NOD32 2.7 - no more updates?

Robert

I've been using the NOD32 2.70 for awhile with the NSANE 2.2 fix and I haven't been getting updates for a few days on all my machines. Did they figure it out or stop the "trial" virus updates on version 2.7? It runs better than the new 3.0 version, so I'd rather not jump ship unless I have to.

• Replies 59
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

A large (11mb) has been issued for v2 users. It will take a while to get it to you. Trial/ v2 has lower priority than v3/ paid users.

;)

I've been using the NOD32 2.70 for awhile with the NSANE 2.2 fix and I haven't been getting updates for a few days on all my machines. Did they figure it out or stop the "trial" virus updates on version 2.7? It runs better than the new 3.0 version, so I'd rather not jump ship unless I have to.

you should ask, "where is the 2.3 rar file?" that made things automatic

A large (11mb) has been issued for v2 users. It will take a while to get it to you. Trial/ v2 has lower priority than v3/ paid users.

Wait or install v3.0.669, it update well.

Using it on another pc, this version seem to work very well (in term of scanning speed). As well as v2.7, it seem.

Try it!

So we should just wait then? Mine hasn't updated since 7/27.

Yes, that right - the last definition (3301) was rolled out on 27th July 2008.

So we should just wait then? Mine hasn't updated since 7/27.

Yes, that right - the last definition (3301) was rolled out on 27th July 2008.

Hey Noddy,

Why not try out v3.0.669, it is as good as 2.7 in term of scanning and loading pages.

I am now using on another pc and find it OK.

Thinking of using this version on the rest of my pc....I have 3 pc by the way.

:D

Hey Noddy,

Why not try out v3.0.669, it is as good as 2.7 in term of scanning and loading pages.

:lol:

Hi there, kotaxor,

Thanks for posting in your findings on V3 - and sure, I'll install 3.0.669 tonight (coincidentally, I've got 3 systems too.) So, finally it's going to have to be a tearful farewell to V2.

FundamenTos

Just click on the Update Now button. You may have to try a few times, but you'll get it eventually.

That's how I got it.

Hey Noddy,

;)

Hi there, kotaxor,

Thanks for posting in your findings on V3 - and sure, I'll install 3.0.669 tonight (coincidentally, I've got 3 systems too.) So, finally it's going to have to be a tearful farewell to V2.

I guess upgrading is the way to go! haha

Just click on the Update Now button. You may have to try a few times, but you'll get it eventually.

That's how I got it.

Do you remember what server did you use?

All says "No update necessary"

:dance2:

had to update to Nod 32fix 2.3.2 by b-effect and then it started to update again.

where can we find that fix ?

nm, found it at TPB

Tried that fix and no luck.

So it's a problem with the FIX or the ESET Servers?

As has been told many times before the ESET servers are at fault! Changing fix won't help, it might've looked like it helped for some of you, but it's just that you got lucky and got through to the server.

Thanks for the reply :dance2:

I was thinking on move to 3 (that's why asked for the best fix), but i'll wait a few more days to see if this gets resolved.

Thanks again

FundamenTos

That's how I got it.

Do you remember what server did you use?

All says "No update necessary"

:dance2:

Don't really remember the server. Sorry!

All I can tell you is to keep trying. I must've clicked the Update Now button 50 to 60 times before it finally started to download the update.

Tried that fix and no luck.

So it's a problem with the FIX or the ESET Servers?

The official word from the ESET folks is that update issue shall only affect cracked NOD32 V2 and those that are using Win 9x - updates to these 2 categories are being deliberately delayed by ESET.

Archived