Fastest and effective antivirus do you think?

visualbuffs

Fastest and Effective Antivirus do you think?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Fastest and Effective Antivirus do you think?

• Norton AV
    • Kaspersky AV
    • ESET Nod32
    • AVG AV
    • Avira Antivir
    • Avast AV
    • Panda Security
    • Microsoft Security
    • McAfee AV
    • None of the above
    • The Brain

• Replies 40
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KIS+Webroot SecureAnywhere Essential

(just to be careful....I never put my PC at risk)

Kaspersky had big jumps from 2010 to 2012....but seems not big changes on v2013 preview....huh! not interesting at all!

I confirm, ESET has strong AV but not my favorite choice;

"Pirate-friendly" is the best description for Kaspersky :D

If GFI makes a more intelligent firewall_to ask less questions_I may go with VIPRE Internet Security

Hell, never knew why, but ESEt was never super light on my machine. O.o

in fact, during the time that I've used it, and then substituted it with KIS (v9, methinks) I remember KIS being lighter. And thus every time I tried to put back ESET in usage.

grouchysmurf

I use Panda to scan with when needed.

The last thing i need is some over-bloated cow of a program taking over

my machine. In many ways, some of the "popular" programs are not

much better than what they are suppose to protect you against.

A little research and a clean set up has always worked for me. B)

Somebody, include one more option, 'The Brain' to the polls, please.

:troll:

Somebody, include one more option, 'The Brain' to the polls, please.

done :troll:

Hell, never knew why, but ESEt was never super light on my machine. O.o

in fact, during the time that I've used it, and then substituted it with KIS (v9, methinks) I remember KIS being lighter. And thus every time I tried to put back ESET in usage.

in the old days i have the same opinion as you :P

try disable ESET hips (i use comodo for FW n hips)

it reduce memory usage from 100k to 11k-45k max depending on what you're doing :D

Posted Image

btw it's NOT on idle :P i'm playing some online game when this screenshot taken :)

Yeah, I tried to get myself to do that, but then I said, hey, why shlould I cripple a segment of the program and have it collect dust, and clot my PC with yet another soft. I consoder it a matter of principle never to have more than 30 processes during everyday use (not when I'm typing up a project, or translating something,a nd have a million windows up for reference) - for instance, while browsing, I have 27 processes in task manager.

• 2 weeks later...

I see no deleted posts here. The post might not have recorded on the thread. Again, I see no deleted post from your username. No deleted post on this whole thread either.

What the hell!?!? You guys can access and see a history of posts we've made, comments me wrote and messages we've sent?!!!

now suppose me and another nsane member met and realised that we share common interests and find each other *interesting* and we wanted to keep our messages PRIVATE, how would we prevent the staff and admin from spying?? This would be worse than even facebook!

• Administrator

What the hell!?!? You guys can access and see a history of posts we've made, comments me wrote and messages we've sent?!!!

now suppose me and another nsane member met and realised that we share common interests and find each other *interesting* and we wanted to keep our messages PRIVATE, how would we prevent the staff and admin from spying?? This would be worse than even facebook!

Stop being paranoid. :P

All your posts made are in public and accessible from your profile. All your PMs are private and will remain so. I can go further, in details you explain you how well we respect member privacy, but I can't let out the details. Basically, we are same (or even better) as any other site/forums out there.

Stop being paranoid. :P

Trust me, in today's internet it helps.

All your PMs are private and will remain so.

Phew, that's good to know.

Basically, we are same (or even better) as any other site/forums out there.

Better actually, because of the principles this site was founded on and the sense of contribution members feel.

In any event, could be because it's blue :D Facebook is blue too :P

For me, the Eset Security Suite is the best anti-virus and it is already almost 10 years!

Archived