Mac software on nsane.down?

shought

Mac software  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Mac software on nsane.down?

• Yes
    • No
    • If it's there I don't care, but it'd better not bother me!

As the title states. We're thinking about adding MAC software to the frontpage, would you like it? Or not, why? Or why not?

If we're actually going to do this we do need Staff members to fill in on the MAC applications, because our current Staff doesn't have experience with MAC software.

So if some of you guys really like the idea, you'd better start posting some nice MAC apps in the Software News! :)

Please leave a comment if you voted yes or no!

• Replies 56
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been messing with Mac for a few weeks now. Mac is so much more different than Win XP. Not nearly as many apps available. Once I figure it out myself Ill write a tutorial on how to go through the typical steps of Download(using a DL manager)>Unarchiving the files>Installing the app>Typical cracks for Macs.

Update: Ive started to find replacement windows apps for my MAC. So far so good. Although I must say, there are really limited options when it comes to mac. Great OS... but as far as cust. options, its like Win 98 all over again.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted yes. I just added the Mac_OS on one of my PC's. And I have no idea what is good or bad for MAC and I value the opinions and facts expressed on this site.

;)

I also said yes

mac osx is good but discovering apps is hard.

What am i going to put on my hackintosh... uhhh photoshop and word! and thats about all i can think of

I do not have a mac, but that is partly because there are not as many available softwares for mac. If I were to get a mac, and knowing how difficult it is to get software for mac, I would like it if nsane had mac listings. But, I think there should be a separate front page for the mac softwares because they are not compatible with windows OS.

• Administrator

Server was fine, a service crashed however ;)

Mac software will be a seperate category (like system tools, security etc, there will be one named "Mac" if we do add this kind of software to the FP).

I'm in the don't care category.

But if you add some, how about an option to choose between windows, mac or both news updates on the frontpage?

I'm in the don't care category.

But if you add some, how about an option to choose between windows, mac or both news updates on the frontpage?

Nice idea, but that would require us to either use a cookie setting to make it show/not show for you or to ask users to login to the frontpage... I guess a cookie isn't that bad, only thing is it gets deleted after some cleaner did it's job :) It might be nice to have users login on the frontpage as well, but we do need to think of some extra features you guys would get if we'd go about that. Since we're completely redesigning the frontpage(as far as I know :P) anything should be possible.

Im not using it... but im looking forward on testing Leopard. I am so curious about MAC!

My answer is yes!

I don't mind it if there is mac software on this site and it would be better for you guys to keep the site growing

so I voted YES

Mac i have a Mac its about 12 yrs old it has been :) sitting in my closet for about 3 years now. I voted yes but im not gonna be downloading any of it anytime

soon. But love to have the options. So thanks!

Macs are not that bad. Most of the programs will not need cracks, just serials, which can be obtained through Serial Box. As for the rest of the programs some will have cracking instructions supplied as well, which are usually in the form of license files. The only thing that may pose a problem is that some programs will try to use your network to detect identical product keys and serials. This can be thwarted by blocking them through the firewall in the system preferences.

I don't have a Mac but I know that it's popular enough to vote yes on. It would be a great addition to this already great site I say. I'll go looking for some Mac experts on some of my other forums and see if they can contribute.

I don't have a Mac but I know that it's popular enough to vote yes on. It would be a great addition to this already great site I say. I'll go looking for some Mac experts on some of my other forums and see if they can contribute.

Any help is appreciated :win:

OSX...one thing that hasn't been on my hdd. Yet.

Even though I don't use "macs", I think it would be cool to know what p2p options mac users have now besides Limewire.

JunkInternetMail

Post some mac apps and here are the ones to post:

P.S. Anyone who voted NO is gay!

warez:

iserialreader

kcncrew

burning software:

disco

roxio toast titanium

p2p:

limewire

ftp software:

flow

transmit

archive tools:

betterzip

stuffit deluxe

theunarchiver

cam stuff:

funbooth

iglasses

iusbchat

macam

moreichateffects

random stuff:

littlesnitch

parallels

realvnc

vmware fusion

system utilities:

mainmenu

xslimmer

I voted Yes. I use MAC 50% of the time, and Windows 50% of the time. I would like to see MAC software added for sure. But id rather not have it added if it makes using the site harder, such as not being able to clearly tell what is for which OS, watering down the offerings, losing good selections due to available space and time of the site admins to manage, or if there arent enough people to properly monitor to ensure the MAC additions are all valid and up to date.

Its a great idea though, with those things in mind. Thanks for asking the question.

(Edit: I think its only fair to note that the poll will be greatly skewed because non-MAC users wont likely click on the topic at all. Regardless, im still very much for it.)

Well, I have a suggestion...

On other forums, there's a dedicated section for Mac and Windows.

I think it would benefit both Windows and Mac users :win: .

Archived