Daum Pot Player or new KMPlayer?

House_maniac

Daum Pot Player or new KMPlayer?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Daum Pot Player or new KMPlayer?

House_maniac

hello guys as title states which one do you prefere! i was a kmplayer fan before and now i use daum pot player 64 bit version,but the new km also is not bad but it doesnt have a 64bit version..

• Replies 35
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Added a poll.

I go for none of them, but if you ask only between these two, Daum is better than KMP in my opinion. ;)

kmcknight2001uk

I've used both and it's all the way with PotPlayer! Far more stable and less bloated. Also, it does what it says on the tin, as for KMplayer seems way too over engineered to get the best out of it. :D Saying that, KMPlayer runs better on my underpowered notebook when using 720p files.

House_maniac

I've used both and it's all the way with PotPlayer! Far more stable and less bloated. Also, it does what it says on the tin, as for KMplayer seems way too over engineered to get the best out of it. :D Saying that, KMPlayer runs better on my underpowered notebook when using 720p files.

i use daum pot too just got this skin but i tested km player which got better with 3.2 version that why i wanted to know which one is better now but thanks for the replies guys :)Posted Image

visualbuffs

i use vlc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chlorophyll

kmplayer ...no doubt

jetAudio! :showoff:

House_maniac

kmplayer ...no doubt

This is a nice skin for pot player http://laxorm.devian...potplayer&qo=29 :D

Just a quick question, what did you do to your task bar? Are you running a custom skin within windows 7? :)

yes i'm using a longhorn theme with a custom start orb :)

well atleast for me vlc can't come near these two can you state whats better with vlc?thanks

kmplayer ...no doubt

ok ravisoorya but whats better in km now as i see the 3.2 version seems cool and its light too

I'm using the latest (beta) versions of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, Daum Pot Player and KM Player. My order of preference:-

1. Media Player Classic Home Cinema

2. Daum Pot Player

3. KM Player

Testing these 3 players on very demanding 8 GB+ BluRay movies, it's a bit tight between Media Player Classic Home Cinema and Daum Pot Player. KM Player is a distant number 3.

Edit:

Those using Media Player Classic Home Cinema will know that it's the most actively developed media player. In fact it's the most actively developed software - every time one sneezes, lo there's a new release. :)

visualbuffs

kmplayer ...no doubt

This is a nice skin for pot player http://laxorm.devian...potplayer&qo=29 :D

Just a quick question, what did you do to your task bar? Are you running a custom skin within windows 7? :)

yes i'm using a longhorn theme with a custom start orb :)

well atleast for me vlc can't come near these two can you state whats better with vlc?thanks

kmplayer ...no doubt

ok ravisoorya but whats better in km now as i see the 3.2 version seems cool and its light too

VLC can play more various format and its performace was great!

better if u install k-lite codec

Well, I've tried both, and for the life of me, I could never like them. XD

I found them too complicated, too convoluted, and too "nippy" for my tastes. As RocketMan said, MPC-HC is a terrifically powerful player, which makes setting up easy somehow. I run it with CoreCodec for matroska. I also have Mirilis Splash Pro EX for general HD content, as it offers the BEST image configuration, just go for it if you play a lot of HD films, it's just bare commands, almost NO other settings! It doesn't do so well with SD, doesn't even have an DivX codes, so they complete each other. :D

House_maniac

Well, I've tried both, and for the life of me, I could never like them. XD

I found them too complicated, too convoluted, and too "nippy" for my tastes. As RocketMan said, MPC-HC is a terrifically powerful player, which makes setting up easy somehow. I run it with CoreCodec for matroska. I also have Mirilis Splash Pro EX for general HD content, as it offers the BEST image configuration, just go for it if you play a lot of HD films, it's just bare commands, almost NO other settings! It doesn't do so well with SD, doesn't even have an DivX codes, so they complete each other. :D

yea mirilis splash pro image quality is awesome but i found the audio quality poor compared to others didn't you?

One thing I missed out is that the hardware acceleration function dominates the media players of today and hence what renders great for others may not necessarily work satisfactorily for you. You may want to try them out personally on your own rig. :)

yea mirilis splash pro image quality is awesome but i found the audio quality poor compared to others didn't you?

I patch my sound through an S/PDIF outlet to an AV receiver. So it takes pure unaltered sound from videos (Splash has this as a setting for S/PDIF audio output) and can boost the sound with its own DSP protocols (like Dolby), so the sound for me is the same whichever soft I use. Its only poor when the video audio feed sucks. Haven't tried it on desktop speakers, so I can't comment.

I'm using the latest (beta) versions of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, Daum Pot Player and KM Player. My order of preference:-

1. Media Player Classic Home Cinema

2. Daum Pot Player

3. KM Player

Testing these 3 players on very demanding 8 GB+ BluRay movies, it's a bit tight between Media Player Classic Home Cinema and Daum Pot Player. KM Player is a distant number 3.

I agree with you.

hello guys as title states which one do you prefere! i was a kmplayer fan before and now i use daum pot player 64 bit version,but the new km also is not bad but it doesnt have a 64bit version..

I allways recomend MPC-HC or PotPayer and i sue this guide to configure it: http://imouto.my/configuring-potplayer-for-gpu-accelerated-video-playback-with-dxva-or-cuda-and-also-high-performance-software-decoding/#changelog

Thanks for the links to those guides, WaKa WaKa - helped me to finetune my media players. :)

PotPlayer is developed by the former KMPlayer developer Kang Yong-Huee.

:drunk:

Tweety.Abd

Edit:

Those using Media Player Classic Home Cinema will know that it's the most actively developed media player. In fact it's the most actively developed software - every time one sneezes, lo there's a new release. :)

LOL :P I too think MPC HC is the best player out there :)

My number one player since months: MPC-HC.

But between Daum Pot Player and KMPlayer, I would say Daum Pot Player because I know that a lot of "HD movies lovers" use this one. In fact, I see pretty much always in this "community" a "Top-2" either MPC-HC either Daum Pot Player.

I used to use KMplayer in the past, SPlayer too. Very good chinese players too. But projects were a little bit "dead".

Archived