Intel launches second wave of Ivy Bridge processors ahead of Computex

visualbuffs

visualbuffs

Intel officially launched its Ivy Bridge architecture back in April with over a dozen third-generation Core i5 and Core i7 processors, all but one of them being quad-core parts destined for high-performance laptops and desktops. Now, the company is following up with another 14 processors to the line-up, only this time the chips are mainly dual-core parts catering to a number of different market segments and platforms.

The new additions consist once again of both Core i7 and Core i5 parts. Of the 14 processors, six are desktop-grade Core i5s — five quad-core parts and a single dual core — while the remaining eight are mobile processors split evenly between the standard mobile version (marked with an "M" suffix) and the ultra-low-power variants we’ll soon start seeing inside in Ultrabooks (with a "U" designation).

Desktop parts are priced between $184 and $205 in 1,000 bulk quantities, topping out with the Core i5-3570 clocked at 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) and featuring a TDP of 77 Watts. Meanwhile, the new mobile processors are priced between $225 and $346. The standard 35W parts top out with the Core i5-3520M clocked at 2.9GHz, while the i7-3667U leads the pack for ultra-low-power variants clocked at 2.0GHz.

All chips offer PCIe 3.0 support as well as features like Intel Secure Key, OS Guard, and Virtualization technologies. Detailed specifications of these new processors are available in the tables below.

Posted Image

Source :Techspot

• Views 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived