AV-C performance test June 2012

morteza

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Webroot, Avast and Eset did a well done job, :showoff: whereas Kaspersky, GFI etc did less. How come Gdata scored 78%, since it uses two best engine... :huh:

Webroot, Avast and Eset did a well done job, :showoff: whereas Kaspersky, GFI etc did less. How come Gdata scored 78%, since it uses two best engine... :huh:

Come on bro,it's performance test don't say you don't know.When you use 2 engine you will be slow :)

Come on bro,it's performance test don't say you don't know.When you use 2 engine you will be slow :)

Yes, but I seen a review on Gdata 2013, they really bring down the ram usage including with performance,

However, the removal is not good, bro. But the blocking is.

And where is Emsisoft. I think they don't bother with AV-Test. This was said by one of their employees on Emsisoft forum

Yes, but I seen a review on Gdata 2013, they really bring down the ram usage including with performance,

However, the removal is not good, bro. But the blocking is.

And where is Emsisoft. I think they don't bother with AV-Test. This was said by one of their employees on Emsisoft forum

I agree with you but performance test is not only ram usage.I think removal and blocking is not in performance test. :)

visualbuffs

wtf webroot? i don't believe this one haha

Well, I'm currently using G Data IS 2013 and I don't feel any slowdown at system performance at all lol, and its protection is very good.

It would be good to see Norton take part in the test :(

Wow! Webroot looks so fast! I must try it! Any medicene for latest version? :)

If want to try Webroot, for now don't bother with medicine. If you like then think of medicine. I am really really, to see Webroot is performing well than accepted, since I see in one review it missed quite few malwares and detection and removal is not good either

But according to VB 100, quoted the following;

"In the consumer test, the top performer was BitDefender with 17 out of a possible 18, closely followed by Kaspersky with 16.5 and F-Secure with 15.5.

Also putting in good performances were AVG's Internet Security (the paid-for version) and Symantec's Norton, both with 15 points, and Norman's Security Suite, Panda's Cloud Antivirus and Internet Security products, and Webroot's SecureAnywhere, all scoring 14.5. Just behind them were free products from Avast and AVG, and G Data's Internet Security, which scored 14 points, Avira, BullGuard and Trend Micro's Titanium with 13.5 points, and K7's Total Security and McAfee's Total Protection with 13 points".

AlienForce1

If that`s really their attitude -> you don`t have to be surprised that the clients don`t bother with Emsisoft ... :P

If that`s really their attitude -> you don`t have to be surprised that the clients don`t bother with Emsisoft ... :P

Thats why they good signatures..

AlienForce1

Emsisoft had previously a great probem - a lot of false positives -> did they solve that ?

Its interesting to note the following:

Posted Image

This is one of the biggest stupidities I have ever heard from such a reputable company !

I won't even bother to explain why.

• Administrator

This is one of the biggest stupidities I have ever heard from such a reputable company !

I really think you should explain, as its a very valid concern.

Emsisoft had previously a great probem - a lot of false positives -> did they solve that ?

Actually, in Emsisoft version 6.5 and on-wards (6.6), the company did a great job in whitelisting the programmes. However, there still is few false positive but way better than previous versions plus, with new updates coming up every hour and half, the whiltlisting has become few to nothing. In addition, they also made huge improve in overall performance including with ram usage. Emsisoft has one of the best detected AV currently available. The main advantage comes from two AV engines which gave good detection and removal power to the programme.

Currently, I am using it (swifted from Eset), trusth me the company did a well done job and it is doing it. Even Emsisoft forum is extremely helpful, and staff are very experienced in helping the problems (by what I have seen and heard)

"In all other cases the malware was first executed" ?????

:wtf: What security product allowed it to enter the system in the first place?

Surely, prevention is better than detection and then cure.

The av should prevent infection in the first place otherwise it is not doing its job, imho.

• Administrator

"In all other cases the malware was first executed" ?????

:wtf: What security product allowed it to enter the system in the first place?

Surely, prevention is better than detection and then cure.

The av should prevent infection in the first place otherwise it is not doing its job, imho.

Say for example the case of a Zero Hour Malware entering the system and then only later the signature database is updated.... It happens more often than you'd imagine.

There is no thing as "100% protection".

People ask for less protection...

Posted Image

I tried to answer the question very detailed but accidentally i closed post, and mange to restore only half of it so i didn't bother to do it again since I was writing it for 2h.

I really didn't know that AV can perform update when machine is turned off or booting - every day you learn something new. :huh:

Posted Image

I find that shocking. Don't know what others are on about in this thread. I want my AV to be the first priority on startup and im shocked most aren't (according to this report)

G-Data is slow, Webroot is fast, Avast,Eset light. Nothing new here :lol:

If people want Webroot you can buy it for about £4 B)

• Administrator

I really didn't know that AV can perform update when machine is turned off or booting - every day you learn something new. :huh:

My rootkit has been loaded into memory, its quite happily masking my malware. The anti-virus software didn't bother to start up before my driver.

Protected by specific rules that control applications access to system resources.

*\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell*\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs*SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit*\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options*\SOFTWARE\Policies\**\SOFTWARE\Policies\*\*\SOFTWARE\Policies\*\*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\*\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\*\*

Posted Image

I find that shocking. Don't know what others are on about in this thread. I want my AV to be the first priority on startup and im shocked most aren't (according to this report)

G-Data is slow, Webroot is fast, Avast,Eset light. Nothing new here :lol:

If people want Webroot you can buy it for about £4 B)

The company made great improvement in Gdata overall performance in 2013 version, though it is bit slow, but comparing to its previous version it is getting better. Bearing in mind, Gdata does use TWO best engines, and according to AV tests its detection is nearly to 99%. However, Gdata is not so good in removing the malwares from the system.

Like in my previous post, even Emsisoft made huge improve in performance, detections and removal since it also uses two engines and has been rated around 97 to 98% detection rate. Avast and Eset are also good AV with single engine's, but when coming to removing malwares from system Avast and Eset has showed lack of effort in that area. Don't take me wrong, I am big fan of Eset myself, they really to work on their HIPS and zero-day detection including with removal.

Archived