which antivirus do you use as of APRIL 2012

visualbuffs

Which Antivirus do you use as of april 2012?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which antivirus do you use as of april 2012?

• Norton AV
    • Kaspersky AV
    • ESET Nod32
    • F-Secure
    • Panda Security
    • AVG antivirus
    • Avira Antivir
    • Avast AV
    • Rising AV
    • Bullguard AV
    • Trend Micro
    • Microsoft Security
    • ZoneAlarm AV
    • Comodo AV
    • Bitdefender AV
    • McAfee AV
    • Sophos AV
    • Vipre AV
    • K7 AV
    • PcTools

visualbuffs

Who do so many people use NOD32? It lost it's game a looooong time ago to Avira, Kaspersky, and Bitdefender. Avast isn't as good as any of those three either.

cos nod32 is the most effective and lightest AV

Untrue. Completely untrue.

how there you!!!

• Replies 58
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avast is number 1 at Download.com only because when downloading from even Avast homepage you are directed to Download.com. They do this as they want to push their ranking higher on Download.com, nothing more nothing less. Why? Get yourself high up the Download.com ranking and you receive increased sales.

Clever or underhand ?

I don't remember where I downloaded Avast from, but maybe they don't host their own downloads. I don't see a conspiracy here ;)

I switched from ESET Smart Security 5 to Norton Internet Security 2012. That's my final decision and will stick with Norton from now on.

How did you come to this conclusion?

visualbuffs

@ visualbuffs

Avast is number 1 at Download.com only because when downloading from even Avast homepage you are directed to Download.com. They do this as they want to push their ranking higher on Download.com, nothing more nothing less. Why? Get yourself high up the Download.com ranking and you receive increased sales.

Clever or underhand ?

yah you're right but you know that cnet can make avast no.1 even if they are not.... they can lie on us depending on their business transaction ....

I switched from ESET Smart Security 5 to Norton Internet Security 2012. That's my final decision and will stick with Norton from now on.

How did you come to this conclusion?

Noton has better firewall, equally good detection rate, one of the best Anti-Spam and the password manager. It wasn't an easy decision, but I had to make it, and besides, Norton Internet Security is lighter than ESET.

you are happy with eset dude? :lol:

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 on my main PC, & on the lappy I use Avast Internet Security 7.

Both legit copies. And yeah, I'm nowhere near happy with the results on AV-Comparatives Avast has gotten lately, so unless they up there game when my sub runs out, I'll get me another KIS sub.

you are happy with eset dude? :lol:

I were happy with ESET, but it didn't serve me quite well, specially when it comes to Firewall & Anti-Spam and besides, I get a password manager along with Norton. I still have ESET installed on all other computers at my household :)

Clever or underhand ?

I don't remember where I downloaded Avast from, but maybe they don't host their own downloads. I don't see a conspiracy here ;)

calguyhunk,

Clicking on the free Avast download link on the Avast site redirects you to Download.com.

The paid versions are not redirected to Download.com but a direct download from Avast.

(AVG also use this practise)

IMHO Download.com users,or novices looking for free AV, are those most likely to be influenced by high rankings on Download.com, therefore

get yourself high up the Download.com ranking and you receive increased sales.

I dont think its a conspiracy, just clever marketing.

( ps I am not affiliated with Avast or Download.com :D )

( ps I am not affiliated with Avast or Download.com :D )

Nice disclaimer :lmao:

I have used Norton, Avira and NOD32. The last one is a lightweight, has professional protection and works smoothly. The best thing about NOD32, is that is never shows itself with difficult questions. Instal it and forget it.

i like Eset it just has the smallest footprint.its great at protecting especially in put it on a new system...but if you do get infected it rubbish at cleaning.just like the speed and prevention part.as for cleaning an infected computer KIS but its slow

I think one shouldn't rate the anti-virus experience based solely on detection and memory usage. There's also the question of configurability, ease of use, and plain and simple look and feel of the thing. XD

I've installed ESET SS on my Dad's PC, precisely because it is set and forget, and every time I need to google how to blacklist apps from the internet, cause it's so damn minescule. XDDDD

So I place a great value on configurability and ease of use. I'm aware that Webroot isn't exactly at the top 5 (and maybe not even at the top 10?) list of best anti-viruses, but it gets at least 70% of crap. That kind of simplicity, mem usage, and geneal size, it's unprecedented in one app. I hope that my brain, and other layers will do the rest, and compensate for its weaknesses. That's why I use the anti-virus only, because I have a HIPS firewall. So I think that the only time you need to look for the "best" in anything (and it's the number one question rookies post everywhere, myself included, when I first became safety-conscious), is when you plan to have only one thing installed. You don't need the best, if you have layers of security. It becomes a web, dividing the sectors. What one misses, the next should catch, and so on. It gives you the luxury of picking the most convenient products for you, based on all the other parameters, and lastly on detection. That's my two cents on the matter, anyways.

Btw, there's no Webroot in the poll. :P

SnakeMasteR

Avast IS 7, runs smooth, protects, is what i need (tested a bunch of other apps before, nothing really fits). :)

I'm running Emsisoft Ant-Malware. Fine package if you ask me.

grouchysmurf

Still running Panda, only now it is Panda Pro.

It is just what I need, a light fast scanner that covers me

but does not suck system resources into a security black hole.

I do not like the "all-in-one" security solutions. They tend to grow

way to big.

Norton. And it's internet security version.

...NIS2012.. feels a lot better know.. :)

Umm.. I'm guessing with our beloved Babelpatcher's Trial Reset medicine? :P

Umm.. I'm guessing with our beloved Babelpatcher's Trial Reset medicine? :P
Actually I'm using a 4-month key :)

Advanced System Care With Antivirus and Comodo Internet Security Firewall.

Asc has the #1 Bitdefender Engine somehow. Comodo IS Firewall has an awesome "Paranoid mode" for the users on this thread :P

Archived