which antivirus do you use as of APRIL 2012

visualbuffs

Which Antivirus do you use as of april 2012?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which antivirus do you use as of april 2012?

• Norton AV
    • Kaspersky AV
    • ESET Nod32
    • F-Secure
    • Panda Security
    • AVG antivirus
    • Avira Antivir
    • Avast AV
    • Rising AV
    • Bullguard AV
    • Trend Micro
    • Microsoft Security
    • ZoneAlarm AV
    • Comodo AV
    • Bitdefender AV
    • McAfee AV
    • Sophos AV
    • Vipre AV
    • K7 AV
    • PcTools

visualbuffs

What antivirus do you use!? as of now APRIL 2012

i'am using ESET planning to change to Norton again

cos people at cnet download.com most downloaded and used antivirus was avast

you people?

Posted Image

• Replies 58
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimbojet2011

Ofcourse Avast guys.............

Its Free, Fast and Fabulous :)

That's my opinion and so far it works great.

Have a try you wont be dissapointed.

BTW I do not work for avast neather i'm connected in any way with the developer.

Have a nice AV Free Day

I use norton. It comes free with comcast & it has always worked okay. Lot of false positives but it is easy to work around. I have used avast in the past and it also worked very well. I am going to switch to eset soon as I have a couple friends that use it and one of them it saved his computer.

visualbuffs

I use norton. It comes free with comcast & it has always worked okay. Lot of false positives but it is easy to work around. I have used avast in the past and it also worked very well. I am going to switch to eset soon as I have a couple friends that use it and one of them it saved his computer.

Use ESET it's my aV

I tend to swish my config about, especially concerning anti-viruses. Currently I have Webroot SecureAnywhere Anti-virus. What never leaves my setup are MBAM and Hitman for on-demand, a properly configured Sandboxie, and the great Malware Defender.

visualbuffs

The :shit: list-

Bullguard

Sophos

Trend Micro

K7

eScan

Quick Heal

Norman

CA

TrustPort

Kingsoft

what the fu-ck-ing list you said? haha

I run w/o protection. I have Malwarebytes to do a scan when I need to, but for the most part I do not need anything. :P

I switched from ESET Smart Security 5 to Norton Internet Security 2012. That's my final decision and will stick with Norton from now on.

@ visualbuffs

Avast is number 1 at Download.com only because when downloading from even Avast homepage you are directed to Download.com. They do this as they want to push their ranking higher on Download.com, nothing more nothing less. Why? Get yourself high up the Download.com ranking and you receive increased sales.

Clever or underhand ?

Who do so many people use NOD32? It lost it's game a looooong time ago to Avira, Kaspersky, and Bitdefender. Avast isn't as good as any of those three either.

@ visualbuffs

Avast is number 1 at Download.com only because when downloading from even Avast homepage you are directed to Download.com. They do this as they want to push their ranking higher on Download.com, nothing more nothing less. Why? Get yourself high up the Download.com ranking and you receive increased sales.

Clever or underhand ?

As per the survey conducted by the AV-Comparatives, it showed that Avast! is the most popular and most widely used AV. Even on softpedia, it's the most downloaded AV of all.

@ visualbuffs

Clever or underhand ?

As per the survey conducted by the AV-Comparatives, it showed that Avast! is the most popular and most widely used AV. Even on softpedia, it's the most downloaded AV of all.

I do not dispute that fact Tweety.Abd, I was merely pointing out that Avast redirects to Download.com for downloads, therefore keeping it at the top spot at Downloads .com. :)

I do not dispute that fact Tweety.Abd, I was merely pointing out that Avast redirects to Download.com for downloads, therefore keeping it at the top spot at Downloads .com. :)

I'm sorry for misunderstanding & any inconvenience caused. I hope you will accept my apology :)

I'm sorry for misunderstanding & any inconvenience caused. I hope you will accept my apology :)

No problem my friend :D

visualbuffs

I'am Using now ESET nod32 v5 together with Norton AV 2012 ...

I Switch off norton auto-protect and other similar protection permanently

I install norton for 2nd opinion on demand scan!

visualbuffs

Who do so many people use NOD32? It lost it's game a looooong time ago to Avira, Kaspersky, and Bitdefender. Avast isn't as good as any of those three either.

cos nod32 is the most effective and lightest AV

visualbuffs

I test avast also kaspersky

it can't detect the threats that will make ur pc unstable! haist....

cos nod32 is the most effective and lightest AV

Untrue. Completely untrue.

Archived