Intel Core i7 Benchmarks

RadioActive

box, you've used it, does SSD really make that much a difference?

I guess it should, the HD has been the bottleneck for faster computers for many years...

Yea man SSD makes ur PC run like it's on rocket fuel steroids. Not every brand is reliable, but intel has some of the best ones. You could get a 2nd gen intel 80GB SSD for a reasonable price now to load Windows and programs and use a regular hdd for your "movies" and games.

• Replies 37
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What type of connection uses SSD disk? Is it SATA or something else?

Cheers ;)

Sale ole sata.

OK, thanks for the info. I was looking some clips on youtube and these SSD rules. But prices are still hot. SSD G.SKILL 2,5" 64GB SATA-2 here where I live is 180€ :whistle:

Cheers ;)

When I build my new PC I plan to spend a lot of money, but I don't really buy into the SSD thing.

I have heard stories of many SSD's made by rigging several smaller flash memory parts to act as one, to increase storage space and cheapen the manafacturing process (since SSD's have less space), but this can rape performance to the point a 7200RPM mechanical HDD is faster or at least equal. This has shook my faith in it because I'm worried that I'll buy one that is all hype and no real gain, less space, and more cash.

Also, I was thinking of using a velicoraptor as my boot drive.

If you want OMG that's fast!, then go with SSD. I'm using Intel 80GB SSD and every day I say OMG that's fast!. Do a lot of research first before buying a SSD. I am impress with Intel's. You should put your programs and OS on the SSD. No mechanical hard drive can out boot a SSD. IMO, an i7 without a SSD is like a formula 1 racing car on four bicycle wheels. The one really bad thing about SSD is that you will get hooked on speed. Although the price for a SSD is expensive, I don't regret it at all.

When I build my new PC I plan to spend a lot of money, but I don't really buy into the SSD thing.

I have heard stories of many SSD's made by rigging several smaller flash memory parts to act as one, to increase storage space and cheapen the manafacturing process (since SSD's have less space), but this can rape performance to the point a 7200RPM mechanical HDD is faster or at least equal. This has shook my faith in it because I'm worried that I'll buy one that is all hype and no real gain, less space, and more cash.

If you want OMG that's fast!, then go with SSD. I'm using Intel 80GB SSD and every day I say OMG that's fast!. Do a lot of research first before buying a SSD. I am impress with Intel's. You should put your programs and OS on the SSD. No mechanical hard drive can out boot a SSD. IMO, an i7 without a SSD is like a formula 1 racing car on four bicycle wheels. The one really bad thing about SSD is that you will get hooked on speed. Although the price for a SSD is expensive, I don't regret it at all.

It"s not the price I was worried about. Buying a POS that was made cheap at the expense of speed was what I was worried about (This supposedly happens a lot with laptop SSD"s)

It"s not the price I was worried about. Buying a POS that was made cheap at the expense of speed was what I was worried about (This supposedly happens a lot with laptop SSD"s)

Yes, do your research and read reviews.

SSD Decoder Ring - an SSD comparison guide

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=736

• 3 weeks later...

Archived