[OLD] ESET Fixes

DKT27

Hey guys!! It's a pleasure to be here (sorry for my bad english because i don't speak it well).

I've subscripted this forum because, checking ESET Boxmara Fix 1.6.exe on virustotal, i saw 30/48 that says: this is a virus.

I red about autoit in an old post, so, somebody said that all these bad detections are caused by autoit. Ok... but, the question is, why do you not release fix's source code to ensure all users that your code is not infected by any malicious part?

Another question is: why the hell some skilled programmers like you (i'm not kidding you, i think it for real) that certainly program and develope application under linux, are interested to create a fix like this that "cure" an application that run under a different os?

Sorry for stupid questions but i'm very curious! Bye to all!

No one answers, this makes me doubt even more

Box,Mara-fix is a hack tool which modify some Eset components like egui .. So it's normally to be considered a virus/trojan by any AV software ..

I agree with Sonar , if you don't trust the tool , don't use it ! :)

Some members reported that Box,Mara-fix 1.7 has some incompatible issues with Eset v7 .So is there any one can explain what are those issues/bugs ? ~:: cause I'm a lazy tester :lol: ::~

Cheers,

I didn't have that problem after using MaraBox post-install on Version 7 :)

Those features are still there on my screen!

good if it worked for you. anyway I'm using Win8.1. I wonder if it because of Windows version.

Some members reported that Box,Mara-fix 1.7 has some incompatible issues with Eset v7 .So is there any one can explain what are those issues/bugs ? ~:: cause I'm a lazy tester :lol: ::~

Cheers,

@cyberboom

Works perfectly, for me anyway, i used after installing Eset. (8.1x64)

good if it worked for you. anyway I'm using Win8.1. I wonder if it because of Windows version.

I didn't have that problem after using MaraBox post-install on Version 7 :)

Works on my 8.1 @rach :)

ballacoilupi72

...box-mara fix 1.7 works perfectly with nod32 versione 7 italian in windows 7...... :)

Edited by ballacoilupi72

Box Fix instructions to follow (for now until Mara fixes it for Version 7):

1. Run ESET installer as like you normally would install anything else (DO NOT run box fix b4 u launch the installer!)

2. Disable Self Defense in the HIPS section of Advanced Setup area

3. Reboot computer as instructed so it fully disables the Self Defense mechanisms

4. Temporarily disable all protections (so it doesn't flag the program as malware or w/e it does now)

5. Run the Box Fix

6. Then when done patching, close box fix window after successfully patched and then re-enable Self Defense on HIPS section of Advanced Setup

7. WAIT for all updates to finish and apply themselves

8. Then reboot machine... ALL DONE after u reboot!

Instructions updated for easier understanding :)

Edited by LiLmEgZ

I installed ess7 over ess6 with Box,Mara-fix 1.7. Works perfectly!

On Win 7 x64

Edit:

- Now ess7 asks me for activation :( !

- When I click on About It shows me that than installed version is ess 6.

Edited by 7abib0

Just want to get confirmation in simple words..

- Does this mean I have to uninstall ESS6 before installing ESS7?

- And, I only have to install teh box-mara fix *after* installing ESS, Not "before* (like we did previously),

Just want to get confirmation in simple words..

- Does this mean I have to uninstall ESS6 before installing ESS7?

- And, I only have to install teh box-mara fix *after* installing ESS, Not "before* (like we did previously),

Installation over previous versions is fully supported.

Beta users and users with version 5 and 6 can upgrade to version 7 by checking for a new program version and selecting Install in the Update pane.

After installing appears to be best for fix at present IMHO and a few others.

( personally would clean install 7)

Edited by tezza

How do i come to know that box, mara-fix v1.7 is working? Eset has been updated and it is showing license valid until 18-nov-2013

How do i come to know that box, mara-fix v1.7 is working? Eset has been updated and it is showing license valid until 18-nov-2013

If you are able to update, means it's working.

Box,Mara-fix is a hack tool which modify some Eset components like egui .. So it's normally to be considered a virus/trojan by any AV software ..

Incorrect! Please don't misinform people. Fix does not modify egui nor any other component, except egui in v4 and only if user choose it. Fix only changes few registry entries to put old Eset servers. And the only reason fix is considered a virus is because makers of Eset does not like the fix.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Incorrect! Please don't misinform people. Fix does not modify egui nor any other component, except egui in v4 and only if user choose it. Fix only changes few registry entries to put old Eset servers. And the only reason fix is considered a virus is because makers of Eset does not like the fix.

Cheers ;)

Indeed I only did some analysis on Box,Mara v1.5 .. :)

I didn't mean that your fix is dangerous or contain bad thing, I just was explaining to andrew82 why VirusTotal scan result was 30/48

PS: Sorry if I did something inconvenient to you :unsure:

Edited by Cyberboom

ESET PRODUCT ACTIVATOR V.7 ( Instructions included ) . You have to Disable (Eset) Protection before extraction of this file.

Download :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site :- ................................... http://www.sendspace.com

Sharecode :- ................................................................... /file/7zcrpf

Edited by jofre

ESET PROCUCT ACTIVATOR V.7 ( Instructions included ) . You have to Disable (Eset) Protection before extraction of this file.

Sharecode :- ................................................................... /file/7zcrpf

is this a new medicine? can't see it in front page.. ??

I packed box, mara-fix 1.7 with upx and is working perfectly in nod32 v7, no longer detected as a malware.

Instructions:

1. Install eset nod32 v7
  2. Disable HIPS and Self Defense.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Apply box, mara-fix 1.7 upx packed.
  5. Update virus definitions.
  6. Enable HIPS and Self Defense.
  7. Reboot.
  8. Done.
Edited by crackolio

ESET PRODUCT ACTIVATOR V.7 ( Instructions included ) . You have to Disable (Eset) Protection before extraction of this file.

Today I tried this fix and didn`t work ... , maybe because I had previously installed v.6 + Nikko Fix 2013 ...

Tomorow I will try it again , on a clean install EAV 7.302

Edited by AlienForce1

Today I tried this fix and didn`t work ... , maybe because I had previously installed v.6 + Nikko Fix 2013 ...

Tomorow I will try it again , on a clean install EAV 7.302

Today (23.oct) when I oppened the PC , I observed that nod32 updated and worked ok ... (and it wasn`t necessary to reinstall it) -> so , I can confirm and I also that box, mara-fix 1.7 works with ESET 7.0.302 ! :) :showoff:

ESET PROCUCT ACTIVATOR V.7 ( Instructions included ) . You have to Disable (Eset) Protection before extraction of this file.

Ya i wonder what it does, trial reset or ?

It works with clean installed v7.0.302.

Ya i wonder what it does, trial reset or ?

It works with clean installed v7.0.302.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/138777-eset-product-activation/

I just want to report a bug in Nikko's Eset Activator v7 .. So Is Nikko a member in our nsane community ?

Where is he ? :)

(edited spelling)

Edited by Cyberboom