Feds Shut Down Megaupload.com

jalaffa

It'll be a massive attack from Anonymous if file sharing sites began to be closed by feds.

• Replies 59
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I CANT BELIEVE THIS ! INJUSTICE ! INJUSTICE ! INJUSTICE ! INJUSTICE ! INJUSTICE ! INJUSTICE ! INJUSTICE ! INJUSTICE !

Feds Shutter Megaupload, Arrest Executives

The feds also say that over the last five years, PayPal has transferred more than $110 million in payments from users buying premium accounts that grant access to copyrighted works from “computer servers located around the world.” Non-premium customers could watch no more than 72 minutes of a video at a time, according to the indictment.

The feds also added that a number of those arrested, including Dotcom, uploaded and downloaded infringing material to Megaupload.

According to the indictment, the defendants generated revenue through subscriptions and online advertising. Subscriptions cost as “little as a few dollars a day” or $260 per lifetime. The indictment claimed the site took in $150 million in subscription fees overall and $25 million in advertising over a five-year period.

“Before any video can be viewed on Megavideo.com, the user must view an advertisement,” the indictment said.

The indictment says Megaupload did not host a search function on its site but instead relied on the sites that Dotcom owned and thousands of third-party “linking” sites pointing to copyrighted content on Megaupload. These third-party sites participated in the “uploader rewards” program and, according to the indictment, were paid “financial incentives” for their “linking” services.

Meantime, in what appears to be retaliation, an apparent DDoS protest by Anonymous, the websites Justice.gov, UniversalMusic.com and RIAA.com were all down Thursday afternoon.

(full article:

source)

OMG......this is beyond horrible! If this is how websites and people will be treated for standing up against mega corporations then this means obviously that no one is safe. NDAA officially made the entire world a battlefield, and I suppose that it might even expand out and into cyberspace too.

The next revolution that will happen is a WORLD WIDE revolution against a world wide dictatorship. Humanity is going to have to rise up and take down the giants in order to not be crushed by them eventually.

To President Obama (Cc my lawmakers):

You need to rein in your Department of Justice. First MegaUpload. Then Twitter? Google Docs?

Stop messing with the Internet: Kill SOPA and PIPA and end domain name seizures now!

Absolutely legitimate files hosted at megaUpload now are beyond my reach. Considering Data transfer and work efforts it taken to use this service- I'd love to know if you take any responsibility for effectively stealing technological advances of Free Internet and my personal work.

Will be short of pleasantries for good bye.

:evil:

people in the usa. please vote if you are legal to in nov 2012. vote the rhinos and dmeocrats all out. send this admin of illegal activities back to to what ever he calls him. bad enough he will get a check for the rest of his life. god i hate socailist elitest.

idk but this means other sites need to be on their toes for this matter we have alot of other free file hosting sites and they also might get taken out :/

yes this admin in the usa is breaking the law. what they ICE with the FBI is doing is illegal. if you are in teh usa and can vote. please vote one big azz mistake out and send his azz back to his home land

The "votes" in this country have not counted for ANYTHING since WW II.

Unfortunately, in our mighty quest of "freedom" and "democracy" we stuck our freakin' heads in the sand while coorperations bought thier way into office. It is now so corrupt, there simply is no way to fix it.

Everything in this life now is about money. If you wish to know.."How can they arrest someone in another country..." look at the money trail. In this country, the goverment hides more money than most small countries have. And where did we get it? From BIGGER countries and coorperations that have fingers ALL around the world. Everyone sat back and laughed years ago when we tried to tell you. Everyone said, "you are a conspiracy nut", or, "where is your proof". When the net came along, we got together, found proof, and GAVE IT TO EVERYONE. What did YOU do? Hit the delete key and sent it to the trash.

NOW you are outraged? Are you freakin' kidding me???

One more thing.......the network has never been...FREE. It was bought and paid for by the very same cooperations that you were warned about years ago. How the hell do you think it grew so fast??? Do you really think you made it grow?

Yup...time to wake up now.

As for me, I am ONE of a million or so that helped CREATE this nifty network. If it crashes tomorrow, that means the cooperations lose alot of money. I will be glad to see that.

:wtf: :wtf: Megaupload we will miss you!

kill all those against anti-piracy! :angry: :angry:

lol, new megaupload site is coming BACK:

http://megavideo.bz/

I am guessing they are trying to create some type of leverage or some kind of communication platform to the public so they can't be silenced.

GO MU GO.

thanks beer,cheers lol.

EDit: my browser gave me warning that it is a phising site!

thanks beer,cheers lol.

EDit: my browser gave me warning that it is a phising site!

Np man, but I am now getting that screen as well.

30 minutes ago when I accessed that site, it didn't show that forgery screen. Then BAM! it is now forgery.

Archived