Which of these do you use for playing music? Also state the reasons for the same

Ponting

Music Player  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you use for playing music?State the reasons for the same.

foobar, stablest, lightest and fast music player. Read a lot of things, highly customizable.

I used in the past Winamp, Windows Media Player and a lot MediaMonkey (became a bloatware, not stable and not light at all).

• Replies 106
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jetAudio.

Been using it since '06 and it's just very handy and user friendly.

Plus it converts to different audio formats, records and has great skins.

I use Media player and Power DVD

For maximum quality and performance, I suggest you to use SoX Resampler instead of iZotope, although iZotope is very good in it's own, but SoX is known as the best one for resampling, tell me if you need links or such. ;)

I do need links please..

I use Media player and Power DVD

For maximum quality and performance, I suggest you to use SoX Resampler instead of iZotope, although iZotope is very good in it's own, but SoX is known as the best one for resampling, tell me if you need links or such. ;)

I do need links please..

Here is the original SoX page on sourceforge, the main application which is known as one of the best and finest resamplers,

http://sox.sourceforge.net/

Guys at HydrogenAudio, extracted the algorithm of SoX and made it for foobar as a DSP, just replace this with PPHS and there is no other special config for it. ;)

http://www.hydrogena...showtopic=67373

It also gets updates fast, and in each version, it becomes better and faster. :)

Just a note: Upsampling everything will not gain you quality or such, if your sound card natively support the most common sample rates, you probably do not need this, but my build-in sound card has a very poor resampler and actually upsamples everything to 192kHz and 3rd party resamplers are much more better, so, in my case, I do need a resampler, to not let the sound card do this for me. :)

But, for example, if you have a ASUS Xonar Essence One, there is no need for it actually, because it does the job at it's best, it is one of the best external DACs out there. :)

Winamp Pro, here 'cause maybe I'm a sucker for any program that brings loads of possibilities in User configuration. Have found it acoustically superior against most players, unfortunately - AIMP3 is yet to be tried out.

visualbuffs

windows media player dude!! it has simple features and less memory

Anybody using DFX Audio Enhancer?

I used version DFX 9 for WinAMP & Foobar. DFX 10 doesn't like so much. I recommend v9 rather than 10 or better use SRS and you can enhance all sounds on your PC (music, videos, voice).

I like window shade mode on WinAMP it lets me a player with all main functions in a single bar (soooo cooool). I dislike of WinAMP its memory consumption and CPU usage (IMHO, too high for a simple music player). So that's the reason I use foobar2000 (minimized of course, :D).

Best regards...

Back in the day I use to use Winamp, but now I use Windows Media Player. Satisfies all my needs and I love, that the correct album information is taken from the web. :)

Am I the only one using iTunes here? lol

I use iTunes for the library because I've got ipod to sync to, and I also use it for watching podcasts.

I use vlc for sampling/quick playing individual music files and albums.

calguyhunk

I don't listen to a whole lotta music on the PC these days, but Winamp was my tool of choice back in the nineties through the first decade of this millennium.

But I have been using VLC since '09 when I installed Win7 RC for the first time. Since I already had a mp3 player by then, my PC audio was hardly getting a run-in and I couldn't be bothered to re-install Winamp which would mean maintaining a playlist and a separate player for all my audio. VLC became my natural choice since most of my video watching is primarily on PC and VLC obviously is my designated video player :thumbsup:

So these days, I only play songs on a case to case basis with VLC designated as the default player for everything from mp3, wma and the like. No playlists, nothing ;)

I Agree With Pole star

alexisjiron

foobar2000

lightest player, completely customizable ui, plugins for everything, etc.

in resume it does have all that i need

I switch between windows media player with dfx plug in, and aimp3. Both do what I need them to and they both have comparable sound quality. With my big speaker system It is hard pressed to actually hear much difference between the two. The dfx plug in helps media player alot, seems to add alot of depth to the sound. Aimp3 out of the box is a very good player with no need to add plug ins.

AndromedaAnima

Currently using foobar2000 as it is free, ad-free, customizable, and light-weighted.

I use MediaMonkey because it organizes my files easily, finds missing information for songs, and still syncs my iPod.

• 2 weeks later...

Foobar's simplistic interface along with the ability to use VST plugins makes it a winner for me. Though you have to configure it a bit. :D

"1by1" player for songs (And VLC for Video, but this topic says "playing Music" !). Reason? Tiny size (abt 120KB), and portable, and does all that i want. (I keep a copy in every pendrive i have my music on)

Windows Media Player. :tooth: Use it with FFDShow. Means quality and originality. :)

Damb straight! I use Windows Media Player with shark codecs.

• 2 weeks later...
Fr.jack hackett

given a choice i'd still be on MP 9... have got used to w-amp these days :)

Archived