NOD32 2.7 - no more updates?

Robert

• Replies 59
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on the 3 computer I have had luck with the servers 89.202.157.135-139

Thank You very much for mentioning this.

I manually set to 89.202.157.135 and within two manual update clicks I got the 11MB download and am now on 3322 !

My v2.70.39 has not updated since 7/19. I tried re-installing NOD32 and NodFIX 2.3.2 with no luck -- even after clicking like 20 times. I finally updated to the full version using Marko's Eset Online program and updated the database to 3322 (8/03).

My v2.70.39 has not updated since 7/19. I tried re-installing NOD32 and NodFIX 2.3.2 with no luck -- even after clicking like 20 times. I finally updated to the full version using Marko's Eset Online program and updated the database to 3322 (8/03).

Where do I find the Marko's Eset Online program??

just got done clicking the manual update button like 200 times, no luck :P

im still on 3302 on my vista machine,

and 3301 on my XP machines

Here: http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12378

am using 3.0.699.0 and i also did not receive any update no more on the net its now v.3330 (20080805) and i am stuck up with 3316 (20080731) ....what should i do?...

Guess hoppy was referring to the following:-

http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12378&view=findpost&p=59763

Still running ESET NOD32 v2.70.39 with NOD32 FiX v2.2. Current virus database is version 3333 (20080806) using server u40.eset.com.

Changing "Program component upgrade" to "Perform program component upgrade if available" seems to have helped since it downloaded the 11mb'ish update right after I applied the component upgrade settings.

JunkInternetMail

I'm not a programmer or hackers...

If you investigate your NOD32 installation directory you will find:

1) Directory named: /updfiles

This directory will have like 15 files inside of it... with files named as such:

nod3135.nup

2) In /ESET root directory you will find 7 files named:

nod.000

nod.002

nod.003

nod.004

nod.005

nod.006

nod.007

If you copy these files from both directories from an updated PC and paste them into an un-updated PC and reboot -- NOD32 will be updated.

So the way to create a fix would be really quite simple...

1) Code an app that can manually be edited to retrieve hosted files from various places

2) Make the app stated in #1 properly place the newly downloaded files into the correct directories

3) Reboot

Some ideas on the concept have been attempted before but as usual everything on the farking internet gets too widely posted and counter-acted.

Sure the nod.000 is an archive containing either instruction, data, or the nodXXXX.nup files compressed.

I'm supposing ESET has their own compression/extraction routine only able to be used from NOD32 itself.

If someone out there has talent and LESS EGO...get yourself a VALID login and DO NOT SHARE IT.

Post the daily updated files inside a passworded .rar file and host it on some site like zshare.net or filefactory.com.

Then, code an app/patcher/updater free to public use which will retrieve the archive when pointed to the download archive, extract and replace.

Then ask your PC to reboot.

This solution probably could be coded by someone is under a day, would cost 0 bandwidth or hosting costs, and could easily be modified in the future.

i just setup a new computer in my home network,

slapped NOD32 along witht the 2.2 FiX, just as i was getting ready to put nod32 Version 3 on it,

it updated, i couldn belive it, so i took a screen shot

th_39139_ScreenShot2_122_830lo.jpg

The thing is, my other 4 computers will not update. Guess i will just have to wait a lil more.

JunkInternetMail

UPDATE:

update.ver contains some sort of authorization or password inside of it that permits the .000 and .002-.007 files to be downloaded and eventually extracted to /updfiles directory.

You can download update.ver here:

It might hang for awhile but eventually the download will work...this file can be opened using NOTEPAD.

Notice that any other .ver files cannot easily be opened and that thus far I haven't found any way to extract the .000-.007 files...

Update.ver must live on the eset servers for a reason and the jumbled code inside surely is valuable for some fix.

JunkInternetMail

@bjd

Yes, newly installed versions usually update faster as they have priority and are technically on their "1st day" of trial.

Naturally, ESET cannot block ALL trial versions.

Notice that engine0.nup does NOT exist anywhere on your PC. Instead it is renamed to hide its identity...

Where is it? Inside of /Program Files/ESET/updfiles/nodXXX.nup

If you make a video of NOD32 2.7 updating and monitor when the file name changes and @ what MB...

You can match the true file names with the obfuscated ones found in your /updfiles directory...

@bjd

Yes, newly installed versions usually update faster as they have priority and are technically on their "1st day" of trial.

Naturally, ESET cannot block ALL trial versions.

Notice that engine0.nup does NOT exist anywhere on your PC. Instead it is renamed to hide its identity...

Where is it? Inside of /Program Files/ESET/updfiles/nodXXX.nup

If you make a video of NOD32 2.7 updating and monitor when the file name changes and @ what MB...

You can match the true file names with the obfuscated ones found in your /updfiles directory...

ahhh-

so in theory, if i uninstall it on all my computers, then reinstall, i should get the updates quicker?? "in theory"??

very interesting stuff :notworthy:

Well, i just tested that "theory" , and it WORKS,

so if you have version 2.7, with the fix

uninstall then reinstall,

here is a screen shot of a XP machine that was NOT updating,(stuck on 3301)

uninstalled the fix and NOD, reinstalled and pressed update like 10 times and PRESTO!!

th_43632_ScreenShot2_122_435lo.jpg

Used u40.eset server and pressed the update button like 20 times, it said it's up to date which is BS because i resinstalled and had no signature database at all, but it updated now and it's good so basically KEEP pressing the update button.

Used u40.eset server and pressed the update button like 20 times, it said it's up to date which is BS because i resinstalled and had no signature database at all, but it updated now and it's good so basically KEEP pressing the update button.

Yup, i just finished on the last computer of mine, my vista machine,

took like 30 clicks , but it worked.

th_39723_ScreenShot2_122_614lo.jpg

Wow, it really did work! It took me more than 30 clicks for it to happen though with that server. My virus signature database is currently at 3341 build 13408. What should the sig database be at currently?

Yup, i just finished on the last computer of mine, my vista machine,

took like 30 clicks , but it worked.

th_39723_ScreenShot2_122_614lo.jpg

Archived