WindowBlinds skins

shought

Could you guys recommend me some nice skins to brighten up my Windows XP, I'm kind of done with the default XP skin so I installed WindowBlinds but now I'd like to see some nice skins.

I like skins that have that 'glassy' look and look a bit like Windows Vista.

Anyone?

• Replies 63
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you guys recommend me some nice skins to brighten up my Windows XP, I'm kind of done with the default XP skin so I installed WindowBlinds but now I'd like to see some nice skins.

Anyone?

then see this link for more up-to-date skins

Anyone?

Thanks for the help ;)

Marik :

Good skins for WindowBlinds. I am gone keep them all ! Thanks !

I wonder where you found them, cause they aren`t at Stardock website, but they are the best !!!

Good work !

Ouch!!!!

Marik, you're back to your naughty ways - this is the second time I've been fooled.

Anyone?

I'm on 'Vista Transformation Pack 8.0.1' but have tried 'Stardock WindowBlinds' in the past and used the inbuilt 'Diamond' skin. That said, the screenshot of the skin posted by Bizarre looks quite appealing:-

http://www.wincustomize.com/zoom.aspx?skin...071&libid=1

Yeah the screenshot does look quite nice, but isn't there a skin that will make my XP look just like Vista(as far as possible)?

The closest that you can get to a Vista look is through 'Vista Transformation Pack.' However, I do believe that you're on 'Windows XP Service Pack -3 (SP-3.)' If you decide to use 'Vista Transformation Pack' with 'Windows XP Service Pack -3 (SP-3.)' you'll need an additional patch.

BTW, I had uninstalled 'Stardock WindowBlinds 6.10 Build 55 x86 Enhanced' after experiencing a momentary freeze after every startup - this issue may not necessarily be apparent on other Users' machines

The closest that you can get to a Vista look is through 'Vista Transformation Pack.' However, I do believe that you're on 'Windows XP Service Pack -3 (SP-3.)' If you decide to use 'Vista Transformation Pack' with 'Windows XP Service Pack -3 (SP-3.)' you'll need an additional patch.

BTW, I had uninstalled 'Stardock WindowBlinds 6.10 Build 55 x86 Enhanced' after experiencing a momentary freeze after every startup - this issue may not necessarily be apparent on other Users' machines

i have WB installed, and am happy with my current diamond theme. VTP is a good app, but let's not forget that it modd's several system files...so i wouldn't be to quick to jump into it...plus WB only costs about 10 mb ram..so no problem here

The closest that you can get to a Vista look is through 'Vista Transformation Pack'. However, I do believe that you're on 'Windows XP Service Pack -3 (SP-3.)' If you decide to use 'Vista Transformation Pack' with 'Windows XP Service Pack -3 (SP-3.)' you'll need an additional patch.

Could you tell me a few things about this 'Vista Transformation Pack', is it hard to 'get rid of', does it have any flaws and will the patch I'll have to use on SP3 have any other consequences?

The closest that you can get to a Vista look is through 'Vista Transformation Pack'. However, I do believe that you're on 'Windows XP Service Pack -3 (SP-3.)' If you decide to use 'Vista Transformation Pack' with 'Windows XP Service Pack -3 (SP-3.)' you'll need an additional patch.

Could you tell me a few things about this 'Vista Transformation Pack', is it hard to 'get rid of', does it have any flaws and will the patch I'll have to use on SP3 have any other consequences?

Homepage <<No rick-roll this time>>

i have WB installed, and am happy with my current diamond theme.

Yeah, I was onto the "diamond' skin - I love it, too.

VTP is a good app, but let's not forget that it modd's several system files...so i wouldn't be to quick to jump into it...plus WB only costs about 10 mb ram..so no problem here

The latest VTP version that I use comes with an option for us whether to mod system files or not (this option appears at the time of installation.) I'm not aware whether previous versions offered this option or not.

My CPU resources consumed for VTP are v. insignificant as I did not opt for goodies like:-

1. Aero Style (WindowsBlinds skin)

2. True Transparancy (Aero glass border)

3. VisualToolTip (TaskBar Thumbnail)

4. Thoojse's SideBar (DesktopX's Vista SideBar)

5. WinFlip (Task Switcher Replacement)

6. Detect moderated resources consumption settings

These goodies mentioned above can always be switched on & off without having to re-run the VTP setup.

@Shought

All said, I use VTP 8.0.1 for myself but for others, I install WB with the Diamond skin - suggest you could make up your mind after visiting their forums (I'm PMing you the address as I'm not clear on the rules about that)

And what would be the steps I need to do when installing this?

First the patch and then the pack?

Oh no!!!

First the pack - then the patch (as per direction enclosed.)

ps:- You have the PM ( their site carries some sexy screenshots)

To uninstall VTP, one has to just re-run the VTP setup - the patch for 'Windows SP-3' Users comes with 'use-at-your-own-risk' caveat from the VTP Publisher (I'm a 'Windows SP-3' User, myself.)

You might like to visit this site, most of my theme come from here:

http://vishal-gupta.deviantart.com

Just need to use UXtheme Patcher from:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Uxth...nload-2369.html

You can get Transformation Pack there too.

After patching, just copy the files to %windir%\Resource\Theme folder.

Hope this helps! ;)

Using Vista Transformation Pack right now and I must say I'm quite content :frusty:

Glad you've taken a liking for VTP - let's all keep this thread updated if anyone bumps into something more interesting.

Hey kotaxor, your Vienna (Windows 7) 'Transformation Pack' looks quite promising, too - I don't mind trying it on my alternate (Company laptop.)

If possible, try to post a link (I'm just signing off - gotta freak out with the family.)

Nah, thanks for your suggestion, but at the moment I think Vista looks better :nono:

Nah, thanks for your suggestion, but at the moment I think Vista looks better :nono:

Hahaha! I am using Vista bootup screen, Vienna logon/off screen, vista theme, Vienna icon and wallpaper with vienna glass cursor!

Viola. A combination of Vista and Vienna!

@Donaldo

Pm to you the link.

Archived