71 members have voted

1. 1. Apple Iphone 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• Apple Iphone 5
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• Replies 30
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without a second thought, iPhone 5. The whole 'phablet' concept is ridiculous. If you want a decent Android phone you purchase the Samsung Galaxy S3 and be done with it.

• Administrator

Honestly, iPhone is over-hyped. I'll never, ever recommend.

I've read reviews from people I know, they just love Galaxy Note. All of them say one thing, being big is not a disadvantage as many say, it's actually very good.

Galaxy S III > Galaxy Note 2 > Nokia 3310 > iPhone.

Unless the iPhone 5 comes out with > 5" screen then they not aimed at the same market, so any comparison is pointless.

Also don't trust DKT27 on these things - he lets personal apple prejudices get in the way too much :P :D

Honestly, iPhone is over-hyped. I'll never, ever recommend.

I've read reviews from people I know, they just love Galaxy Note. All of them say one thing, being big is not a disadvantage as many say, it's actually very good.

Galaxy S III > Galaxy Note 2 > Nokia 3310 > iPhone.

Where did Nokia 3310 come from in smartphone comparison :P

Also don't trust DKT27 on these things - he lets personal apple prejudices get in the way too much :P :D

LOL! True :P

• Administrator

You go through 500 Apple articles and fanboyism everyday and you'll become like me too. Out of all of them, 50% are fake rumours and 50% of them bought by Apple. Most of the (famous) people writing good about Apple products are either Apple fanboys or people being paid by Apple (sites like cnet.com and PCWorld are famous for that).

Why would I recommend a product that goes for a total walled garden approach, the company that "buys" generic patents and then sues other companies for rectangle shaped phone (that's right, Apple sued Samsung for making a ractangled shaped phone/tablet which was black in colour) which ultimately kills competition and invention?

iPhone doesn't have it's own manufacturing, it doesn't have it's own chips, screen, memory, etc. And it still sues everyone saying that everything belongs to them?

I'm not shooting air either. Most of my friends and family members, who have bought iPhone have sold it back in a month. All of them disappointed with it as it doesn't reached the level of goodness that's being hyped.

@Tweety: Just joking. However, one, no one said it was smartphone only discussion and 3310 is still the the most powerful (in sturdyness) phone ever made. :P

All that aside, I looked at the specifications (with Note 2 and iPhone 5 specs still being rumoured) and I feel both Galaxy III and Note 2 beats iPhone 5 in specs.

All that aside, I looked at the specifications (with Note 2 and iPhone 5 specs still being rumoured) and I feel both Galaxy III and Note 2 beats iPhone 5 in specs.

Agreed, that Samsung Galaxy III has beaten the market of smart phones because of especially specification. However, Samsung Galaxy III is hard to carry in the pockets and also according to most reviewers especially Cnet acknowledge that Samsung Galaxy III is quit over the price limit especially in UK it nearly cost £500 on pay as you go and pay monthly is massive amount unless you have good bank balance. Whereas, IPhone 5 will have hard market to compete since Samsung is already quickly coming up with new ideas of making smart phones more smarter.

Nokia as many will be aware of, really struggling in world smart phones and recently the company made huge losses which cost them significant profit drop. But Nokia is different story just like Sony.

Nonetheless, Samsung and Apple is still at the battle in the court which make the situation more significant for them handle. No doubt, Samsung and Iphone is best smart phones available in the market right now world wide. And these companies are trying to make smart phone more significant in the eyes of people, that people now are backing of from computer (laptops and desktop), since recent months couple of the companies saw the significant drop in the buying power of computer. And also since Windows 8 and few other life making easy specification is coming out in tablets and touch note pad, will make market more demanding. Old days, of taping and clicking mouse in process of reduction but will take time due to adaption of old things.

Personally, somethings should be left as OLD, really like the taping and clicking (though it can be hard and frustrating somethings) and calling and sending SMS but use it. Technology has really taken different approach in this world we leave in. Going back to smart phones, I will do acknowledge that smart phones really some part of the life easy and some part hard. But needs to understand, these companies will not finish with there ideas of developing smarts phones, Samsung Galaxy and Note, IPhone, Sony Xperia and BlackBerry (which soon to be collapse) will keep coming up new ideas of making smart phone more power also with new prices.

I bought an s3 a few days ago - quite big, but a decent phone. First android phone i've owned that isn't slow.

I bought an s3 a few days ago - quite big, but a decent phone. First android phone i've owned that isn't slow.

I wanted to ask you, since you own both the Android and iOS phones, whats the better of two in your opinion :) And also what's the main pros and cons of using Android/iOS

I'll come back to this in a week or so - I've only been using the S3 as my main device for 2 days, so it's too early to tell.

For now enjoy my phone collection :D (sorry for the quality - used my wifes crappy blackberry to take the pic)

Posted Image

I'll come back to this in a week or so - I've only been using the S3 as my main device for 2 days, so it's too early to tell.

For now enjoy my phone collection :D (sorry for the quality - used my wifes crappy blackberry to take the pic)

Posted Image

LOL! Buy your wife a new phone :P

The next Google nexus phone, that's what i'm waiting for.

Processor/ Memory

CPU: Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A9

RAM: 1GB

External Memory: 8/16 GB storage

GPU: ULP GeForce

Chipset: Nvidia Tegra 3

The next Google nexus phone, that's what i'm waiting for.

Processor/ Memory

CPU: Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A9

RAM: 1GB

External Memory: 8/16 GB storage

GPU: ULP GeForce

Chipset: Nvidia Tegra 3

What exactly is this for?

I am pretty sure that most of those who voted for Galaxy Note 2 did so because they had no other choice, not because they actually like the device :P

• Administrator

I am pretty sure that most of those who voted for Galaxy Note 2 did so because they had no other choice, not because they actually like the device :P

Obviously, S III wasn't in the poll. :)

Also One X is underrated. :yes:

I was tempted with the One X, but I was drawn to the S3. Would have been nice if Samsung put the back button on the left though :(

Posted Image

LOL! Buy your wife a new phone :P

he should probably give his wife one of his... :))

• 5 weeks later...

for me personally people who buy apple products are noobs in real life,but again i respect your choice! its just that for me as soon as someone tell me they like apple product i tend to think they don't know a fuck about technology because apple marketing is so fake!

Archived