Problem with installing ESS

shought

Guys i've got a problem with installing ESS on my laptop, i've had it on my laptop before and it worked but now none of the versions out there install(i had 621 now 630 and 636, they all don't install). First it says: Installing drivers, then suddenly it says (Rolling back operation).

The error i'm being given after that is:

Eset Smart Security setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified.

Saw one guy on the net had the same problem, he ended up reinstalling his WinXP SP2 and i'm not planning on doing that...

So my question: Anyone able to help me out here? Someone who has experienced this problem before? Solutions? Possible causes?

Any help is appreciated!

Things that i've already tried:

- I haven't got any other antivirus installed(not now, and not before. Only previous versions of NOD32 and ESS).

- Delete these registry keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESET and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET.

- Delete these folders: C:\Program Files\ESET, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET and C:\Documents and Settings\yOURnAME\Application Data\ESET.

- Disabled my Network Cards before installing.

- Made a log file(dutch with translation or fully translated to english) of the installation, i also have the setupapi.log file from windows. (Usman is still working on those)

- Uninstalled Spybot S&D

- Ran the Symantec removal tool

- Uninstalled windows life safety scanner

- Recovered my hosts file

- Deleted INFCACHE.1

I tried installing Eset NOD32 Antivirus and that did work, however i would still want to know how to install Smart Security because i'd rather have their firewall than Windows Firewall...

The problem has something to do with the epfw driver(eset personal firewall driver).

• Replies 68
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do this

delete these registry keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESET

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET

delete these folders

C:\ OR D:\Program Files\ESET

C:\ OR D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET

C:\ OR D:\Documents and Settings\yOURnAME\Application Data\ESET

AND ONE IMPORTANT THING PLEASE DISABLE TOU INTERNET OR LAN CRAD BEFORE INSTALLATION

AND ONE MORE THING DO YOU INSTALL ANY OTHER ANTIVIRUS

usman thanks for your reply, i'll try deleting those immediately but i have to go to school i a minute so i'll try to install ESS when i get back ;) Thanks very much, hope this helps!

Edit: No i haven't had any other antivirus installed.

I got some time to do it, installing ESS. But no luck, i did everything you mentioned and still it stops at 'Installing drivers'(or right after). I also noticed that 'Compiling data files' takes more time then the whole rest of the process(this is just before 'Installing drivers'), so that might have something to do with it too... Any ideas guys?

Installation file corrupt? or some otther appz prevent the drivers compiling? like spysweeper for exemple? Try redownload the thing. And Run CCleaner prior to install. Good luck.

i send you the link to download letest v636

when you going to install do this

Please , move the ESS's install file to the main C:\ drive (assume C:\ is the drive where your OS is installed)

Then goto Start->Run-> type cmd and press ENTER.

Type cd\ and press ENTER

type ess_nt32_enu.msi /lvx* installESS.log (for x86 system)

or

type ess_nt64_enu.msi /lvx* installESS.log (for x64 system)

and press ENTER

This will run the setup file with the parameters to make a detailed log file called installESS.log . It in the C:\

SEND THIS FILE TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS along with C:\Windows\setupapi.log file (send the 2 files as attachments)

Installation file corrupt? or some otther appz prevent the drivers compiling? like spysweeper for exemple? Try redownload the thing. And Run CCleaner prior to install. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply, but the only spyware thing i use is Spybot S&D and i don't think that prevents ESS from installing. I also tried redownloading the installer and used CCleaner before installation and i looked up the eset firewall drivers and deleted them from the windows/system32/drivers folder along with their registry keys.

Usman thanks for your suggestions, i'll try them as soon as i get home.

i send you the link to download letest v636

when you going to install do this

Please , move the ESS's install file to the main C:\ drive (assume C:\ is the drive where your OS is installed)

Then goto Start->Run-> type cmd and press ENTER.

Type cd\ and press ENTER

type ess_nt32_enu.msi /lvx* installESS.log (for x86 system)

or

type ess_nt64_enu.msi /lvx* installESS.log (for x64 system)

and press ENTER

This will run the setup file with the parameters to make a detailed log file called installESS.log . It in the C:\

SEND THIS FILE TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS along with C:\Windows\setupapi.log file (send the 2 files as attachments)

Did everything you said, the latest setup file still messes up. Sending you an email right now(to your email mentioned in your profile that is). Sorry to say but the setupapi.log file is dutch, i translated most of the lines for you and put them at the start of the file. If you need something more translated, just ask me.

Sorry to say but the setupapi.log file is dutch
No ESS for the dutch thats it !! :P

Hehe, they probably just don't like us... :sneaky:

i got the log wait 2 or 3 days i will tell you the problem

Thank you very much! :notworthy:

Will you be able to define the way to fix it too? If not others might, i hope. :rolleyes:

do you see same problem in english installer

if yes then please send me engilsh logs

i cannot understand dutch

do you see same problem in english installer

if yes then please send me engilsh logs

i cannot understand dutch

I used the installer you gave me the link for and i added translations to the start of the dutch log file. So yes i have the same problems with the english installer, but the log is in dutch anyway... If you need anything more translated ask me through a pm or here, i'm sorry but i can't think of any other way i could fix this...

I just translated and sent you the log file, if anyone else wants to check it out send me a pm with your email. I hope i did a good job translating.

waht is your OS language?

Dutch, if you need more system information just ask me :rolleyes:

Woow, that eset sysinspector sure does take it's time, i hope it'll come up with something impressive!

do you install Spybot Search & Destroy or any symantec product?

i am 90% sure uninstall Spybot Search & Destroy your ess will install

Usman thanks for helping me, i'll have to wait until i can try it tomorrow but i guess 90% says your right :blink: I hope this fixes it ;) Will post results here tomorrow.

I'm sorry to tell, but uninstalling Spybot S&D didn't do the trick :frusty:! Any other suggestions? I have never installed any symantec products on my laptop.

Which AS or FW do you have installed?

_ Run online Scan at Kaspersky or / & Ewido/AVG AS / Trendmicro

_ Use CCleaner for cleaning

_ Delete Eset program files

_ Delete Windows Prefetch

_ Disable System-Restore XP, Reboot, Enable it

_ Run Chckdsk & sfc /scannow (XP CD necessary)

(* in case of not genuine XP, you have to use activation crack again :sneaky: )

Good Luck

:frusty:

I'm sorry to tell, but uninstalling Spybot S&D didn't do the trick :sneaky:! Any other suggestions? I have never installed any symantec products on my laptop.

please try to delete the file C:\WINDOWS\inf\INFCACHE.1 and install again. Let me know if it helped

I'm sorry to tell, but uninstalling Spybot S&D didn't do the trick :sneaky:! Any other suggestions? I have never installed any symantec products on my laptop.

please try to delete the file C:\WINDOWS\inf\INFCACHE.1 and install again. Let me know if it helped

Didn't help, i saw that some other people on the mentioned forum had the same problem, so i guess a solution is at hand.

Didn't help, i saw that some other people on the mentioned forum had the same problem, so i guess a solution is at hand.

try using this nod removal tool! il pm u link

Archived