Comodo Firewall or Online Armor Free

LoKz

Comodo Firewall or Online Armor Free both of them have good results and reviews but cant seem to make my mind set on witch firewall to get i would try another difrent firewall for example something like Kaspersky Internet Security or ESET Smart Security but i heard good things about Comodo Firewall & Online Armor Free... :rockon: :P so i am just curious on what ya half to say about this.... :rockon:

• Replies 53
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're both great firewall options, but ultimately it would be your own decision.

You may feel comfortable using one rather than the other. You may find the learning curve on one much more easier than the other. You may also find conflicts with other applications on your system that no one here could replicate, as it all depends on what you have on your system although this doesn't seem to be a problem much these days. I only speak from experience from using a certain firewall many years ago, which conflicted with multiple applications, although this obviously didn't affect everyone as my setup was unique.

I'm currently using Comodo and find it extremely easy to use, and very good at its job. I've yet to try Online Armor but that is only because I'm happy with what I'm running and have been for some time. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! :P

Thank you Samurai for the reply :P would you recommend an anti virus with this?... that will work good with both programs?

*btw i desided to give comodo a try :rockon:

• Administrator

Most anti-virus software will work with either application.

Kaspersky and NOD32 seem to be the most popular anti-virus software's around here, so maybe you should try either of those.

I have Eset NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.650.0 and Online Armor Free 2.1.0.119, and both works awesome!!!!!!!!!

I have Eset NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.650.0 and Online Armor Free 2.1.0.119, and both works awesome!!!!!!!!!

Would EAV and Comodo or Online Armor Free use less resources than ESS does? I know that combination will do a better job, but i'm only thinking performance wise.

Ok i uninstalled Comodo because it gives out alot of warning and its like windows vista :rofl: but i have xp B) anyways i might give Kaspersky Internet Security or ESET Smart Security a try and see witch one is better :party: since i dont know if i wanna try Online Armor Free :think: i might....

What kind of warnings? It all depends what you want the firewall to do, and whether "Defense+" has been enabled.

You do have the option of choosing "Firewall Only" upon initial installation, but as for the warnings I can only think of the first time an application needs to access the Internet. In this case, you only need to choose what you need to do and that's it (as long as you choose to let Comodo, and most other firewalls, know this) when you choose to allow or block. If this is what you're talking about, you've uninstalled for the wrong reasons. Many firewalls act this way.

As for anti-virus, I've been using Kaspersky and find it extremely good at its job B)

talakitok

uhmmm...so?..wats good??...Comodo Firewall or Online Armor Free??... which do u prefer..but i want a firewall that does not use to much mem... B)

i would go with Comodo B) and as for the warning i mean it always ask me to accept unblock and stuff gets annoying lol :think: and i will give Kaspersky a try with my Peer Guardian 2 :party: btw i tryed installing Online Armor Free and i stoped in in the process where it ask me to scan system and stuff and whent with comodo because most of nsane staff use it :rofl: should i just use Kaspersky and its firewall?.. or Comodo and Kaspersky since comodo has good defense and antivirus alone... ;)

zombiegod
i would go with Comodo B) and as for the warning i mean it always ask me to accept unblock and stuff gets annoying lol :think: and i will give Kaspersky a try with my Peer Guardian 2 :party: btw i tryed installing Online Armor Free and i stoped in in the process where it ask me to scan system and stuff and whent with comodo because most of nsane staff use it :rofl: should i just use Kaspersky and its firewall?.. or Comodo and Kaspersky since comodo has good defense and antivirus alone... ;)

As long as you turn off Defense + which can be a real pain, as it nags you at every opportunity you won't go far wrong with either Comodo or Online Armour.

Online Armour is IMHO even more user friendly with its GUI, and basic than Comodo. But for some reason (for the present time at least) I've gone back Comodo.

I think it's because Online Armour has released one or two builds that should never have even been released. Although fixed versions quickly followed I did feel either less secure, or that my time installing a faulty build had been a waste of time.

einstürzende

ComodoFP needs good configuration and some time for understanding D+ power and capabilities.

Im currently running it without any AV/AS and I never feel more secure and my system more lighter.

D+ does not deserve to be disabled, its power needs understanding...

BTW, if you disable D+ you will have very poor security, almost nothing (just packet filter), something like useless ESET firewall

ESET Freak

Would EAV and Comodo or Online Armor Free use less resources than ESS does? I know that combination will do a better job, but i'm only thinking performance wise.

I'm using ESS 3.0.642 + Comodo and it works fine. It doesn't take up lots of mem coz CFP just take abt 10MB...

I'm using ESS 3.0.642 + Comodo and it works fine. It doesn't take up lots of mem coz CFP just take abt 10MB...

I think you mean EAV + Comodo, because two firewalls wouldn't be a to good idea. Ah well, you could have the firewall of ESS disabled, but what added value does ESS have over EAV when firewall is disabled? Antispam module? Or does EAV include that too?

But i just want raw numbers... If available. I think i could give Comodo a try... But i don't want to spend a lot of time configuring it :dance2: So i guess that's why i stick with ESS and it's interactive mode.

Comodo Firewall or Online Armor Free both of them have good results and reviews but cant seem to make my mind set on witch firewall to get i would try another difrent firewall for example something like Kaspersky Internet Security or ESET Smart Security but i heard good things about Comodo Firewall & Online Armor Free... :sneaky: :D so i am just curious on what ya half to say about this.... :blink:

http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php

After having gone through the firewall ratings at the above site, have just uninstalled ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.473.000 and am trying out Online Armor 2.1.0.131 (Free Edition) first impression was that it's a very silent operator (this is one firewall that Newbies will love) as it allows one to pre-configure all .exe files on one's sytem at the time of installation and also honours these user configurations.

Had also tried Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.22.349 but hated all those incessant pop-ups which have a mind of their own (very irritating this behaviour) especially when one is installing some software.

BTW, I'd be most obliged if somebody is willing to share a link to the paid version of Online Armor 2.1.0.131 - the free version, itself is quite impressive.

Noddy: Don't have the full version, but this is the name of the cracked release: Online Armor 2.1.0.131.WinAll.Cracked-ENGiNE

I think someone might just be able to find that for you. Don't bother trying the torrent at TPB, it doesn't include the crack as stated in the comments.

Noddy: Don't have the full version, but this is the name of the cracked release: Online Armor 2.1.0.131.WinAll.Cracked-ENGiNE

Hey Shought, thanks for the tip.

Don't bother trying the torrent at TPB, it doesn't include the crack as stated in the comments.

Yeah, I know - was at 'The Pirate Bay' yesterday, downloading that stupid torrent and my NOD32 2.70.39 failed to detect the 'adware' packed into the setup file. Just happened to glimpse a comment from somebody whose avast! happened to have detected a 'Trojan.' Only when I extracted the file with WinRAR, did NOD32 warn me about the 'adware.' The crack was not included as you rightly mention and the 'hole in the ass' who uploaded this file has posted the free version instead of the trial one.

• 1 month later...

Had also tried Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.22.349 but hated all those incessant pop-ups which have a mind of their own (very irritating this behaviour) especially when one is installing some software.

The drop in the ranking of Online Armor prompted me to tryout Comodo once again and I've shifted my loyalties now after having initially posted in favor of Online Armor (nearly a month ago) - the latest Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.25.378 release (with Defense +) has taken a significant leap forward (pop-ups have now been reduced dramatically since I last used it.) This transformation has been taken note of and discussed at various sites & forums.

Look forward to a better offering from Online Armor (hopefully the paid version.)

spasserfan

I use Comodo Firewall Pro and is very happy with it. As antivirus I am using NOD32, but plan to use CAVS3 (Comodo Anti virus/spyware) when it is released (you cannot compare with CAVS2 because that is a discontinued product, comodo was disappointed with it and chose to completely rewrite the engine in CAVS3). Actually I plan to Use CIS (Comodo Internet Suite), which is modular, meaning that you can choose exactly which features you want.

(...)

As long as you turn off Defense + which can be a real pain, as it nags you at every opportunity you won't go far wrong with either Comodo or Online Armour.

Online Armour is IMHO even more user friendly with its GUI, and basic than Comodo. But for some reason (for the present time at least) I've gone back Comodo.

I think it's because Online Armour has released one or two builds that should never have even been released. Although fixed versions quickly followed I did feel either less secure, or that my time installing a faulty build had been a waste of time.

That is why there is an option to switch defense+ to install mode (in the popup tick "treat application as" and choose "installer or updater"), then all popups related to the installer is gone, and afterwards you just answer the popups.

Another important thing to do is using the option "trusted application" (= allow all. Remember that there is difference between the defense + alert and the firewall alert, choosing trusted in one doesn't mean automatically chosing it in the other) and "remember my answer"

49072640kr1.jpg I unistalled it because i wanted to tr a difrent firewall and when i come and check... i see this... I dont know what to do to delete it..

lal krishna

I think someone might just be able to find that for you. Don't bother trying the torrent at TPB, it doesn't include the crack as stated in the comments.

I think that NFO is a fake.The Only release so far from ENGiNE is "Online Armor v1.1.1.826 Bilingual crack by ENGiNE",and that is an old version.

The Only release so far from ENGiNE is "Online Armor v1.1.1.826 Bilingual crack by ENGiNE",and that is an old version.

If you come come across a 'crack' for the paid version of Online Armor Personal 2.1.0.131, I'm always interested.

Archived