• Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i tried it , the metro style needs touch-based laptop or desktop

i think with the addition of MS kinect , windows 8 will shine

other than that , it would suck

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tried it for a day an went back to Windows 7. Will be waiting for the final version, I'm pretty happy with Win7 for now...

• 2 months later...

No. Unless you're an experienced tester there's no point whatsoever in trying an incomplete product.

I differ with your opinion. Testers are good for feedback, and who better to provide feedback than future users. Plus it is also almost indispensable for software developers.. Imagine if graphic driver developers, or even your browser developers had to wait until the final version is released to start working on your product.

Also it can give you time to plan for the future.. maybe you are starting to think you need a new computer and maybe if you like it then you'll wait to buy one with a touch screen. IMO it is very useful to try beta version of products.

Yes and I'm deeply disappointed. It's like being in a smartphone. So limited in stuff to do.

I'm not usually against change but this is a drastic move for microsotf.

• Administrator

Tried it yesterday. Though I only tried the actual OS for 10 mins, I won't say I like it.

First thing first, they should make the desktop as an OS part itself and not an app. Second, it's feels too complicated. Things you could do easily on Windows 7 would take few more clicks on Windows 8. That's not it, the "new start menu" is too hard to open. Plus apps are too hard to close.

It's in beta alright. But I got bored in 10 mins. If I try for couple of hours or even days, I can rant more. :P

The desktop side in principal hasn't changed too much for good, infact, has made things complicated.

• Administrator

I only tried the actual OS for 10 mins,

That says it all.

Posted Image

See the difference in views? I don't feel it's worth more than 10 mins of usage. Of course it can be tried more, so I did, but there again, 10 mins was all that I needed to tell myself that I have had it enough.

Tried for 2 days and then uninstalled it just because of that metro crap.If MS gives option to disable metro in final version(or 3rd party software disables metro) then I will try it again otherwise I will skip this version.

Sl@pSh0ck™

Trying it atm on a spare laptop, I don't know if I like the metro mode or what, but the fact that I have to learn to use this OS makes it interesting enough for me. Most of the apps I'm using in win 7 works well in win 8, so I will make this as my primary OS as soon as it turns RTM.

one can say windows8 SUXX speacially ie it freezes in regular intervals

Archived