NVIDIA Folders in C: and Pictures

Knightmare

I have two folders made by NVIDIA during the last update. I knew about the C: folder, but I didn't know that it would create a folder in My Pictures. Can I delete these two folders or will that damage the driver?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just deleted the c:\nvidia folder. It extracts the content to there by default before install. I've also got an empty 3D Vision Experience folder in my pictures folder.

Safe to delete both I will say.

Its safe.

If you are using ccleaner with ccenhancer/winapp.ini you will get option to delete those folders.

Its safe.

If you are using ccleaner with ccenhancer/winapp.ini you will get option to delete those folders.

:) agree

C:\NVIDIA <---- DEL.

I am pretty sure the creation of the nVidia folder in MyPictures is due to the installation of the stereoscopic/3D component of the nVidia drivers update. Also If you dont have a 3D/stereoscopic device you can uninstall these 2 entries in add/remove programs. This component also adds 2 more processes to your startup that nobody without 3D device needs. g/l

you could also see my reply(#13) to this topic here: http://www.nsaneforu...__fromsearch__1

but yes both dir can be safely deleted.

Archived