Advice for hiding yourself on the Internet...

YMatrix

Heya!

Like most people I do some downloading, surf the web and have a great time.

Since all the SOPA, ACTA and other bills making the internet a dangerous place to be seen and hear, I was wondering which would be the best tool to use to hide yourself?

I mean, there are many tools out there, from the IPFilter updater for utorrent, till the big software that protects all your browsing like PeerBlock, Blocklist Manager and many other proxy tools and VPN's.

Some tools are free, some aren't. Some are easy to configure others have more advanced options.

So my question is, what would be the best tool you could advise for hiding yourself on the internet?

Thanks,

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy a dedicated or vps, install openvpn server, wipe logs/records on a regular basis.

But do not forget you must select a good/bulletproof alike company. (Check out the high level torrent sites, cyber criminal sites(lol) etc)

And of course this will be cost too much money..

Or just get a vpn service: http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-providers-really-take-anonymity-seriously-111007/

But who knows about logs.. Just words..

If you want a be a ghost on the internet you have to spend some money..

Cracking wifi's, uncapping modems may be an free* option, but there is the danger :#

What about all the free software out there?

There are a lot of free VPN options out there......

And also what about software Peerbloock, Blacklist manager and so on?

Well if you are using public P2P you must wanna use that kind of apps. But as you know they are just a fw/ipfilter.

I don't trust freevpn's and i do not use sensitive information while using free vpn services. (Payment gateways, e-wallets, logins etc.)

Also many people use it freevpns for malicious purposes.

Archived