived