Diskeeper 12 Professional 16.0.1010.0

jalaffa

Diskeeper 12 Professional provides essential performance and efficiency increases that all business desktops and laptops need to function productively. Diskeeper prevents the majority of fragmentation (scattered file fragments randomly placed across the hard drive) before it can happen and instantly defrags the rest. Diskeeper 12 Professional has a new, more intuitive user interface, runs unobtrusively in the background, elevates PC performance, and requires no scheduling and absolutely no user intervention. It lowers the total cost of ownership and frees up more budget allocation for proactive initiatives. In fact, Diskeeper is proven to cost less than running a network without it. Diskeeper Professional now comes standard with HyperFast solid state drive optimizer so it will increase PC performance for systems with solid state drives in addition to hard drives.

Download

• Replies 158
  • Views 52.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this was fast, thanks for the update jalaffa! :)

I hope it's better than previous releases, much better... :boxing:

Maxhedroom

Wish there was a good summary of what's new for 2012 Pro...:/

Thanks for the update! :)

I'm a PD user but i'll give it a try when the fix will be available. Thanks!

Only @shajt could do the right patch for Diskeeper, but he is no longer among us. He left nsane.forums mad with someone,... never new why, never knew with whom...but he was an excellent member ! :(

If this is anything like past versions, having a shared serial number or key will likely not be enough and only a patch will work.

Do you have to uninstall 2011 or will 2012 copy over the old version?

Installing over an old version might works, but, it's recommended to uninstall the old version, restart computer and then install the new version, especially in this case, because it's a major update for the program. :)

This will avoid almost all conflicts and problems to be happened. :)

I still use WinXP Pro SP3 (x86) and this program ( Diskeeper) now needs Microsoft.Net Framework 4. Once this was installed I notice booting XP now takes almost 3 minutes to start windows and without .Net Framework 4 takes 35 seconds to boot. Being so, I prefer to continue using previous Diskeeper pro Premier 15.0.966. Maybe will try Diskeeper 2012 when Windows 8 ready to use...but, besides design what are the differences in performance ?

Freddy, you are right ! Changelog ? -- Maybe no changes ... just the look ?

Found this :

CHANGES IN DISKEEPER 12:

• New User Interface. The Diskeeper Interface has been given a more modern look and feel, simplified navigation and drill-down architecture of information.

• Alerting Mechanism. This high level alerting mechanism will let you know at a glance if your system has any problems relating to performance, disk health and configuration settings.

• Reporting Mechanism. The reporting mechanism provides current and historical reports about your system.

• Disk Health. The Disk Health feature monitors hard disk drives for S.M.A.R.T. data to generate alerts and provides a disk health report.

• System Monitoring. System Monitoring monitors system environment activity and provides reporting on key elements.

Note: System Monitoring report data will only become available 2 to 3 hours after your system has been rebooted.

• HyperBoot. HyperBoot technology has been incorporated into Diskeeper to improve system boot time.

Note: HyperBoot will only work on non-server operating systems.

• Space Reclamation. Space Reclamation allows you to manually zero out unused space on a selected volume.

Note: Space Reclamation is only available on Server editions of Diskeeper.

• CogniSAN. This technology detects external resource usage within a shared storage system, such as a SAN, and allows for transparent optimization by never competing for resources utilized by other VMs over the same storage infrastructure. Any and all SANs are supported!

Note: CogniSAN only detects external resources on server editions of Diskeeper.

• HyperFast Improvements. HyperFast now includes TRIM that further improves Solid State Drive performance and longevity.

Do you have to uninstall 2011 or will 2012 copy over the old version?

One might probably succeed in installing 2012 over 2011 but not not in retaining the registration. This takes after Diskeeper tradition.

I gave it a try but I think you should wait for the server version. Some features only in Server version.

I'd just defragged with Vopt so thought I'd see what this said. No fragmentation found except the new install of this and pagefile.

I only did manual dfg but I can't find any setting to change the way it works, like basic, performance, extreme, anything like that.

I don't like the interface, it's not intuitive at all for me. Finding it hard to find where to start the defrag lol.

I much prefered the 2011 version. This is smooth to run and light but it seems really basic. Maybe the Auto modes offer something better as that's what this program is all about.

I'm not going to do a boot defrag because after killing my comp by doing that with Perfect Disk and having to install a complete windows backup I've been very wary of any boot time defrags.

I asked them for the trial Diskeeper 12 Enterprise, but they only give for to download ,Trial 2011 version.

Archived