Nsane.down app for android?

Olexijl

Guest jalaffa

Installed fine now :) Did it via that barcode image.

Unsure about which added value it provides versus simply browsing. Maybe that can be added later?

Cool initiative Olexijl!

jalaffa (via Mobil phone)

• Replies 38
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most apps provide little added value (in terms of functionality) over browsing some website, it's just that apps are (1) cool, (2) generally more 'streamlined' and (3) faster :)

grouchysmurf

Thank you for the link fix.

I have the file, and as soon as my phone is..umm..er..charged up I will

give the app a test drive :huh:

grouchysmurf

Ok. Posting this via my phone using the

very simple yet well done nsane app.

If you are a nsane junkie as I am, this

simple app is a must have. I had no trouble

with it. Using a motorola cliq.

Edit:

Back on the main keyboard now. I would like to suggest that any admin give this little app a try.

I downloaded it to my desktop, then used my data connection to move it to my sd card on my phone.

There are a few free installer programs on the market, just grab one to your phone and use it to

install the app...*POOF* Works just fine.

It is just a simple bookmark app that opens up your browser and loads nsane front page. There are two buttons one navigates to front page, the other navigates to the forum. As I said above, a must have for any nsane junkie.

Ok. Posting this via my phone using the

very simple yet well done nsane app.

If you are a nsane junkie as I am, this

simple app is a must have. I had no trouble

with it. Using a motorola cliq.

Thx. However you need to see following.

My simple app has a problem: if you are using it, you need to switch to mobile version of the forums. However when you logoff on the phone and are on your PC and login there, you see this mobile version setting stored. So this means you have to switch back to normal layout. Now back to your phone and login there - crap the layout setting stored with your account.

So what i mean: you need to switch between different layouts every time you are on your phone or not. That's the only minus. If this do not bother you - well i do not know how to avoid this - you can use it.

@jalaffa: May i ask you what was this "Guestaccount" you posted from your phone? That would be the solution.

I did not login to the site when on my phone. Mobile theme is preserved then (without messing with settings for your PC settings). But you don't get access to everything and can only post in a very few places in the forums.

grouchysmurf

Honestly, I did not really notice any difference.

Most websites are fubar even with mobile setting.

I signed in, both from my phone and from my system.

I did NOT switch to mobile site, instead I simply used the zoom

option to read what I wanted to read. my phone, although older,

attempts to make the site layout appear correct on my screen.

My system login showed no error in layout, nor does my phone.

So, I guess I just lucked out. I still recommend it. :)

@jalaffa: so that's it. Maybe i can do that too.

@Grouchysmurf...: Thx. My Galaxy S2 autofit as well. And i use the Zoom option as well. However i tried both, mobile version of the forum and usual layout + Zoom.

Works great.

Edit:

Back on the main keyboard now. I would like to suggest that any admin give this little app a try.

I downloaded it to my desktop, then used my data connection to move it to my sd card on my phone.

There are a few free installer programs on the market, just grab one to your phone and use it to

install the app...*POOF* Works just fine.

It is just a simple bookmark app that opens up your browser and loads nsane front page. There are two buttons one navigates to front page, the other navigates to the forum. As I said above, a must have for any nsane junkie.

Hmm.. That is not a bookmark app. Every app on android technically runs "for itself" in some sandbox. In this case, the browser is built-in to make it possible to run in sandbox.

About installers: i am unsure if this will work on Desire for shought, his Desire is S-ON and unrooted. Maybe he should try it, but if it works?

grouchysmurf

My phone is also unrooted. While the free installers do have ads,

they do work on installing aps from the sd card. And as far as decriptions go,

the app is basically a bookmark loader. It works simple and clean.

But you are correct in the sense that not all things work the same on all phones.

• 4 weeks later...

Just giving this a bump, but maybe this should

be offered in the Mobile news section?

• Administrator

Just giving this a bump, but maybe this should

be offered in the Mobile news section?

You mean? :)

Mobile News is just for news articles and such. ;)

Archived