AV-C performance test June 2012

morteza

Its interesting to note the following:

Posted Image

I find that shocking. Don't know what others are on about in this thread. I want my AV to be the first priority on startup and im shocked most aren't (according to this report)

G-Data is slow, Webroot is fast, Avast,Eset light. Nothing new here :lol:

If people want Webroot you can buy it for about £4 B)

The company made great improvement in Gdata overall performance in 2013 version, though it is bit slow, but comparing to its previous version it is getting better. Bearing in mind, Gdata does use TWO best engines, and according to AV tests its detection is nearly to 99%. However, Gdata is not so good in removing the malwares from the system.

Like in my previous post, even Emsisoft made huge improve in performance, detections and removal since it also uses two engines and has been rated around 97 to 98% detection rate. Avast and Eset are also good AV with single engine's, but when coming to removing malwares from system Avast and Eset has showed lack of effort in that area. Don't take me wrong, I am big fan of Eset myself, they really to work on their HIPS and zero-day detection including with removal.

Well, actually Gdata 2013 has a powerful repair system, I can tell you because I'm using it. The behavior shield is also very good, I thought it was bad, but it has removed the only 2 unknown malware, missed by both bitdefender and avast engine, and repaired all the changes the file did, it also gives you all the information of the file itself, "File made a copy of itself in a protected place, file tried to access the network, file tried to add autorun registry, file tried to manipulated other system process, etc." Its very nice to have this information avaiable, and to know the behavior shield actually works.

I have disabled in real time protection the option "Check system areas at startup" which gives you a perforamnce boost. I also added all my games and secured programs to exclusion and I can say, the system run just as fast as always...

PD: As well as me, Av independent test shows a good repair system from Gdata 2013 = http://www.av-test.o...er/marapr-2012/

It has sense, since it uses BitDefender Engine, as well as inactivity scan, which will help to remove some threats that weren't detected with current signatures in the future, when you go to the bathroom, or taking some cigarette, it will do the job, plus hourly updates.

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Protected by specific rules that control applications access to system resources.

*\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell*\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs*SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit*\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options*\SOFTWARE\Policies\**\SOFTWARE\Policies\*\*\SOFTWARE\Policies\*\*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\*\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\*\*
I didn't realise the average user setup the above.

Archived