AV Comparatives Performance Test anti-virus december 2011

maia

$4.99 to not see the word 'free' is worth it :P

• Replies 28
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@niharjhatn: Good point. AV vendors do work on improving startup and such, but nothing's transparent enough.

True, Comodo AV + Firewall + Defense+ is totally free. The paid version just offers extra services, etc.

Yeah, and it makes you wonder why other companies charge so much, at times for a fairly substandard product.

You see the same with PC games as well. People like to complain about piracy and so on, but I spend a s*** load of money during Steam sales etc

If the big vendors adopted philosophies of guys at comodo or the HUGE (!) number of linux distro devs the world would be a better place :P

I use AVG IS 2012 I cannot complain been using it since AVG 8.0 and never left it since. The early builds were RAM hogs even with a Core 2 Quad 2.6GHz with 4GB of DDR2, but slowly each build improved and as of now I am content that AVG IS 2012 is lighter and faster.

I noticed the difference immediately after upgrading from AVG IS 2011. I use both MBAM + AVG for my workstations protection. :D :showoff: :showoff2:

I use AVG IS 2012 I cannot complain been using it since AVG 8.0 and never left it since. The early builds were RAM hogs even with a Core 2 Quad 2.6GHz with 4GB of DDR2, but slowly each build improved and as of now I am content that AVG IS 2012 is lighter and faster.

I noticed the difference immediately after upgrading from AVG IS 2011. I use both MBAM + AVG for my workstations protection. :D :showoff: :showoff2:

Yes, I've too noticed improvements in the newer versions of AVG. It was my first ever AV :) but I have moved on from it to Norton now :)

Archived