SD card driver diversity

rudrax

Now I have installed proper 32-bit SD card reader driver in my system.

The problem is,

When I view the driver details via device manager it shows this: Posted Image

And, when I view the driver details via computer\drive properties, it shows this: Posted Image

The read-only problem is still kicking ass. It works fine with a SD card I have but except that if I insert other SD card in the slot, all are shown read-only..What kind of problem could it be?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@speedy..sony vaio VPCEB24EN..sony mobo with intel HM55 express chipset.

• 2 weeks later...

Site: http://www.liutilities.com

Sharecode: /device-driver/ricoh-sd-mmc-host-controller/ [?]

noo..you didn't get the problem..the site you given has a very old driver..infact, I have the latest driver installed..but every time I insert a SD card in my laptop slot, it says that the card is read-only and so I can't make any change to the contents of the card, that is the problem!

The read-only problem is still kicking ass. It works fine with a SD card I have but except that if I insert other SD card in the slot, all are shown read-only..What kind of problem could it be?

Just had a laptop come in for service with this issue with 2 SD Cards (thought your problem was solved.)

On one SD card, the read only error was happening due to low residual storage space - after making some space available, it became normal.

Had to format the other SD card, though before it became usable.

Just had a laptop come in for service with this issue with 2 SD Cards (thought your problem was solved.)

On one SD card, the read only error was happening due to low residual storage space - after making some space available, it became normal.

Had to format the other SD card, though before it became usable.

Well, I can't put data in an empty card either..

Archived