Total Uninstall 6.0.0

anuraag

Supremo Phantom

looks like upgrading to TU6 right now is more of a pain than advantage with all these bugs. I have the key and setup downloaded but i think i will hold off removing TU5 for some time till these bugs get resolved. i am getting a strong feeling there are more silent updates that will follow.

• Replies 115
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tested. monitored program still there.

or you can backup Monitored Programs folder and import.

Making a backup of the Monitored Programs folder is enough? Then just copy the folder and overwrite..?

I'm asking because I want to uninstall version 5 definitely, to avoid problems of having two versions installed on system.

=]

looks like upgrading to TU6 right now is more of a pain than advantage with all these bugs. I have the key and setup downloaded but i think i will hold off removing TU5 for some time till these bugs get resolved. i am getting a strong feeling there are more silent updates that will follow.

Really, I'm getting afraid about installing version 6. Firstly, because the site martau.com not even talking about version 6. Secondly, and even more importantly, the number of reported bugs, which to me is more like a Beta of that Final.

Making a backup of the Monitored Programs folder is enough? Then just copy the folder and overwrite..?

I'm asking because I want to uninstall version 5 definitely, to avoid problems of having two versions installed on system.

If copying folder don't work than Import using tu6 program.

Tested both here. Working.

If copying folder don't work than Import using tu6 program.

You talk to import using the TU5 as image below (html file):

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then import using the TU6?!

anuraag, you have both versions installed? =]

By the author on their forum..

The setup was rebuilt and the premature trial expiration was solved, we think.

Please re-download, install and confirm or not here.

http://www.martau.co...s/tu_setup.exe.

I have 5.10.3 and TU 6 installed without any probs, yes TU 6 will get plenty of updates due to numerous bugs.

@thylacine

Regarding greyed out updates option here is the answer by Martau on his forum:

"Check manually this page using another computer:

http://www.martau.com/tu_releasehistory.php

When is the case, download the new version from the download page and install it over existing version. So, you don't have to connect online the computer just for TU.

As long as the computer is offline the check for updates option has no use and is disabled. If the program detects Internet access will enable the option."

It was selectable after fresh install. after applying the key, it doesnt work. :wtf:

Same here
found out this is by "design" from martau:

As long as the computer is offline the check for updates option has no use and is disabled. If the program detects Internet access will enable the option.

*edit: thanks anuseems, just found out that too :)

I have 5.10.3 and TU 6 installed without any probs, yes TU 6 will get plenty of updates due to numerous bugs.

Thanks for info, anuseems. I think I'll wait a little longer before installing the TU6. But as the question of the programs monitored on TU5 to TU6?

@hjsc

your question is answered above : post 54.

Installer has been updated. 5KB increased

By the author on their forum..

The setup was rebuilt and the premature trial expiration was solved, we think.

Please re-download, install and confirm or not here.

Thanks for the info. Premature trial expiration was solved, also I'm able to upgrade my previously purchased serial now for free (since bought after 1.1.2011)

Uninstalled v.5.10.3 that was working very well and installed v. 6.0.0 and registration works well with key provided by AftarJjet .

None problem found, ( Mine is WinXP Pro SP3 x86 ) and in fact this new version works much faster. Now, if some of you are talking about bugs there will be some updates and if v.5.10.3 was working fine, why change right now ? Why not wait for those possible updates. I know v.5.10.3 didnt cause problems to my system ... Better stick with previous 5.10.3 for now. :)

Uninstalled v.5.10.3 that was working very well and installed v. 6.0.0 and registration works well with key provided by AftarJjet .

None problem found, ( Mine is WinXP Pro SP3 x86 ) and in fact this new version works much faster. Now, if some of you are talking about bugs there will be some updates and if v.5.10.3 was working fine, why change right now ? Why not wait for those possible updates. I know v.5.10.3 didnt cause problems to my system ... Better stick with previous 5.10.3 for now. :)

I agree with you jofre. I will follow your advice.

=]

latest virustotal report of TUAgent.exe from TU 6 :

SHA256: acbf5cb51a80fcad3b59d07593fbfdf3e3bd8cc4565559d585e8930931adc78c

File name: TuAgent.exe

Detection ratio: 4 / 42

Analysis date: 2012-04-05 05:11:43 UTC ( 1 minute ago )

https://www.virustotal.com/file/acbf5cb51a80fcad3b59d07593fbfdf3e3bd8cc4565559d585e8930931adc78c/analysis/1333602703/

Supremo Phantom

OK, so i decided to risk it anyways ...

did a normal uninstall of TU5, and when it prompted to retain settings if planning to upgrade, I said yes and continued with the uninstall. then disconnected the internet and did a normal install of TU6 using the latest current installer from the website (refer post#44) and then without registering rebooted once. then first blocked both tu.exe and tuagent.exe in my norton firewall, and then launched the program and registered it, went ahead just fine, and has been working so far after multiple restart of application.

so, i guess, so far so good. and they have not released any updated installer as yet, so i guess the last one is ok to use. lets see.

EDIT:

and i rebooted the system, and restarted the app, still registered. OK, so I am formally upgraded to TU6.

BTW, has anyone tried the method of extending the trial version as given by HALiD in post#16. i doubt that will work, coz i don't think TU has reg info stored as hlp files or help\\ ..entries.

can someone who has tested this confirm pls.

Register offline with TU and dependents fully blocked. Still no success if, then uninstall and reinstall.

Supremo Phantom

I am guessing you missed blocking internet access to the application... try again, it is still working. I just installed it using the latest setup and same key.

@Supremo Phantom

installer was updated and size was increased by 5kb. Details mentioned above, taken from Martau.

Supremo Phantom

@anuseems,

I know about the updated installer :) .. pls see my post # 68 above where i referred to post #44 about the updated installer with CRC 012EA993, i just downloaded the setup from their site today, and its still the same setup (same CRC) and i used that with the available key, and it worked just fine for me here.

I have given details on how I went ahead with the install here. BTW, i am using Win 7 with SP1, 32-bit .. if that helps.

TU has always been the pain. Since its such a quality s/ware its very difficult to have our comps without it.If everyone follows the simple steps mentioned above one can easily have the genuine program working and all installation queries should cease.

The updated installer contains some crash fixes

BTW, has anyone tried the method of extending the trial version as given by HALiD in post#16. i doubt that will work, coz i don't think TU has reg info stored as hlp files or help\\ ..entries.

can someone who has tested this confirm pls.

Its working here

When i installed TU 6 than it told me that your trial period expired.

Than i deleted those help registry and i got 30days trial.

I try all the steps but still no luck here. It said Licensed at the bottom but when I go to about, it will just say unlicensed. This is with the internet turn off. I try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again but still same issue :(

Archived