uTorrent Becomes Ad-Supported to Rake in Millions

DKT27

I personally updated to the latest stable 3.2 version. If you click away all the thingy they are bundled with, its OK. I don't want to update to any other version (especially ad-supported)..

3.2 is not that buggy now (i think). 3.1.3 is OK too.

If you have less resources, 2.x is good too.

• Replies 34
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to make ourselves a client. The money sounds good B) I don't use torrents very often but I switched to q as well.

If you're not a fan of qbittorrent and like a darker shade of UI, Tixati definitely is a good choice.

You can change to white. Currently using it.

meh, no need for client on home computer anyway. Much better to have a remote torrent client (seedbox) and do your torrenting away from your home line. That way you can cut down your uploading to virtually nill and generally be much safer from anti-p2p and letters to your ISP because they will never see your IP address anywhere. Plus the fact that you'll have a great ratio on your private sites ;).

I preferer VPN solution. Cheaper and works on every connection that is in and out from PC with strong encryption. Sweet.

Moved to 2.2.1 (build 25110)

i am still using good ol' version 2.2.1.

Same here. I kind of feel that I don't need the extra features added after that release. Running 24/7 very smoothly for me: Posted Image

I can understand the company behind utorrent wanting to earn some money. Average joe (like my brother) won't mind so much some ads.

Can you name me your exact build? 2.2.1 (build ?)

PS: Which build of 2.2.1 is errorfree?

Posted Image

Does anyone actually care?

Im still using the very old version above without issues and see no reason to switch to any new versions or alternative torrent software.

Archived