Which System Maintenance / Optimization Utility do you prefer ? (II)

rudrax

System Utiltiy   

133 members have voted

1. 1. and you use ...

• Tune UP Utilities
    • Yamicsoft Win 8 / 7 / Vista / XP Manager
    • Advanced System Care
    • Glary Utlities
    • Ashampoo Win Optimizer
    • 360 Amigo System Speed Up
    • JV16 Power Tools
    • Auslogics Boost Speed
    • Comodo System Utilities
    • Ace Utilties
    • CCleaner
    • Speedup my PC pro
    • Advanced PC Tweaker
    • WinZIP system utilities suit
    • Some Other Suite
    • A Mix of these or a mix of some other Individual Apps
    • Dont use any . they all are Crap . I Tweak / Clean myself , whatever i want to .
    • Nothing , Just let the System Run as it is .
  2. 2. How often do you run the Cleaners ?

3. 3. Do you notice a system performance improvement after running these ?

I am seeking comments from those who have tried all this or from him who tried one of the above or any other beside them and shocked with its performance.

• Replies 31
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Advanced System Care IMO :)

Ccleaner though, when properly configured, is all you'll ever need.

Must admit that I've not used all of them. Hence, my comments are limited to the following ones that I run on my system:-

• Windows 7 Manager
  • TuneUp Utilities
  • CCleaner
  • Glary Utilities

Firstly, I believe that out of the 4 above, CCleaner is not really a tweaker - it's a cleaner

Secondly I'm using all of the above-mentioned as they complement each other.

Windows 7 Manager is the # 1 for me. That doesn't stop me from using TuneUp, too since the overlap in tweaks are quite less.

Glary Utilities is quite a disappointment and cannot hold a candle to the other 2 tweakers and this post reminds me that I meant to uninstall it and forgot all about it.

Tuneup Utlities

Glary Utilities

Windows 7 Manager

Advanced PC Tweaker

Speedup my PC pro

Comodo system cleaner

Ccleaner

Auslogics BoostSpeed

WinZIP system utilities suit

I am seeking comments from those who have tried all this or from him who tried one of the above or any other beside them and shocked with its performance.

i used all the mentioned apps except for Winzip System Utilities Suit and i can tell you that Auslogics BootSpeed is the best

Well, this topic has changed completely since I first posted. Since this is a poll thread now, I've voted only 'bout the ones that I use now. I have tried a few others like Comodo, Tune up, and frankly, Comodo at that stage wasn't ready for prime time and Tuneup just mollycoddles you. Really annoying. Best used by newbies.

Try out Ashampoo, JV16 and Auslogics for sure. With JV16, though some might feel a little lost, I love just how configurable it is. And I must admit, Norton utilities ain't half bad either :P

Once a week or two, I'll prolly run ASC. On a daily basis, I use Ccleaner before shutting down to get rid of the temp files, cookies etc. I do make it a point though to save the cookies from sites like nsane, Gmail etc. along with a few online shopping sites like so that I don't have to log in everyday. I also make it a point not to clean my web history so that auto-complete comes in handy :)

• Administrator

Thanks to DKT27 for this nice edit..

Actually, it was anuraag. I only fixed some minor things (later). :)

My preference:

Windows 7 Manager

Glary Utlities

JV16

CCleaner

hmmm....

same poll i started some time back , but restarted with some new choices .. :think:

ok , as for my choice .

i use CCleaner powered with CCEnhancer once in two weeks or just when ever i feel like .

JV16 power tools once in 3 or 4 months or when trying to FIX some errors or when some urgent home cleaning and tweaking fiddling required .

System Ninja . excellent little tool . cleans away a lot of a junk left away by other softwares . from the developers of CCEnhancer .!

thats it .

and as for system performance improvement , well its mostly a Placebo effect .

nothing like the system suddenly becomes a Ninja after using these , but a slight improvement is noticeable in things which do get clogged up with time , like the Browsers !

rest whole system more or less is the same donkey you keep pulling through .

for registry cleaners , again , nothing like a new turbo charged system .

but yes it does help to fix some errors .

one thing i use with the registry is Defragment it and keep it compressed . this sure does help keep the system running a lil better .

as for tweaking i never used any of the mentioned programs any time recently .

some time , actually quite some time back used Tune Up ( its good ) , Advanced System Care ( used to be good , but now looks similar to Tune Up and is some what kind of bloated ) , Yamicasoft ( good one ) .

unless you are running an old PC with a cranky CPU and a limited RAM , the tweaks available in the programs might help you to have a better system ,

but for most modern computers , i have never seen any difference in performance .

on the contrary it can itself cause some problems .say you used the "services" optimizer tool in the program , and now your printer is not working .

obviously it wont , because you turned off the printer spool service .!

most of the users dont know what to turn off or what to turn on .!

just an example ...

i like to go for tweaks which are some what more obvious . security and visual.

like turning off the "Auto Play " , customizing and tweaking the visual display time and settings and stuff like that .

just my 2 cents :)

@majithia23

unless you are running an old PC with a cranky CPU and a limited RAM , the tweaks available in the programs might help you to have a better system ,

but for most modern computers , i have never seen any difference in performance .

TRUE

Advanced SystemCare v.3 was much better then the latest once. On the other hand, Tuneup Utilities also very good, but I prefer the older version. My choice regards to Ccleaner as the best.

@majithia23

TRUE

Those who know how to configure these utilities will always see a boost in performance irrespective of whether their system is modern or a dinosaur. 8)

@majithia23

TRUE

Those who know how to configure these utilities will always see a boost in performance irrespective of whether their system is modern or a dinosaur. 8)
yeah 0.001% boost somewhat..you are smart enough to notice that B)

@majithia23

TRUE

Can quite easily see a performance boost on my Core i7 2600k overclocked to the optimum with 16GBs of RAM (overclocked, too.) If that's not modern enough, then I probably don't what else is. :dunno: However, don't know how you arrived at that measurement of 0.001 % boost (obviously, I'm missing out on something really very smart.)

BTW, when the tweaks are disabled, the performance falls drastically.

@majithia23

TRUE

Can quite easily see a performance boost on my Core i7 2600k overclocked to the optimum with 16GBs of RAM (overclocked, too.) If that's not modern enough, then I probably don't what else is. :dunno: However, don't know how you arrived at that measurement of 0.001 % boost (obviously, I'm missing out on something really very smart.)

wow you can see the performance improvement in your server type config..its making me more curious about you..even I can't see anything improving in my i3-350m with 3gigs of RAM (not overclocked because I can't, not supported too :s ).

BTW, I installed them because I want it to tweak so Why would I disable the tweak?

And you are right, performance improves, me just was teasing you :P

unlikely n questionable ..... :think:

which program did you use and what all did you tweak with it ?

unlikely n questionable ..... :think:

Enable advanced SATA functions

Auto ReStart shell

Force auto .DLL unload

Disable Search Indexer while enabling file & content search

Disassociate .CAB and other archives from Windows

Disable Compatibility Assistant

Disable UAC

Set AHCI after Windows installation with IDE

Override the amount of RAM that Windows limits automatically towards I/O operations

Setting the L2 cache that Windows neglects, by default

Disable group policy at Windows startup

Disable Windows logging

Disable disk scanning at Windows startup

Auto shutdown non-responding programs

Reduce wait time to kill applications

Reduce wait time to kill error dialog boxes

Disable Windows defender & other unnecessary startup startups

Disable unnecessary services

Disable unnecessary task schedules

Maximize transmission of unit size

Set timeout for TCP/IP

Delimit bandwith

Delimit QoS packets

Enable onboard processor of the network adapter

Enable SackOpts

Enable large TCP window support

Edit Hosts

Customize visual and graphical display

Finetune browsers

Enhance pointer scroll lines and snap to default option

Curtail context menu

etc., etc. (to name just a few)

Check back on my first post of this thread

BTW, I installed them because I want it to tweak so Why would I disable the tweak?

Right, wasn't referring to you. Just meant that I tried disabling those tweaks and took a hit on nightwolf's Reboot Time test.

And you are right, performance improves, me just was teasing you :P

Hey, I'm quite cool about that, man :)

visualbuffs

1st : Yamicsoft Windows Manager

2nd : Ccleaner 3

3rd : WinAso Registry Optimizer 4

4th : Ace Utilities

5th: tuneup utilities 2012

6th: auslogics boostspeed!

thats my favorite!!

I have tested almost all of above-mentioned products in first post and all of them has disappointed me in some ways except Toolwiz Care and Glary Utilities. I use Toolwiz in my Laptop and Glary Utilities in my PC and I'm very satisfied with them. The main characteristics of these two products are that they are safe and free. I recommend everyone to try Toolwiz Care. It's a wonderful and new product with a lot of features and more importantly it's very safe.Moreover, it has gained a lot of positive reviews from users in Cnet.

1st : Ccleaner 3

2nd : Yamicsoft Windows Manager

Archived