1. 1. Daum Pot Player or new KMPlayer?

• Replies 35
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Daum have 64 bit version

Km does not have any 64 bit version

64bit = lesser codecs and variety. In most of the things 64bit is better than 32bit, except M$ Office and media players.

Daum have 64 bit version

64bit = lesser codecs and variety. In most of the things 64bit is better than 32bit, except M$ Office and media players.

100% agreed.

While I do use the x64-bit iteration of Microsoft Office (due to extraordinary file size,) in so far as media players are concerned, the lack of 64-bit codecs support does neutralize the advantage. :(

Daum have 64 bit version

100% agreed.

While I do use the x64-bit iteration of Microsoft Office (due to extraordinary file size,) in so far as media players are concerned, the lack of 64-bit codecs support does neutralize the advantage. :(

I don't know what's your requirments in term of codecs but in my case, everything is available for x64 as far as I know... (I don't use a x64 system but I think I'll switch with Win8).

• Administrator

I don't know what's your requirments in term of codecs but in my case, everything is available for x64 as far as I know... (I don't use a x64 system but I think I'll switch with Win8).

There are many codecs out there that are not available on 64bit media players. Hence, most of the media players are still on 32bit and most of us 64bit OS users use the 32bit media player.

Daum have 64 bit version

100% agreed.

I used the x64-bit player for a very long time, until I started using one of the essential (for me) codecs still in x32-bit that is ReClock.

There are many codecs out there that are not available on 64bit media players. Hence, most of the media players are still on 32bit and most of us 64bit OS users use the 32bit media player.

Which ones ? The bloated packs ? :lol:

Daum have 64 bit version

100% agreed.

I used the x64-bit player for a very long time, until I started using one of the essential (for me) codecs still in x32-bit that is ReClock.

ReClock is not a codec, it's a DirectShow filter. Not the same thing.

@ spootnack

You're right about the codec v/s filter part for ReClock - unfortunately, ReClock is not available in a x64-bit flavor. As for the codec part, I depend heavily on madVR which does not take kindly to the 64-bit iteration. ;)

• Administrator

Which ones ? The bloated packs ? :lol:

:lol:

Jokes apart. K-Lite and other codec packs are big because they use the best codecs/filters for best media types, ffdshow or Lav aren't the best in everything. Every codecs (or packs of them), etc. have their merits and demerits. :)

Like madVR, yes we can use some other renderer but madVR is said to be the best in what it does, better than others. But it might not be the best in all things, this is when K-Lite comes in. It always selects the codecs best for the media type.

@ RocketMan and DKT27 :

Good to know that you use madVR. Great choice. B)

@ DKT27 : Now, about K-Lite, I was kidding because I prefer the "manual" method, you install one-by-one what you need and you know what you use, why and how it works. It keeps "simple" and stable and if something doesn't work, it's easier to troubleshoot. It's personnal but I prefer this method. But I think that most of people use even not the half of the sofwares that a pack provides...Between K-Lite use great softwares like madVR and LAV Filters and I think it's one of the best codecs packs available with CCCP.

• Administrator

I see your point. :)

Archived