[Solved] Need Help PC Restarts

ramiz0

I am using wireless broadband and fire fox as browser problem is my damn pc restarts automatically

when i am browsing the web sites.And i lost all my unsaved data and currently downloaded contents

Please tell me where is the problem :mellow:

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Technology

I am using wireless broadband and fire fox as browser problem is my damn pc restarts automatically

when i am browsing the web sites.And i lost all my unsaved data and currently downloaded contents

Please tell me where is the problem :mellow:

Its maybe due to over heating or possibly your system cooling fan is not working or unresponsive. Did you ever try cleaning your system, since sometime to much dust in the fan or in the hole which makes hot air of the system trapped inside

jimbojet2011

Well Mister Ramiz,

There are a lot of thinks to think about when it does make a shutdown while on the internet.

When you are on the internet you are using a lot of hardware @ the same time but the first to look @ is your Wlancards drivers.

If there is a problem with communicating with windows then a shutdown can be the outcome ( driverupdate )

The second one is like technology said that the CPU is getting to hot, this can be because of to little airflow inside the machine or the CPU isnt getting enough airflow through the metal ribs.

The next point to look @ is the videocard ( is it aircooled or is it a passive cooled card ) when this one gets to hot than you have the problem that it is shutting down too.

Videocard drivers also can be the problem.

And like Rocketman says, send a specification of your systems hardware

Goodluck

JJ

Complete system specifications required for correct diagnosis.

2GHZ of Processor (32bit)

512mb of RAM

128 of VGA card

80GB of Hard Drive

Windows XP Sp 2

Realtek Ethernet Adapter

You might want to download something like AIDA64 and look through the sensors to check if the temperature of any component is too high. If it is, then the PC reboots to save itself from a meltdown.

update ur lan driver and other motheboard drivers..

Check whether ur cpu fan is working fine or not..

kk..did u hear any beep sound...

SnakeMasteR

Disable the auto-reboot feature when errors are happening to be able to investigate a bit more.

Check your hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, Power Supply and all connectors from/to them).

Check software and drivers.

Clean up your computer inside, especially CPU and coolers/air ducts).

Check for virus infection(s).

Rename firefox.exe to something other (firefox1.exe) and use it like this for testing.

Use another browser (with less memory usage).

Technology

512mb of RAM

128 of VGA card

80GB of Hard Drive

Windows XP Sp 2

Realtek Ethernet Adapter

Firstly, it is unlikely, it caused by virus but you never know. Do a virual scan, for consideration. Secondly, which brand of computer do you have, since most computers have built in System Diagnostic Tools, to diagnostic the overall system performance and stability?

You have to bear in mind, that during browsering, system tend become warm, because of playing videos, playing online games or downloading files and programmes. If, in-case you don't have System Diagnostic, I will suggested that you clean your system components with spray, vacuum and cloth, to remove any just that is blocking any air to flow outwards..

512mb of RAM

128 of VGA card

80GB of Hard Drive

Windows XP Sp 2

Realtek Ethernet Adapter

Firstly, it is unlikely, it caused by virus but you never know. Do a virual scan, for consideration. Secondly, which brand of computer do you have, since most computers have built in System Diagnostic Tools, to diagnostic the overall system performance and stability?

You have to bear in mind, that during browsering, system tend become warm, because of playing videos, playing online games or downloading files and programmes. If, in-case you don't have System Diagnostic, I will suggested that you clean your system components with spray, vacuum and cloth, to remove any just that is blocking any air to flow outwards..

No viruses Detected Checked and scaned my pc with 4 antiviruses

Avaira,Avast,AVG And Nod 32

Technology

512mb of RAM

128 of VGA card

80GB of Hard Drive

Windows XP Sp 2

Realtek Ethernet Adapter

No viruses Detected Checked and scaned my pc with 4 antiviruses

Avaira,Avast,AVG And Nod 32

Fair enough, though, you didn't use or mention Malwarebytes or HitmanPro. Nevermind,then I am guessing, you have internal system components problems. Please see my previous post, about possible solution your problem

• Administrator

Disable the auto-reboot feature when errors are happening to be able to investigate a bit more.

Yup, that's the first thing that needs to be done when this type of problem occurs. :)

thanks for all the suggestions -_- :)

I,ll try to make it better

You may have the FLAME virus. happened to me when I updated windows. System works for a while then it just became unresponsive all of a sudden and gave me a 0x0000007E (+4 paramaters) error BSOD [blue screen]

DISABLE WINDOWS UPDATE UNTIL MS GETS THE VIRUS FIXED!!! Everyone PC will crash soon, unless you are in the US.

You will need to do complicated procedure to restore your system. Back up your data by booting into safe mode (which doesn't work, with this virus, all the time) or from ubuntu USB. The virus is located in your BIOS.

If you want to know how to fix this deadly virus, PM me.

Windows XP Sp 2
You're receiving some very good advice and I just want to interject on one little point. Please upgrade to SP3 - Microsoft no longer supports SP2. Reason for pointing this out is; after resolving your issue, we'll see you back soon with some problem or the other. ;)

512mb of RAM? maybe you should buy more larger.

i guess you have never heard some strange noise.

So, i think RocketMan get the point, you should use windows update, and MS made patch to avoid FLAME virus.

^_^

Technology

I will agree with RocketMan, that you really need to consider to Update your SP2 to SP3. And try to buy biggest size of ram, towards consideration installing Windows 7..

But I doubt that's why he's having issues. IMHO, he should check his hardware for issues.

Technology

But I doubt that's why he's having issues. IMHO, he should check his hardware for issues.

I agree, restarting system is not caused by SP2. He is experiencing hardware issues, thats why I gave him System Diagnostics suggestion. But, I doubt he will be able to run it. Either he needs to clean system internal components or replace computer fan.

@Technology: Exactly, that's why I suggested AIDA. :)

Either way, upon opening the case, he should be able to see or feel the problem. I can't imagine how hot a component must be for the PC to restart. O.o

Windows XP Sp 2
You're receiving some very good advice and I just want to interject on one little point. Please upgrade to SP3 - Microsoft no longer supports SP2. Reason for pointing this out is; after resolving your issue, we'll see you back soon with some problem or the other. ;)

Windows XP Sp 2
Thank you guys my pc is working fine now i have upgraded RAM to 1gb and upgraded all drivers and Xp sp2 to Sp3 now it,s fine pc does not restart any more :showoff: :rolleyes: -_- :) :wub:

• Administrator

Good to hear. :)

Thread marked as solved.

Archived