What do you use for protecting your system?

Ponting

Security  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you use for protecting your system?Please state the security application that you use as main layer of protection.

• Antivirus only
    • Antivirus and Firewall (separate or security suite)
    • Firewall only (including WFC,Tinywall,etc)
    • Light Virtualisation Software (eg. Shadow Defender)
    • Instant Restore Software (eg. Rollback Rx)
    • Anti-executable software (eg. Exe Radar Pro)
    • Sandboxie
    • Appguard
    • Others (please specify other)
    • No security at all - Only Common Sense

COMODO Internet Security (Firewall + HIPS)

NOD32 (EAV)

RoboForm Pro

Ad Block Plus

NoScript

MailWasher Pro

The Mind (many like to call this the brain, which IMO is of limited use unless external tools like mentioned above are also present on the system.) :P

• Replies 28
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comodo Firewall, Panda URL filter, norton DNS, Sandboxie, axcrypt on private folders, EMET 3.0 and appguard. Shadowdefender on-demand sometimes.

Which version of Shadow Defender do you use?Is it light on the system?

I use version: 1.1.0.325. Its very light. It only uses 1700. When it's virtualized it uses around 4k. You barely notice it running. I have it set to exclude one file on my system and I use that for downloads. That file is sandboxed so nothing gets out before it's scanned. I've stopped using it realtime since I've forgotten a few times to exit shadow mode and lost my work. Now I use it when I'm not at home. On unsecure networks and such. There really isn't anything close to its protection. The newest deep freeze (7.5) has MBR protection now. Before then you could download a tdss and it would get loaded into the MBR. Deep freeze and returnil wouldn't remove it because it was in the MBR and was hidden. Even though it hasn't updated for a couple of years it's still strong.

m

• 2 months later...

Archived