Antivirus test requests

darko999

Yeah.Even I took it for a spin with malware black list and malc0de and it caught each and every one.It even rivalled Norton once in my testing

You're talking about McAfee?

• Replies 45
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah.Even I took it for a spin with malware black list and malc0de and it caught each and every one.It even rivalled Norton once in my testing

You're talking about McAfee?

Yeah.Its detection rate was very good in tests.But I agree it has no proactive protection whatsoever

Well just to make it clear, I got no point in cheating these test, I been using ESET plus Emsisoft my entire life I could easily put a 10 to ESET but there is no reason for that, I tested Macfee with 20 very very fresh malware samples, some of then just about minutes of being uploaded to mirrors, the video is also available as well as in the other av test, maybe you have Macfee with custom settings, but I don't think so since there is not that much to customize, I can do the test again if you want.

PD: The samples you requested will be linked tomorrow at the same time the next test will be submited.

Well just to make it clear, I got no point in cheating these test, I been using ESET plus Emsisoft my entire life I could easily put a 10 to ESET but there is no reason for that, I tested Macfee with 20 very very fresh malware samples, some of then just about minutes of being uploaded to mirrors, the video is also available as well as in the other av test, maybe you have Macfee with custom settings, but I don't think so since there is not that much to customize, I can do the test again if you want.

PD: The samples you requested will be linked tomorrow at the same time the next test will be submited.

I never said that you rigged the test results :) I know McAfee isn't perfect, and I'd like you to send me the samples so I can test it and see for myself how good McAfee is.

I never said that you rigged the test results :) I know McAfee isn't perfect, and I'd like you to send me the samples so I can test it and see for myself how good McAfee is.

You should try out the 2012 beta Mcafee.It has HIPS(Finally) and the scan engine seems better

I am pretty sure Norton will get the highest score in your tests.Its behaivoural detection smokes the other suites.There was a scareware called smart pc protection which I installed on my VM and I tried out pretty much all suites including McAfee,ESET,Bitdefender.Mcafee detected the executable file as Artemis and deleted it.When the scareware got installed though it cant remove it.Bitdefender,ESET all detected the executable but they all failed to remove the malware.Now I tried to remove it using Noron using 6 month old signatures and SONAR actually detected the running scareware and deleted it.I am srsly starting to think that if this keeps up Symantec may reach a 100% perfection soon :blink:

I am pretty sure Norton will get the highest score in your tests.Its behaivoural detection smokes the other suites.There was a scareware called smart pc protection which I installed on my VM and I tried out pretty much all suites including McAfee,ESET,Bitdefender.Mcafee detected the executable file as Artemis and deleted it.When the scareware got installed though it cant remove it.Bitdefender,ESET all detected the executable but they all failed to remove the malware.Now I tried to remove it using Noron using 6 month old signatures and SONAR actually detected the running scareware and deleted it.I am srsly starting to think that if this keeps up Symantec may reach a 100% perfection soon :blink:

Thanks for information given, I have tested NIS in the past and did an awesome work, lets see how does it performs this time ;D!

hey i got 4 years key for trend micro titanium internet security 2012, plz. test its reliability, i will be grateful :)

No problem, I will ;) keep watching !

hey darko MBAM is waiting you

:showoff:

-_-

thanks for your experience :rolleyes:

Thank you for your comment :D I'll add MBAM to queue, now I'm free so test would go on faster! keep watching :D

If you are coder I wouldn't recommend you EAM because it detects alot of small programs and for every programs you must add in exception/exclusion list, but for anyone who want top protection Emsisoft Anti-Malware and OAP are great combination, I am waiting for version 7 that shoud even less impact on system and be compatible with Windows 8, also Mamutu that is integrated into EAM is great tool for fighting against zero-day malwares, and OA will give you insight in every unusual behavior giving you very detailed information, also it contains tools to fight against keyloggers and alot more!

Only thing is that it doesn't contain sadbox, and if you tell him so, he will allow execution of potentially bad file!

There are some indication that version 7 (EIS) might contain integrated sandbox module, their own or some other company ( like sandboxie :P ) !

P.S. Also OAP for me is not yet optimized and it will cause headaches wiht constant popups and it will block all that you didn't whilelisted and for every new software, instalation there will be popup, and for every .exe and some .dll in instalation if you aren't enble instalation mode will be asked to confirm, also OAP is on memory very high and it slows down PC, and you will feel it !

Also, depending on all you have on HDD, first scan will last for 1h-3h ! :D

So best combination would be EAM + CF, that will solve auto sandbox problems and CF is much faster then OA !

Good reviews darko999 !

If you are coder I wouldn't recommend you EAM because it detects alot of small programs and for every programs you must add in exception/exclusion list, but for anyone who want top protection Emsisoft Anti-Malware and OAP are great combination, I am waiting for version 7 that shoud even less impact on system and be compatible with Windows 8, also Mamutu that is integrated into EAM is great tool for fighting against zero-day malwares, and OA will give you insight in every unusual behavior giving you very detailed information, also it contains tools to fight against keyloggers and alot more!

Only thing is that it doesn't contain sadbox, and if you tell him so, he will allow execution of potentially bad file!

There are some indication that version 7 (EIS) might contain integrated sandbox module, their own or some other company ( like sandboxie :P ) !

P.S. Also OAP for me is not yet optimized and it will cause headaches wiht constant popups and it will block all that you didn't whilelisted and for every new software, instalation there will be popup, and for every .exe and some .dll in instalation if you aren't enble instalation mode will be asked to confirm, also OAP is on memory very high and it slows down PC, and you will feel it !

Also, depending on all you have on HDD, first scan will last for 1h-3h ! :D

So best combination would be EAM + CF, that will solve auto sandbox problems and CF is much faster then OA !

Good reviews darko999 !

Thank you for your additional information, thats why I said its a bit user dependent, many pops up on default settings and yes I also said it, about false positives, but at the same time you gain a very high detection rate.

last request.please test zonealarm exteme security.zonealarm uses a modfied kaspersky engine.I a mcurious how it performs rellative to kaspersky

Norton won....AGAIN.I knew it :lol: .Its really amazing.Its SONAR can actually block latest threats with 6 month old signatures.Its like its a monopolist now

Always said Norton is the best in overall security and now you can see this test :) .

Most powerful security solution that contains everything you need for protection and fight against any kind of malicious software is only Kaspersky Internet Security, any security expert will tell you that, btw again Norton failed on MRG Effitas Online Banking Test and it FP rate is ridiculous...

Archived