Which System Maintenance / Optimization Utility do you prefer ? (II)

rudrax

System Utiltiy   

133 members have voted

1. 1. and you use ...

• Tune UP Utilities
    • Yamicsoft Win 8 / 7 / Vista / XP Manager
    • Advanced System Care
    • Glary Utlities
    • Ashampoo Win Optimizer
    • 360 Amigo System Speed Up
    • JV16 Power Tools
    • Auslogics Boost Speed
    • Comodo System Utilities
    • Ace Utilties
    • CCleaner
    • Speedup my PC pro
    • Advanced PC Tweaker
    • WinZIP system utilities suit
    • Some Other Suite
    • A Mix of these or a mix of some other Individual Apps
    • Dont use any . they all are Crap . I Tweak / Clean myself , whatever i want to .
    • Nothing , Just let the System Run as it is .
  2. 2. How often do you run the Cleaners ?

3. 3. Do you notice a system performance improvement after running these ?

• Replies 31
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CCleaner and Diskeeper for me. I don't notice much of a different, but I trust that they are doing what they are supposed to do.

BoostSpeed ->weekly

TuneUp ->in idle

CCleaner with enhancer ->daily

Result ; TOP performance and pretty fast :)

CCleaner and Diskeeper for me. I don't notice much of a different, but I trust that they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Yeah, the difference isn't immediately visible for people who do take care of their systems periodically. If you don't do that, I think you will notice a steady deterioration of system speed in a few months time. You'll notice the difference the moment you format re-install the OS.

IMO, the only things that do really make a difference over a period of time are cleaning the browser cache and defragging (if you still have a mechanical drive, that is). Along with that turning off unnecessary startup items, stopping RAM consuming services and deleting unnecessary scheduled tasks do help. But again, the difference will be more noticeable over a period of time, not necessarily immediately.

2 PC's with identical hardware configuration installed on exactly the same day will prolly behave entirely differently a year down the line depending on the kind of care it has received IMO.

• 1 month later...

I've recently re-started my search for a good system maintainer, after years of using jv16. jv16 is the best as far as registry cleaning goes. Unfortunately, as i ran Ccleaner for temp and history (jv16 sucks in that regard - or so I've always found, maybe I've set it up wrong?), and the deinstaller is simply outdated when compared to standalone software, and I tested out many of the suites out there. I wanted a light cleaner with the accent on registry and junk cleaning. It's wothout a doubt JetClean. Clean registry, shortcuts, windows junk and optimises ram in one click. Also has a feature full pack of tools (which i do not use), like registry and disk defrag, internet and performance booster, startup edit, uninstaller, but those are weak. And unnecessary for me. So if anyone wants - try it.

A good one also is SlimCleaner - like CCleaner with a cloud database for additional apps. Has a weak reg scanner though.

Archived