Attn all limewire fanboys

Vargas

• Replies 41
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest FTFakes

just want to mention that there is a new LimeWire clone that claims to have the LimeWire Pro features and is free.

FrostWire

they also clain not to block any (copyrighted) content.

• 2 weeks later...

Vargas,

so I fire up Gnucleus, and the cache only gets to like 25% and then doesn't go any higher and obviously doesn't connect. It seems I need an ip of something on gnutella to bootstrap in or something. Help a brother out.

I've heard a good amount of other people saying this sorta thing is happening to them too. It would seem that since this version is a few months old, the gnucleus cache is too out of date

Vargas,

so I fire up Gnucleus, and the cache only gets to like 25% and then doesn't go any higher and obviously doesn't connect. It seems I need an ip of something on gnutella to bootstrap in or something. Help a brother out.

I've heard a good amount of other people saying this sorta thing is happening to them too. It would seem that since this version is a few months old, the gnucleus cache is too out of date

unzip to your gnucleus folder http://snode.port5.com/gnodes.zip

This could be worth trying, thanks for the heads-up :rolleyes:

I have liked and always probably no doubt will always like BearShare, I've used it since I saw the version 4 released out and that was ages ago lol.

I'll try this though.

Installed and Ready Edit

I've got it installed, I've extracted all possible Gnodes and it's still not connected or connecting for that matter. The cache goes upto 26.6% and lies there, dawdling for about 5 minutes. It doesn't appear to work for me :frusty:

firewall/router issues? try enabling "firewalled" in preferances>local>firewall

you do have networks enabled in preferances>local>network, right? personally i only connect to G2 because regular gnutella is infested with so many search bots that return results for any and all searches

Vargas,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

unzip to your gnucleus folder http://snode.port5.com/gnodes.zip

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the nodes. They worked for me. Unzipped them to the right folder, fire'd up gnucleus and the cache slowly filled up. Once I got one connection it was obviously golden from there.

@ Greg

26.6% was the % my cache was stuck at too before I put the new nodes in. I'm not trying to insult you, but are you sure you put the nodes in the right place? Often its the easy shit that throws a monkey wrench into plans.

@ Trev0r269

Yep, I added them to the Gnucleus folder as I think 99.9% is the right place but it still didn't improve and anyway, why change I thought. Bearshare pwns all P2P app :(

Agreed...

But sorry i am a nub when it comes to this but what exactly is the difference between Open-Source/ Java... I mean I sorta like this new program.. But yeah Limewire just has more appeal to it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plain and simple, thats the way to be. Which is why I use LimeWire..

I'd much prefer Limewire and Frostwire it was wasn't run by Java. Java slows down your machine and uses huge system resources.

Non-Java Gnutella Networked applications suchas BearShare are great because they dont use Java, they are twice as fast as Limewire and are more efficient.

Imperceptible

I don't mind Java, it's just annoying when it loads. I use LimeWire and my cousin uses BearShare and seems to think it's better than LimeWire. Although I tell him they both use the same network and there cannot be that much differnce. I will have to try this though.

• 3 months later...

I have tried Gnucleus, and it is a good program. Open source and no Java, but much like Shareaza but with no eDonkey network. It connects pretty fast and it is easy to configure, the only problem I have with it, is that Shareaza does everything it does plus has the eDonkey network and BitTorrent. It is better than LimeWire in some ways, but LimeWire still has better features. It really can't compare to Shareaza though.

Thanks. :)

Guest willied
I have tried Gnucleus, and it is a good program. Open source and no Java, but much like Shareaza but with no eDonkey network. It connects pretty fast and it is easy to configure, the only problem I have with it, is that Shareaza does everything it does plus has the eDonkey network and BitTorrent. It is better than LimeWire in some ways, but LimeWire still has better features. It really can't compare to Shareaza though.

Thanks. :sneaky:

alot of sites ban shreaza for having edonkey not sure why...but shaeaza is alright ive found better speeds on gnucleus...i used shareaza for like 2 years just seems the speeds jump to much...say ill be downloading at 45KBs then it will jump like 5 then 8 then 10

Archived