WINDOWS 8 - Are you gonna install and use Windows 8 Final ?

psyko666

148 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna install and use Windows 8 Final ?

• Yep.. I'm in love with it! <3
    • Nope.. looks like shit.. :(
    • Maybe try it out and get laid later...
    • Wotz Windows 8 ?!
    • I'm gonna use Windows 7 and pass Windows 8
    • Nope.. I'm using Linux
    • Gonna use it as VM and check it out how it is...

• Administrator

At the moment, I'll pass it.

I agree and have same views as Tunerz. Not only Metro is ugly, it's messy and problematic.

Why I and many others prefer Firefox over Chrome? I'm not concerned about speed of Chrome, I'm concerned with usability and preference of them. Same applies to Windows 8.

Now, if M$ re-thinks and puts back the normal start menu or something similar that is good, with desktop being the default interface rather than an app, I'm all for it. But at the moment, M$ doesn't seem to care about users' cries.

• Replies 43
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I can just imagine the IT support guys in a corporate office training the end-users with this new interface. :unsure:

Well, win7 didn't register my modem at all. It's a fairly common Sisco 2100 Cable Modem, but i've found nothing on this issue on the internet at the time.

That would be network card drivers issues, not modem issues. :)

Well, it's the first thing I tried. When the network cable fucked up, I used a USB cable to connect it, and installed the official vista drivers, and it acted exactly the same. O.o And even so with my mate's PC, via the network cable. And prior to all that, I made the ISP give me a new unwrapped modem. I still can't explain it. :(

Yes, if they separate metro and desktop versions

No, if they don't

Windows 7 works perfect

Well, win7 didn't register my modem at all. It's a fairly common Sisco 2100 Cable Modem, but i've found nothing on this issue on the internet at the time.

Well, it's the first thing I tried. When the network cable fucked up, I used a USB cable to connect it, and installed the official vista drivers, and it acted exactly the same. O.o And even so with my mate's PC, via the network cable. And prior to all that, I made the ISP give me a new unwrapped modem. I still can't explain it. :(

You don't need any driver for modem to work, since it's over LAN cable. Does you network card has Windows 7 drivers? Did you try to make LAN network with some other computer via that network card? If you're using USB, that explains your problem, just use LAN. If your network card does not work, why don't you buy new one, you can get in in about 10€.

Cheers ;)

• Administrator

Just to clear things out. Here it how it works right now (or atleast that's how I remember).

When you start Windows 8. After the booting completes, you see the Metro right away. You see all the metro tiles and custom selected metro colour background. One of those metro tiles is desktop, you click on it and desktop opens right away. But there's no start menu, clicking on a icon (which is not as easy as finding normal start button) on the bar on the right opens the metro again. Desktop is not opened by default, you are forced to use metro start menu, which, in my opinion, is one big step back in usability.

You don't need any driver for modem to work, since it's over LAN cable. Does you network card has Windows 7 drivers? Did you try to make LAN network with some other computer via that network card? If you're using USB, that explains your problem, just use LAN. If your network card does not work, why don't you buy new one, you can get in in about 10€.

Cheers ;)

Also, have you tried installing the Vista or XP drivers using compatability mode?

This is about windows 8 not win 7 - move away from this topic :D

Ill install it play with it beat it up scream at it stress at it... then come back to vista/xp :D

I'm not a windows 7 fan.

TheBestOFN05

Huh, Win8. I dunno how Micros staf stolen my money for buying this OS? I'm still love with my old mouse and keyboard, not my fingers for typing my task. Or maybe open my apps in metro style or without Start Menu again. I guess, really it's like shit updates :wtf: Why they not integrate it as Win7 Releases. I'm still can find Win95 in my school 'coz They doesn't like Many shit tech. My friends still like to playing PB or another game online with mouse and keyboard. I'm still hate but love my slow internet connection for update my profile in here via keyboard. And really, it's weird to store my pc's in my bags as Android PC Tablets :lol: :wub: :angry:

i will use it for sure someday like we all will , BUT only its first SP1 is out to fix the shit up :)

Me thinks Win9 will be what Win8 should've been in the future, like WinVista to Win7. MS will get much feedback about Win8 and perfect their Metro design formula for the desktop OS.

When the first Windows 8 loader is made... i give it a try! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What is it with people and metro ? the same thing happened with 3.1 to windows 95, its a change and people dont like change, i have used all OS's since win 3.1 and every time microsoft come out with a new one its better ( dont mention vista pre sp2 ) windows 8 runs well and is a good quick system, metro well i didnt like it first time I installed it but over time i have found it to be better than the old start menu, in my opinion most people dont like change or just wont give it a good try out

i for one will be using the rtm as the benefits outway the bad bits

I'll probably just add another SSD and install Win8 on that. I currently have XP SP3 on one partition (VMware Workstation setup so I can test software and create portables) and 7 Ultimate on the other for daily use.

Windows 8 looks great but I'm not sure the general public really needs to upgrade. It should be used mostly by businesses and those who own a tablet or other device (as the OS is quite optimized for touchscreen interactions)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived