What is your favourite BitTorrent client?

Nima

What is your favourite BitTorrent client?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite BitTorrent client?

Hello guys,

The last poll about this was for about 4 years ago, so I decided to make a new poll. :)

The thing is, we have many clients today and choosing one of them is not an easy job, just wanted to see what nsane people use. ;)

Please specify the application if you use other clients than posted in poll. ;)

Thanks,

Nima

• Replies 76
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It's both qBittorrent and uTorrent here. I'm using only qB right now, but plan to switch back to uT in future. However, it seems that some improvements are planned for qB v3.0 so lets see. :)

StealthyBoi

uTorrent but only version below 2.2.1 as those version does tracker reporting correctly and is less buggy.

It's this Question been asked quite few time in the Poll and in the Forum? :huh: Anyway, I use to like Torrent files but since due to seed issues and downloading speed, I have stepped back in using torrent. But I would consider in Voting for Utorrent..

• Administrator

It's this Question been asked quite few time in the Poll and in the Forum? :huh:

What Nima said is correct. In poll section, there has been only one thread like this, that, 4 years old. :)

It's this Question been asked quite few time in the Poll and in the Forum? :huh:

What Nima said is correct. In poll section, there has been only one thread like this, that, 4 years old. :)

Fair enough.

It's both qBittorrent and uTorrent here. I'm using only qB right now, but plan to switch back to uT in future. However, it seems that some improvements are planned for qB v3.0 so lets see. :)

Agree with you, I just got the uTorrent 3.2 and seems promising, maybe I switch to it in future, too. :D

Have you tried Deluge? Because I remember you had used it before. :think:

But in fact, I see no difference between qBittorrent and Deluge. :D The only difference might be the interface, but nothing in the performance or speed. ;)

• Administrator

Agree with you, I just got the uTorrent 3.2 and seems promising, maybe I switch to it in future, too. :D

Have you tried Deluge? Because I remember you had used it before. :think:

But in fact, I see no difference between qBittorrent and Deluge. :D The only difference might be the interface, but nothing in the performance or speed. ;)

I must have tried Deluge, but I don't remember to be honest. jalaffa used to use it I believe.

Looking at it, both are based on libtorrent. :)

Lets say I picked one from the lottery. :P

uTorrent,BitTorrent,qBittorrent,Deluge,Transmission,BitComet...

Those has been used before.

SacredCultivator

uTorrent for me, just does what I need it to do.

Although I've definitely tried and liked, BitComet, Tixati and qBittorrent.

Both Tixati / qBittorrent's progress on updates are quite slow. Tixati is fine, but like for qBittorrent, slow due to lack of developers for Window users as they are always about 1-2 releases behind the other platforms.

If qBittorents development were quicker I wouldn't mind using it as it's a really great program.

Bonus to Tixati primarily because I'm a sucker for dark themes and Tixati has it.

I prefer uTorrent for a more comprehensive configuration possibility and yeah - the speed (not as fast as IDM, but around 85% there.)

• 5 weeks later...
nik007rock143

i actually don't use none of them :D

I leech them and download through idm :P

i actually don't use none of them :D

I leech them and download through idm :P

the same here, can't use torrent clients with files over 4 gb, just so annoying for me waiting for the shit to complete, and emagine with 1 or 2 seeders lol, no my nerves wont allow it hh, so i leech the f** out of them and enjoying downlaoding with idm.

• Administrator

That's not right. :(

I used to think like you guys too (on very very early stages, before I even came to nsane). But then I saw how Bittorrent system works. By only leeching, you are effectively killing murdering the torrent you actually liked/downloaded.

You know why there are only 2-3 seeders in some good torrents? Because of this habbit.

nik007rock143

I used to think like you guys too (on very very early stages, before I even came to nsane). But then I saw how Bittorrent system works. By only leeching, you are effectively killing murdering the torrent you actually liked/downloaded.

You know why there are only 2-3 seeders in some good torrents? Because of this habbit.

well eventually i will think of using bittorrrent clients if i get speed ;)

one thing to consider is uttorrent has has partnered with riaa acordding to many posts on internet so id watch out with that one

• Administrator

one thing to consider is uttorrent has has partnered with riaa acordding to many posts on internet so id watch out with that one

Nonsense I say. If people find out, they are doomed. Piracy is their business. To keep away from getting targeted by labels, they even have legal things (movies, etc.) supporting them.

Still worried about it? Try qBittorrent, completely opensource and also has an anonymous mode (do not recommend).

not totally true, those who finish downloading and stop seeding those who actually kill torrent system, leeching is just a way in order to get big/rare files without waiting weekes, beside, few people uses leeching since it's not a free service,so i don't think it's a problem for torrent.

Nonsense I say. If people find out, they are doomed. Piracy is their business. To keep away from getting targeted by labels, they even have legal things (movies, etc.) supporting them.

Still worried about it? Try qBittorrent, completely opensource and also has an anonymous mode (do not recommend).

just figured people should know about who they are connected with etc

http://www.zeropaid....bittorrent_inc/

but what people use/install or do on there computer is there problem i cant and wont stop them but i will atleast try and inform them

persoanly ive been using qbitorrent

• Administrator

I see. I haven't read the full article but from what I can understand, that's quite interesting. :think:

• 2 weeks later...

I used qBittorrent for some time but switched back to Tixati. I had some minor issues with my que in qBittorrent. I took the time to read the FAQ and got Tixati setup right and I have to say it works much faster than qBittorrent ever did for me, plus it has cool graphs to look at! :)

• 2 weeks later...
SacredCultivator

I'm curious though with the possible direction uTorrent is going if this poll would change much.

As I know uTorrent wins by a landslide, but with the ad-supported version coming soon, that may change.

(Although I understand you can just use a previous version that doesn't have it.)

µTorrent (2.2.1), hands down. Anything above 2.2.1 has bloatware written all over it, sucks for µTorrent to have taken such a turn but thankfully older version still works more or less flawlessly.

• 5 months later...

Archived