Mozilla Firefox 7.0 Final

toyo

• Replies 53
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

does ff lagging has been fix? :D

Looks like so. My answer would be yes. :)

Now Roboform needs an update. :(

Well I can't cope without Roboform. I'd never get into any sites. :unsure:

I found that the Roboform Lite toolbar from the Firefox Add-Ons page works just fine. The only thing is that site icons are not added to your logins - but it will do until an update.

does ff lagging has been fix? :D

Looks like so. My answer would be yes. :)

i feel same GUI slow down when multiple tabs are open like was in ver 6 before :o

People with multiple tabs really need Tab Mix Plus.. Seven has never been real lagging to me.. I mean it will be limited by the number of tabs and memory usage of each page...would vary between them and the type of page tested.. When you start overloading your system it should be time to rethink how you use the Internet.. or atleast in organizing and consolidation for some a handle on ADHD.. and focus.. I mean how many of these tabs are you really in need of so much so your doing so many things with each one... Do you ever even go back to them? Its sort of how I look at it.. if it can open several tabs and be fine I am okay with that... I could hit a ton of sites but after all of the variables and problems presented by other coding and scripts, flash and who knows what else at the same time ti sort of is consideration.. but more like from a different standpoint.. still no reason not to.

This version should have been faster to start.. and more efficient to use as far as the browser core was concerned...THATS IF your extensions are not slowing it down.. that can be lost by bad maintenance and versions of junk building up..

• Administrator

To be honest, I'm experiencing no slowdowns whatsoever, even the ones I used to face in Firefox 5. FF5 used to literally hang when loading a site with heavy script, or used to have a timeout at loading a new site. So far I haven't faced such problems. :)

I am getting sick of Firefox releasing new versions every week, making all of my addons obsolete. :angry: :frusty:

I don't understand people that hate "updates", Chrome releases updates and new versions just as fast. Would you rather have them release new versions like IE does every 2-3 years?

If anything you should blame the addon authors for being lazy and not changing 2 lines of code to make there addons compatible with the newer versions. I use 8 addons and all of them work perfectly from 6 -> 7

Yeah technically the two failed updates of 5 and 6.. where there seemed to be worse coding than any improvements... and the extensions compatibility is what hurts this whole thing.. Chrome had the same exact problem.. including fixing issues and then breaking the rendering engine in the next version...

It isn't so bad when we use extensions which are actively developed and really to be honest some changes in version do require much more than a version number compatibility change.. some have to recode the entire UI integration side the extension, other have remove deprecated methods and address the new ones relative to how that effects the code within the extension .. so its not all that easy for some especially when experience and time spans these considerations.. bring in such a large selection of extensions to the fore.. is not all that easy either.. and thats after Mozilla addresses the extension platform.. which is due to make yet other changes..The roller coaster which is upsetting everyone's day...

If they continue to make stride like with 7 and 9 Nightly.. IMO.. and address the extension platform and devs start to have something to work with to bring them into a workable state .. or even know what direction to go.. Then I think things will go much more smoothly.. Its a matter of time and release cycle as well as where these objectives lay and how this is going to relate to areas of the UI and Core of the browser.. which may effect this platform or need to be altered itself to support it.. and retain the strides made..

Point here is that there is much more to it than simply changing a number and moving forward.. and waiting time rewriting an extension which will have to be redone form the ground up.. every two weeks or something.. thats a ton of work.. I have for example 5 or 6 plugins and 35 Extensions running in Fx7 right now.. I used the Nightly Tester Tools to turn a few of them on that I could not find better extensions or rather extension that were compatible or actively developed.. The big thing with me is losing a few key aspects of behavior which I have altered in browsers up to version 4.. Some replacements simple do not address it because they have yet to find the way.. and those areas are actively being changed with each release.. In fact I do think some of these would be great enhancements to Fx..

I do worry some about some other areas.. how extension relate to security, vulnerabilities in a combination thereof.. and each by themselves..and but.. anyway... Updating the browse really is not the problem... Chrome did not have these issues due to the fact they have no extensions to begin with.. it was in its infantile state.. and nobody really used them.. barely do.. IMO because of the quality and tool aspect... and they worked on keeping them or changing to a method which kept them compatible yet updated them as well.. FF on the otherhand has YEARS of extensions, Devs.. and a method to jack-in to the browser in ways to create tools and extend this browser in ways others cannot.. while being safe.. and it is hard to rewrite something that has taken years to tweak... make more efficient.. address issues because of browser updates which were not a real problem in the past.. and be better at what it does.. a high priority.. but not going to happen overnight.. IMO..

Most of mine are not working. I use Roboform for my passwords and does not work either.

changelog updated

any staff change changelog(beta)

The latest version of Firefox has the following changes
  • Drastically improved memory handling for certain use cases
  • Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
  • Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync
  • The 'http://' URL prefix is now hidden by default
  • Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
  • Added support for the Web Timing specification
  • Enhanced support for MathML
  • The WebSocket protocol has been updated from version 7 to version 8
  • Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox
  • Fixed several stability issues
  • Fixed several security issues

Most of mine are not working. I use Roboform for my passwords and does not work either.

I installed Roboform Lite add on, and selected 'store on this computer only' and it works with all my logins :dance2:

Incompatible with Roboform and Norton toolbar. Hope they'll fix this issue soon. :frusty:

Edit:

Symantec has updated its program so norton toolbar isn't a problem anymore.

Thanks for the share! :) I just now noticed, when starting to snoop around that the final is out :P

well, at this point just about n-o-t-h-i-n-g works right on my FF setup. Congrats Mozilla, I just finally switched my default browser to Chrome. Seriously, does Mozilla think I (or anyone else) have a day or two to sit here and sort out all the crap that is now non-functional with their browser? This sucks. I mean it really, really sucks.

• Administrator

Guys, try this trick in about:config :

browser.preferences.instantApply

Toggle it to True. With this, any changes you make in Firefox options window, gets applied immediately, no need for the OK button. :)

Archived